• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ATEE: Partners in Crime *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

Re: ATEE: Russian Girl *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

Rex had not been considering how to keep Anastasiya entertained, but now he pondered whether the desert would make her irritable. He hoped not; his Russian was very limited, and, as far as he was aware, neither Cal nor Jonah could understand the language at all...
For now, though, they were coming upon a fairly large pond. It would not be an issue to navigate around it- such being but a minute detour- but it was still something new for the Russian princess to be fixated upon.

As it happened, that pond was the last source of water they came across before the soil beneath their feet began to give way to sand, and the tree population began to thin drastically.

Anastasiya hurried a little way ahead to get a proper look, and seemed a little disheartened, but not too much so. Jonah seemed unaware of just how blatantly he was staring after her and how unabashedly his face was reddening with a quiet kind of blush.

Cal's face drew Rex's attention to Jonah.
"Uh, Jonah...Are you feeling alright?" His voice was a mixture of concern and concealed mirth.
"I, um...I...Aah!" Jonah shook himself. "I'm fine, okay?! I'm...I'm fine."

"Stop it..." he whined. Anastasiya looked round, to see what the commotion was about; Jonah turned away, so that she wouldn't notice his now-fading blush of infatuation.

"Let's...just..." Rex started to lead again, not finishing his sentence. The road ahead, as promised, ran through the desert, and was virtually indistinguishable from the rest of the dusty, peach-pecan sand scattered over the slightly more crimson-ish rock beneath it. All that there was by way of scenery here, besides the forest and the south region retreating behind them, was the occasional dark red rock formation or mesa, and dots on the horizon that were towns found in the harsh central-Blazian desert, such as Crimston, and, more notably, Bistra Voda. Their route, however, did not so much as direct them near those locations.

Anastasiya began to grow a little restless as they went, what with there being much, much less scenery to entertain her, but she remained silent, to the extent that Rex wondered if she could even speak at all. She did perk up, though, when she noticed that, although it was some way off, they were coming up on a small oasis that had what appeared to be a little town built up next to it.

"An oasis? So soon?" Rex seemed surprised at the development, then checked his watch. "Well, we have been going for quite a while. I guess it's not that uncommon."

It would still take a while to get there from here, but that would not be an excessively long time. Evening was beginning to set in on their arrival. Unfortunately, though, it seemed that, vibrant though the oasis was, the town- almost a shanty town, cobbled together out of old pieces of wood and long since abandoned- was as dead as could be.

Back
Top Bottom