• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ATEE: Partners in Crime *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

Re: ATEE: The Living Doll *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

As Jeane walked past with the doll, it spoke to them again, with that familiar, well-timed flashing of the gem in synchronisation with its words- though Jeane seemed unable to hear it.
Maybe you will see. You shall see something, indeed.
By itself- though outside of Jeane's notice- it climbed to a position from which it could look over her shoulder, and it gave another creepy grin, this time exposing what looked like- but could not have been- jagged teeth inside the mouth it didn't actually have.

"…You better finish with your laser sword pretty soon, then," Travis told his father.

"So your sister has a doll that your and your dad think is possessed?" Otenko asked, in his jaguar form. He and Travis were in the latter's room.
"Yep," Travis, who was hanging from the ceiling, confirmed. "And it's seriously creeping me out. Like, it nearly dropped a hammer on my dad's head. And it has a grin that nearly reaches its eyes. And it has no mouth!"
"Well, I dunno what to say, man. At least your dad's working on a laser sword. Just try not to let that thing drive you insane."
Travis descended to the floor, and sighed. "Right now, I think that might be a bit hard."

Can you feel the sunshine?
Does it brighten up your day?
Don't you feel that sometimes
You just need to run away…
Travis woke up early the next morning with these lyrics ringing in his head. Although he'd never heard this song before, it seemed oddly cheery and out of place for his situation. Climbing out of bed, he opened the door and headed into the bathroom. Looking into the mirror, he saw the doll in the mirror's reflection, and turned.

It turned out that the doll was, in fact, not there. Then its voice appeared in his head.
Well? Can you feel the sunshine, Travis?

In the reflection, and at an alarming speed, the doll was floating towards him, yet another wide, merciless, ridiculous grin plastered on its face.

When the doll reached the threshold between the reflection and reality, it vanished. It had been an illusion.

Travis shook his head. Clearly, the doll was trying to drive him to insanity rather than kill him. But he was determined not to let that happen. Not until that doll stopped tormenting him and his father.

A little later that day, Travis found Jeane with the doll, and decided that he needed to ask her about the doll. "Hey Jeane?"

"Yeah?" She paused not quite long enough for him to reply. "If you're going to ask, no, you can't play with my doll. He's mine."

"That… that wasn't what I was gonna ask. You haven't seen that doll doing anything… unusual, have you?"

"No," she said flatly, suspecting that this might be some ploy to separate her from her doll.

"Why were you even looking that hard at my doll? You're never going to take him. And if you think he smiled...I guess he must really like spending time with me."

Maybe, but I know for a fact that it doesn't like me, Travis thought, solemnly looking at the doll. He had to exorcise the doll somehow...

Otenko was looking through the fridge, when he felt someone's presence other than his. Closing the fridge, he saw the doll sitting on the counter, and sighed, asking it, “What do you want? Why are you tormenting us like this?”

Again accompanied by the flashing of its gem, it indulged his query.
I just want your souls, and it's much, much easier to take them when your sanity isn't in my way.

Once Otenko had left the room, and with deliberate slowness, the doll put one hand, then the other, on the edge of the bin, and pulled itself up and out, allowing itself to land in a near-enough sitting position just in front of it.

Later, Leonel found the doll in the garage, and picked it up. “OK, before you can smash my face with an iron or something...” He picked up a blowtorch, aimed it at the doll, and turned it on.

The doll did not give any smug response at all, and after a few moments, the reason why became clear: no matter where the blowtorch was held, its flame simply could not reach the doll, so it remained unharmed.

Back
Top Bottom