• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ATEE: Partners in Crime *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

Re: ATEE: The Salmon Of Doubt *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

Theodore just shook his head and proceeded into the main living-room of the house. He came across a few unopened letters on the coffee-table, the natures of which, not to mention the addressee, confirmed his suspicions about who the occupant of this house was, or had been.
Harman, meanwhile, had wandered into room further back; into some kind of conservatory.
"Yep; she's dead, alright," he called out from in there.

"She broke the glass ceiling."
"We established that," Theodore said. "She was an investment banker."
"...No, I mean she literally broke the glass ceiling."
Theodore went into the conservatory, beholding a chalk outline of a collapsed body, some dried blood, and a field of glass shards that appeared to have originated from what had been this room's roof.
"...Oh."

"She was either pratting about on the conservatory roof in her underwear, like we all do from time to time-" This remark earned him a puzzled stare from both Megan and Theodore. "-or someone pushed her out of an upstairs window with the intention of killing her. ...Or maybe she jumped. I don't know."

"Yeah! We'll find whoever did this and make them pay for their crimes!"
Travis gave a small snicker. "Oh Jake, always the hot-blooded one..."

"Right!" With that, Harman led the way back to the front door, as the stairs had been on the right from there.
"...I'm still not over the mental image of Harman in his underwear, dancing on a rooftop," Megan admitted, her voice a little more quietly perplexed than usual. "Cannot unthink."

"If it's any consolation, I didn't see it coming, either," Theodore told her, as he and Megan left the conservatory.

"Give me a moment to get my bearings," he said, from the top of the stairs. "...This one."
He made his way into what looked like a bedroom. As the view from the single window suggested, this one overlooked the conservatory below. If the woman had fallen from another room, it would have had to have been this one.

"That answers the question of how..." Travis said, looking out the window.
"...Now all that's left is the question of why," Jake finished.

"I'm not seeing anything convincing here," Harman said in a cryptic way.
"If I had to guess, I'd say it's linked to the other recent murders," Theodore said. "And there tends not to be a motive when it comes to randomised serial killings like this."

"There hasn't been any obvious connection between any of the recent victims. Age, race, gender, social class...Nothing."
Harman tapped his chin in thought.
"Nothing...except really bad luck," he said, at last. "I think I might have an idea, but I'd need to check a few things out first."

"That implies you've been following him perfectly until now." She started to leave the room again, as Harman and Theodore had already done.

Back
Top Bottom