• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ATEE: Partners in Crime *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

"Oh?" He muttered some sort of incantation to the rock wall, sealing it back up again, then turned back to the three of them. "Ask as you will."

His expression clouded somewhat.
"I do not consider the World Ring to be 'treasure'. It just needs to be kept out of the wrong hands." He stole a glance back at the wall behind them. "This was only ever going to be a temporary measure, anyway."

"Just...talk." He waved a dismissive hand. "Sightings of a small band of thieves, led by a blue fox."
Midnight inclined his head, half-listening as he looked at the map again.
"It's a bit of a stretch, but I think they might be involved in this little quest of ours..."

"One of the Rings-- well, two, actually-- have moved since earlier. The green one and the light-blue one are now travelling together." He shrugged. "If I had to guess, that means someone else is out there, collecting them, too. And they've got a head-start over us."

"Then we could just go to them and take the Rings from them. Before we do, though..." She turned back towards Ali Baba. "One last question: whatever's the deal with Badr?"

The woodcutter mulled over his response before saying anything.
"He's just...a very fortunate character." His tone seemed to suggest there was pragmatism to spare in that assessment. "...But I shouldn't gossip."

In that burst of red light and unfamiliar characters, the red jewel glowed, and shifted reality around them in what would feel like both a split-second and an eternity.

Suddenly, the air felt clearer, if sharper; cooler, and easier to breathe, at the cost of the ground below feeling profoundly unstable. More than a moment's glance would reveal that, true to the map's warning, they had been brought to a location surrounded on all sides by sea. ...A rather wooden-looking location. ...A boat. A ship, even. A...Midnight glanced upwards at the rather generous vessel's sail. Black, of course. Decorated with bones, of course.
A pirate ship, of course.

"I had hoped we would not be this unfortunate..." Raku sighed. "...Ellie, are you alright?"
Ellie looked quite uneasy, having turned a mild shade of green before she slapped a hand over her mouth, ran to the side of the ship, and proceeded to vomit overboard into the ocean.
"...Ah. Seasickness."

"Pardon my casual racism, but if it's a cat thing, I totally understand~"
Midnight closed his eyes and massaged his temples. Of all the people this world could have chosen to map onto one of its characters...
"Avast!~" From a higher deck, the presumed captain of the ship leapt gracefully down, offering what was probably a wink, but the eye-patch made it hard to tell. "And where might you three lovelies have sprung from?"

"Is that so?" He swanned over, apparently ignoring any conventions civilised people would expect to adhere to regarding personal space, and took another look at Midnight and Raku. "And what if I am?"
"Well..." His decorum, odd though it was, had Midnight taken aback. Then again, for a doppelgänger of Middy, what else could he have expected? "...We need them."
"Do you, now, sweetie?" The pirate placed a delicate hand to Midnight's chin. "Well, so do I. Funny old world, isn't it?"

Back
Top Bottom