• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
  • Hello all! The staff is planning a restructuring to the forums on April 11th. Please see this announcement thread for details.

ATEE: Partners in Crime *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

This fire burns bright!
Reaction score
Mary ducked under this, then tackled Megan to the ground, throwing punch after punch at her.

thea ante hominēs
Reaction score
Punch after punch; block after block-- or, at least, that was the plan. It wasn't easy when Mary was this relentless. Finally, Megan threw a hand up of her own, charging an electric spell and grabbing one of Mary's oncoming fists with the same hand.

This fire burns bright!
Reaction score
This would result in the both of them being electrocuted, with Mary yelling in pain, unable to pull her hand away.

thea ante hominēs
Reaction score
Megan gritted her teeth, locking her hand in place, holding on to Mary's-- partly, she conceded, because the rush of electricity prevented her from relaxing her muscles in any way, but mostly-- or so she chose to believe-- to take the noble path of sacrificing her own comfort to deliver as much damage as she could.

This fire burns bright!
Reaction score
Mary would finally manage to teleport away in a puff of black smoke, resting on one knee as she tried to have a moment to recover her strength.

thea ante hominēs
Reaction score
Despite every fibre of her being screaming at her to stand and finish the job, Megan, too, was unable to move for lack of energy.
Of course. Of course it had to end this poetically. Well, whatever; as long as it is the end.

This fire burns bright!
Reaction score
Mary then slowly rose, panting slightly as she shakily raised her fists and waiting for Megan to do the same.

thea ante hominēs
Reaction score
With her teeth as firmly gritted as ever, she forced herself to find the strength she needed to get up. Just one final blow, one coup-de-grace, that was all she needed; then she could rest all she wanted. Just...one good, solid hit, right..?

This fire burns bright!
Reaction score
Mary began to slowly advance towards her, arms raised to block, though that probably wouldn't mean much in her weakened state.

thea ante hominēs
Reaction score
She drew a breath, and the first thing that came of it, in spite of herself, was just a sigh. This was it. Just...
She wound back, readying a punch.
Just...
She let it fly, aiming to break Mary's guard.
Just...
...end it.

This fire burns bright!
Reaction score
The sky flashed red as she made contact, and as Mary fell, their surroundings darkened, until suddenly a circle of light shined down over them.
She let out a hollow laugh as she lied on the ground.
"Looks like fate... has favored you."

thea ante hominēs
Reaction score
Megan held her ground, just breathing for a moment, then crouched beside her.
"Fate nothing. I was just fighting to protect what's mine." Despite herself, she gave a more sincere laugh-- not of schadenfreude, but of genuine emotion. "And you...You just lost your way, that's all. Gave your all for one last shot at life, no matter what the actual cost. And for that, at least..."
She offered Mary her hand.
"For that, I can forgive you."

This fire burns bright!
Reaction score
Mary looked at it in some amount of surprise, then slowly took Megan's hand. As she did, their surroundings changed to a field of sunflowers under a starry sky.
"...Thank you. I suppose I could never beat you."

thea ante hominēs
Reaction score
She watched the area as it transformed, heartened that this must be the right thing to do after all.
"You know...I didn't forget about you on purpose." One more look at the sky. "Apart from what I was shown during...this...I don't remember anything from that long ago. ...That's normal, isn't it?"

This fire burns bright!
Reaction score
"I suppose, but... can you blame me for being mad?"

thea ante hominēs
Reaction score
She contemplated addressing the question directly, given how obviously loaded it was.
"...We were both used. But that's over with now, right?"

This fire burns bright!
Reaction score
"Yes... I guess it is."
At this, the sky began to brighten; it seemed the sun would rise soon.

thea ante hominēs
Reaction score
"So...that means I'll be waking up soon, then, probably." She took a long look at the dawning sky. "What's going to happen to you?"

This fire burns bright!
Reaction score
"Don't worry about me. I'll be around, but my... 'friend'... still has my body. If you can find where he's keeping it, I could come back... And I look forward to that day."

thea ante hominēs
Reaction score
"Where would that even be?-- And, actually..." She looked around hastily, as if that might provide answers for her. "...How much of what I saw was your doing? Like...Rex? Did you...'create' him?"