• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ATEE: Partners in Crime *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

Re: ATEE: Coming Home *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

"Makes sense, I guess." He and Jonah went side-by-side (thusly taking up all of the space of the landing that wasn't occupied with the gap down which the stairs went) to the corner where the bathroom was, and took the left turn to the master bedroom. Despite the light out here, it seemed quite dark inside.

This room also seemed quite compact, but this was due to the fact that the furniture here was vastly oversized. On the wall that the door was in hung four portraits, each in a different frame (a red oval, a bluish-teal rectangle, and two deformed shapes that were either white or had faded to white by way of yellow), though the photo in each frame was a combination of caked in dust, and burnt or scorched. The bed seemed badly unmade, and, from Rex's mildly paranoid viewpoint, could easily still be occupied, given the mess the bedclothes were in. The bed itself had sliding doors around its base; it doubled as a storage unit. The entire far wall was a window, hidden behind a pair of thick crimson curtains.

One opened easily, and the other resisted, but only because it was stuck. Behind the one that opened easily were several piles of old clothes, and behind the other was what appeared to be a long hallway with tiny doors at either side of it. However, a wall appeared at the end of said hallway, and approached Cal at an alarming speed, consuming all of the hallway it passed, until it reached the sliding doors, at which point the wall fell over backwards, either revealing itself to be- or turning into- a simple painting of a blue brick wall. Behind it: more clothes, and a small note, written on parchment.

It seemed to be a garbled mess of symbols, combined with illegible writing, words in Chinese, in one section, the instruction 'find me' written six times over, then a seventh time after the Chinese character for the word 'rice', and the letters R, D and P, always thusly clustered, in that order. It was almost like a corrupt text file on a computer that had been further interfered with.

Rex looked at the note over Cal's shoulder.
"I know. I mean, who's coming home?"
"Heh?" Jonah looked at the note, too. "You're telling me you can read this, Rex?"
"Sure. Why? It's not like it isn't written in plain English."

"...Seriously, Cal? It's the same threat I've been given three times before now. Do I have to read it out to you?"
"Uh...That would be helpful, actually," Jonah said, as Rex rolled his eyes.
"Fine...It says 'Don't go to sleep. Don't close your eyes. I'm coming home to find you, and when I do, I'll...'" He trailed off.
"They'll what?"
"I don't know. Whoever keeps sending these messages never finishes them."

"I know. I don't know why they keep telling me not to fall asleep, though. I don't intend to for the forseeable future."

"Then it's a whole different ball-game, I suppose." He sat down then on the bed, hoping to find relief from this emotion not unlike a combination of fear, panic, confusion and anticipation by resting his feet. It did not help; there definitely was something under these covers.

He scowled a little, but stood, went to the head of the bed, and, after hesitating for a moment, pulled the covers back. Somehow, it was Jonah, who had, since Rex had uncovered him, disappeared from where he had just been standing. Both he and Rex gave a brief yell at this discovery.

Back
Top Bottom