• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ATEE: Partners in Crime *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

Re: ATEE: Rockefeller Street *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

Of course, the group was quick to accompany. Surprisingly, they were on the actual streets of Bistra Voda, and judging by the lights ahead, they were about to chase Clint straight onto Rockefeller Street itself.

He didn't seem to have any plans other than to hurry to wherever he was going. Sure enough, after a few more moments of running, they emerged on the main body of Rockefeller Street. There seemed to be nobody around right now, so it must be very late at night, Rex realised.

Clint seemed to get a kick of smugness out of the way he was dancing from their grasp. It looked like he was heading for the venus of the contest of the coming day, the arena at 1273 Rockefeller Street.

Clint tripped on a step before the entrance of the arena, and Baggue took this opportunity to pounce, pin him to the ground, handcuff him, and punch him in the face.

Rex, Gwyneth and Jonah, in that order, came to a stop behind them, also breathing heavily.
Baggue leaned closer to Clint for a moment, then stood up.
"'So close...', he says. Guess we got him just short of his destination."

"I'm as surprised as Cairne, though, that Clint would stoop so low," Baggue admitted. "I mean, he's just a common- if flamboyant- thief, not a killer."
"Perhaps that's why he never actually managed to hit any of his targets," Jonah proposed. "Too scared of taking a life."
Clint just gave a defeated grunt.

"Right you are. You guys head on back to your hotel- you know where it is from here, don't you? I can handle Clint by myself from here."
"Hey, Baggue," Jonah said as they began to walk away from the scene, leaving the policeman and the captured Clint behind. "You know how it's, like, 2AM, and it's dark outside? Well, do you really need those sunglasses?"
"...Just go away and enjoy tomorrow's contest."

Rex shook his head with a smile, and led them away to the hotel. As it turned out, Cairne, done with investigating Clint's apartment and confiscating the ill-gained money, had returned Regina to the hotel before reuniting himself with Baggue at the main police station of Bistra Voda later that night. Since, though, as Jonah had pointed out, it was so late at night, the group had retired to their rooms to sleep, not bothering to learn about what the two cops had done the rest of that night.

Before too long, they were to find themselves in the Rockefeller Street arena, having just seen the entirety of the contest, from Italy's entry right up to Scotland's, plus the interval act to keep them entertained as the votes from all around the world were counted. At this very present moment, the only country left to officially cast its votes was Belarus, and without their votes, the current top three on the scoreboard read as follows:
1st ~ BLAZIA, 285 pts
2nd ~ ENGLAND, 281 pts
3rd ~ HUNGARY, 204 pts

In truth, as this revealed, the winner could only be either England's Engelbert Humperdinck, or Blazia's very own Muse, and these two contenders had been fighting for the top spot from more or less the beginning of the voting process. It was now down to the votes cast by the Belarusian people- who was the winner of all winners? They were moments away from finding out.

Rex had very much enjoyed Engelbert 'The Hump' Humperdinck's ballad about wishing a past lover the best, but he truly wanted his father to win. The wait was over. A woman appeared on the large screen behind the stage.
"Hello, Mobius!" she exclaimed in a heavy Belarusian accent. "This is Minsk calling with the first results of the Belarusian vote!"
With that, a list of countries and their allocated points appeared on the screen next to her.
GALLAND +1 pt
SWEDEN +2 pts
SOLEANNA +3 pts
FINLAND +4 pts
SERBIA +5 pts
HOLLAND +6 pts
ITALY +7 pts

This, however, told the world nothing about who would win. So here came the top three votes.
"And now, the people of Belarus have decided...Eight points go to...Hungary!" The view on the screens cut to NOX, the Hungarian delegation, celebrating their finish on 212 points. "Ten points go to...England!" Cut to Engelbert and his team looking hopeful. 291 points could be all they needed for a win... "And finally...Belarus gives its twelve points to...Blazia!" The camera cut to Muse, in their seat in the arena's green room, celebrating. With a grand total of 297 points, they, as an insert on the screen confirmed, had won the Mobiovision Winners' Contest.

Back
Top Bottom