• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ATEE: Partners in Crime *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

Re: ATEE: Rockefeller Street *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

"I did indeed. It sounded like it came from further down the corridor." Rex started to head that way as he said this.

Some way further along the corridor, a blonde-furred dog was standing outside her room- L169- breathing heavily. After a moment, Jonah recognised her as the Swedish delegate for the song contest: Pernilla Wahlgren. He was unsure if she spoke English, though. Still, it seemed highly likely that the sound of the gun had come from her room.

Fortunately, Swedish was one of the two modern languages Rex had learned at boarding school, though he had never expected it to come in useful like this.
"Vad har hänt?" Rex asked her. "Vi hörde ett skott."
Ms. Wahlgren seemed relieved that she was being addressed in her native language. "Jag...vet inte. ...Jag satt på sängen...och det fanns ett skott...och vasen på bordet bredvid mig krossades."
Rex nodded slowly. "Sounds like someone tried to shoot her, but missed," he summarised for his teammates.

Rex translated the question.
"Nej, det gjorde jag inte," Pernilla replied. "Det var som om det kom från ingenstans."
"Jaså..." Rex thought for a moment. "Får vi gå in och undersöka?"
"Ja, ja, snälla gör det." She stepped aside, and reopened the door to her room.
"She says we can go in and investigate," Rex explained.

Rex and Jonah also went in. This room seemed to be not dissimilar to theirs, although it was more cluttered, with articles like sheet music, and various costumes. As promised, there sat the shattered remains of a vase on a table next to one of the beds. There were no signs of forced entry, and all of the windows were shut, and unbroken. The temperature in the room suggested that this had been the case a few minutes earlier, too- so if there was someone else in here, they would still be in here.

Rex sifted through the remains of the vase.
"Here it is," he said. "Just looks like a regular bullet."

"Probably because you don't speak enough Swedish to know that her would-be assassin hit this vase instead of her. In any case, unless I'm sorely mistaken, whoever or whatever fired at her should still be in here."

"Right." He and Jonah began searching.
"...Let's hope they don't try and shoot us, too," Jonah added belatedly.

They were permitted a few minutes of fruitless searching before they were joined in the room by a raven and a peacock, both in police uniforms.
"Right," the raven said, generally addressing the room. "What happened in here?"

"'Nearly'?"
"They missed," Rex explained, and gestured near the bed. "I found the bullet under the remains of what had been a vase on that table over there."
The peacock adjusted his sunglasses and folded his surprisingly-muscular arms.
"We'd already know that if Mrs. Hurdygurdy (or whatever her name is) out there just spoke English like the rest of us."
His raven colleague looked less than impressed at this response- and that was something, given that his default facial expression, it seemed, was 'unimpressed'- but said nothing to chide him.

Back
Top Bottom