• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ATEE: Partners in Crime *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

Re: ATEE: The Living Doll *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

Jeane just laughed quietly to herself, believing to have one-upped Travis somehow, and went on her way with the doll.

It seemed she was to take it everywhere with her, because it was still occupying one of her arms at supper, where she was pretending to feed it, as if it were alive.

"She certainly has. That can only be a good thing. Plus, maybe it'll teach her a little something about appreciation of gifts."

Whilst Jeane had her attention focused on her own food, the doll seemed to turn itself to face Travis, and give another ghastly grin.

This caused Travis to give a loud cough.
"You OK, Travis?" Leonel asked him.
"Yeah… I-I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" Carol put in. "You don't need some water, or something?"
Of course, by now, the doll had returned to its normal blank expression and limp, lifeless body.

"No, I'm OK." He stole another glance at the doll, thinking, OK, I don't care what anyone says, that doll's haunted or something.

Returning to the garage, Leonel found the doll lying on the floor. He dismissed this as Jeane leaving the doll behind, and headed back to his work, passing a shelf on the way.

As if by some bizarre coincidence, the doll leaned to one side just as a hammer fell from said shelf, almost as if aimed at Leonel's head.

Naturally, he flinched backwards. Looking back at the doll, he picked it up. "OK, something fishy's going on here," he said to it, "and I'm starting to think that you're behind it all."

Its form flopped appropriately as it was picked up, though there was something about how it looked that suggested it was somehow meeting Leonel's eyes, though physically, it wasn't. Then, in time with the words he heard, the gem hanging from its forehead began to flash.
You can think what you want.

Leonel felt conflicted. This doll was likely possessed and trying to kill him and his son. He felt like he should destroy the doll. But that would greatly upset Jeane, and he didn't want to do that. After all, she loved the doll so…
Disgusted, he cast the doll to the floor, telling himself,​ I'll return it to her later.

If it had not landed thusly, it had certainly righted itself into a sitting position, to watch him leave.

Leonel bumped into Travis outside the garage.
"Um, Dad, can I talk to you about something?"
"Sure thing. What is it?"
Lowering his voice, Travis said, "That doll… it's seriously creeping me out. I almost think—"
"It's possessed? Yeah, I'm starting to think that too. In fact, I'm pretty sure it tried to drop a hammer on my head just now."
"Great, a possessed doll that's trying to kill us…"
"And it belongs to Jeane, so we can't do anything about it… right now."

In almost the same fashion as if she had been summoned by those very words, Jeane approached them.
"Daddy, Travis, have you seen my doll? I think I lost it."

"So, uh, how're we gonna, y'know… un-possess it?" Travis asked.
"I dunno," Leonel sighed. "Maybe when I finish work on my laser sword, we'll confront it and see what it does."

Back
Top Bottom