• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ATEE: Partners in Crime *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

"You refer to our current forms?" Amaterasu glanced back towards the Sol Shrine. "Gods require some sort of power to be able to physically manifest in the world, whether it be prayer, belief, or even shrines such as these. The more power we have, the more powerful we become. But in this current day and age, where technology gradually becomes more advanced and prevelant, there isn't much belief in gods to draw upon. When you first encountered me, all I had were the Sol Emeralds. They hold the power of light, and as belief in me diminished and my power waned, I came to depend on them to exist in this world. Were it not for your efforts, the goddess of the sun would be nothing more than a myth."
"And... Chibi? How did he come to exist?" Travis asked.
"Are you aware of the concept of yin and yang?"
"...Yeah..."
"For as much darkness as there is in the world, there must be as much light. When darkness grew to become greater than me, that is when my son came to be."

Megan's expression remained a total blank, but she held her tongue.
"You did great," Chibi grinned, inclining his head at the group. "How would you feel about becoming our Celestial Envoys?"

"Celestial Envoys?" Asriel repeated.
"Over the years, we have chosen certain people, such as Otenko, to spread news of our existance," Amaterasu explained. "Species, size, it does not matter. Why, my first Envoy was a dear friend and talented artist no larger than your pinkie finger."
"...What?" Travis flatly asked.
She shook her head. "'Tis a long story. At any rate... is being an Envoy something you feel you would be able to do?"

Megan frowned at the prospect, turning it over in her head.
"I mean...we already have our hands full at the moment, so..." She looked to her teammates, then interrupted her own introspection out of politeness. "--But we can still serve you as we do now, if that's alright."
"Celia, what about us?" Shogo spoke up in what felt like the first time in an eternity. "Is that, perhaps, something we should pursue?"

"Of course you may," Amaterasu smiled. "I shall inform you of what your duties shall entail later; I am sure you, as well as your allies, wish for some rest. Allow me to transport you back outside..."
Placing her hands together, Amaterasu's red markings began to glow as everything began to brighten around them, and when their vision returned to normal, they were back at the village near the entrance to Calemvir's lair.

"...F****ck," Travis sighed. "I forgot about that..."
"Sis!" a young voice called out. Celia turned to see her younger brother running towards her.
"Hey Ter!" she grinned. "Easy now, I'm not feelin' th' greatest right now."
Hugging her, he asked, "Did Calemvir hurt you?"
"Naw, but I had t' go t' Mt. Ebott after. There were some... bad things there. Nothin' me and th' gang couldn't handle, though."
"I know, 'cause you're big and strong." Looking to Asriel, he asked, "Who's the goat?"
Asriel laughed softly. "I-I'm not really a goat... I'm one of the monsters from Mt. Ebott. My name's Asriel Dreemurr."
"Oh... Well, I'm Terry, Celia's brother. Thanks everyone, for helping Sis get back home."
As she ruffled his hair, Jake looked towards the shore.
"...Huh? Is that Leonel?"

It was indeed Leonel; he had just recently arrived via boat and was now casually walking towards them, hands in pockets.
"Dad? What're you doing here?" Travis asked.
"I had a feeling you'd be here by now, so I decided to come." His gaze drifting to Megan and Asriel, he smirked. "And I see you've made some... new friends."

"Your response, for one. What's your name, son?"
"A-Asriel Dreemurr. I'm from Mt. Ebott."
"I'm Megan's uncle, Leonel Griffin. Hope you've been good to her."
Asriel turned a light red as Celia stepped forward. "As long as we're doin' a meet-'n-greet... I'm Celia Ragnark. That's my bro Terry, and th' blue-haired guy's my buddy Shogo." Offering a handshake, she smirked. "Nice t' meetcha."
Leonel nodded to Shogo as he accepted the handshake. "Likewise. I have to say... You're probably one of the largest women I've met, in more ways than one."
"I get that a lot."
"Now then..." Turning towards Team Gemini, he tilted his head towards the shore. "How about we head home, kids?"

"You can just--" She snapped a little too quickly, but caught herself. "...Shut up."
And without another word, she turned to leave with her teammates.

As they were walking away, Jake told Leonel, "So, uh, we got something we might need your help with..."
"Oh yeah? What's that?"
"Well, long story short, we need to find a dragon a new home," Travis explained.
Leonel's eyebrows lifted in surprise. "A dragon, huh? That's a new one on me. Well, I suppose I can help with that..."
Meanwhile, off in the mountains, Amaterasu and Chibiterasu watched the group depart.
"Family is such a wonderful thing," she smiled. "It must be great to have so many people care for you... and 'tis a blessing to have someone to care for."

Chibi grinned broadly, and rocked back and forth on the spot with idle energy.
"So...How long do you think it will be until we need their help again?"

Back
Top Bottom