• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ATEE: Partners in Crime *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

Ellie hesitated. "...And risk you sealing us away with no way out? I'm sorry, but no thank you."
"She does raise a good point," Raku pointed out. "How can we be sure you will not betray us in our moment of trust, especially with how wary you have been of us?"

Last edited:
In spite of the accusation, he smiled.
"Good answer." He started to stroll in ahead of them. "And if I go in first, does that help at all?"

With a disjointed eagerness, he led them into what was most likely the main chamber of the cave: a room filled, in the most traditional of senses, with treasures, riches, and other assorted objects of significant value. It truly was a sight to behold.
"Now, if I may? I propose a game, of sorts. If I hide the Ring you want from me in here, and you find it, you can have it. How does that sound?"
"A little too easy," Midnight replied, a little too quickly for comfort. "What's the catch?"
"Ah, you're too clever by far. But there is no catch. So, do we have a deal?"

"...Forgive me for being unsure about this," Raku whispered to his allies. "He may possibly prepare some sort of trap in our distraction."
"That, or hide it somewhere only he could find," Ellie added. "Something loophole-ish, perhaps."

"Yeah, but he is at least offering us the Ring, so...it's something." Midnight shrugged. "I say we just play along. If he wants to cause trouble, we outnumber him."
He paused, and reeled for just a moment, restrainedly.
"...Wow, by the way. Just, how badly do we have it that our default assumption is that he must be trying to kill us?"

"Great." Unceremoniously, he revealed the Ring from wherever it was he had been concealing it on his person, and flung it deep into the room. "Well, have at it."

Midnight cast one last look at Ali Baba, attempting to read him, but he gave nothing away. Taking that as the closest thing to motivation as he was going to get, he followed his comrades into the mess of gold before them.

As she searched, Ellie couldn't help but marvel at the vast array of treasure before them; various types of golden coins, Rings, gems, golden accessories, and even a sword with a golden handle. Were she of lower moral standards, the notion of taking some for herself might've crossed her mind, but no, the World Ring came first and foremost above all else.

"It's impressive, isn't it?" Midnight remarked idly as he dug through a near-enough wall of gold bars, tossing them carefully aside as if they were regular bricks. "That anyone could hoard this much in one place and somehow not completely screw over this world's economy."

"Quite," Raku agreed. "Somehow I doubt that a mere woodcutter could earn this much treasure by himself... Perhaps a family fortune?"
"Found it!" Ellie declared, climbing atop a pile of gold coins to claim the World Ring. "Now let's depart to find another one."

Ali Baba hovered over to them to inspect the artefact, wearing a look of scrutiny.
"Done, are you?"
"Uh...yes?"
"Hrm..." He looked each of them over one more time, with what might have been disapproval, which then vanished as if it had never existed. "...Okay; I'm satisfied. You definitely can be trusted with that Ring."

"?... Very well, then..."
With some amount of hesitation, Ellie made for the exit, unable to shake the feeling that they might very well be walking into a trap.

Though he watched them intently as they left, and followed at a distance, the woodcutter didn't seem to bear any ill intentions. If anything, he was almost disquieteningly casual. At last, Midnight stopped.
"...Okay, I can't deal with this. Are you about to do something, or what?"
"Hm?" He seemed genuinely surprised. "No, I'm done. You can go."
"Just like that? No...ulterior...anything?"
"No-no. You passed the test. You may leave at your leisure."

"If you were truly thieves, you would have taken as much of that treasure-hoard as you could carry as you sought the Ring. Your composure says to me that that possibility had not even begun to cross your minds." He folded his arms, wearing a look of pride. "Between that and saving my life, I think you're easily trustworthy after all."

"Let's see..." He retrieved the map as they re-emerged from Ali Baba's cave.

True to their expectations, the mark indicating the yellow Ring seemed to move as they moved, suggesting they had, indeed, obtained the genuine article. Meanwhile, compared to before, the others were still as they had been displayed: spread across an unholy variety of biomes, with the exception of the green and the mizu, which now seemed to be together, and at a different point on the sea. That aside, their options remained: two distant outposts in far wastelands; and two separate islands on what might as well have been corners of the ocean.

"...Spoilt for choice, aren't we."

Back
Top Bottom