• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ATEE: Partners in Crime *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

Re: ATEE: Rockefeller Street *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

"Guess so."
Gwyneth, while they had been conversing, had found the car-park of the hotel, and was going about allocating them a space. She, despite all of their good fortunes thus far, remained in the kind of mood she had made Rex become accustomed to: terse and irritable.

The answer was probably- not that there was any evidence to support that wild theory, though. With the car parked, she got out. Rex followed suit, as did Regina and Jonah.

This car-park was made of stone on the inside, though its exterior was made of the same dark metal as the other buildings of this city. Posters advertising the contest were on the walls, each featuring a different act, plus the Mobiovision logo, decorated with the flag of whichever country they were to represent, and the name of the act and their song. Gwyneth gave a cursory nod of approval to the poster of Galland's Paloma Faith, then strode towards the doorway that connected this building to the hotel next door. Rex followed her, not wanting the group to get separated, and thus not being able to see many of the posters- though he did notice Canada's and Ukraine's- both to be represented by female solo artists, it seemed.

Theirs was just to the right of the door. It featured a rather charismatic photo of Rex's father, and four of Midnight's brothers- or, as the poster correctly named them, 'Muse'. As the letter had said, the song was entitled 'Undisclosed Desires'.

As if the poster weren't enough, Midnight himself was waiting for them in the foyer ahead. It seemed that Miles, who was standing with his brother, had invited one of his children, too- but, judging by how it looked, only one of Miles' children- the eldest- had been invited.
"You five timed that well," Midnight smiled as his daughter ran over to hug him.

"Glad you could make it." He fished a few card-keys from one his pockets, and gave them to Rex. "Your rooms are on floor L, which is the next one up from this one. You should go and get settled in; we've got a rehearsal in about twenty minutes, so I'm going to be heading out pretty soon."
As if on cue, Leslie and Robert emerged from a nearby elevator, followed by a disinterested-looking Sidney, completing the group.
"I'd recommend coming to see the rehearsals, but you might want to get something to eat, first. And by the time you're done, we'll be back here anyway."

Floor L? Cal wondered. Guess this must be one of those buildings that uses letters instead of numbers.

In Bistra Voda, given the height of the buildings, that was far from a rare event- though it still seemed out-of-place to anyone not used to futuristic city life.
"You might as well stay with your cousins," Miles told his son. "You've been here slightly longer; you know your way around well enough. Plus your room's right across from both of theirs." He then nodded to his bandmates, who headed out of the front door of the hotel, which was a considerable way from the ground. Of course, smaller glass tubes for 'pedestrials' were commonplace here, too- but they had only been introduced within the last fifteen years or so.

Regina took Rex's right hand, and Gwyneth, discreetly, his left. This sight momentarily gave Jonah an amusing thought, but it passed as quickly as it had come.
Christian, Rex noted, was of a similar age to him, but spent much of the time distracted by his phone, or some other electronic device. That, coupled with his moody-teenager attitude, made him very much a representative typical of his demographic. Quite different from myself, Rex realised.

Jonah considered this, then that perhaps it was unfair to judge him for it. After all, back home, he had two siblings much younger than himself to share a house with. And they were all aware of just how much of a handful Skye and Melody could be sometimes. In any case, though, the group had reached the elevator.

Christian stepped inside, still attached to his phone. Cal followed him, considering engaging in a conversation with him, but decided it would be pointless to do so.

Rex, still leading his sister and his girlfriend, also stepped in, as did Jonah. As the display on the inside of the lift confirmed, floor L was the next one up from here, which was floor K.

Back
Top Bottom