• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ATEE: Partners in Crime *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

Re: ATEE: Rockefeller Street *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

~Rockefeller Street~
Come and walk with me/1273, down the Rockefeller Street/Life is marching on- do you feel that?/1273, down the Rockefeller Street/Everything is more than surreal.

Rex scanned the living room, performing a quick, unnecessary headcount. Cal, Jonah and Gwyneth had arrived, as he had expected, and, of course, Regina was here. He smiled; he hadn't even told her about this news just yet.
"Unless you're psychic, you're going to be wondering why I called you all here," he said.
"Yeah," Gwyneth said, in her moody Gallish accent, and not bothering to play Rex's lexical game. "So tell us."
He just grinned and rolled his eyes. "You'll like it, I'm sure. But at least try to be patient. I'm trying to build up drama."

Last edited:

Rex laughed awkwardly.
"So much for two years of studying Drama at boarding school, then...Alright." He picked up what had, at first, seemed to have been an innocent-looking white envelope from the coffee-table. "It's a letter from my father- but that's not why you're here. No. You're here for what he sent with the letter." He cleared his throat. "I'll just cut straight to the interesting part, alright? Ahem...

"Now, as I'm sure you know, there's a particularly special edition of the Mobiovision Song Contest coming up this month. In fact, if this letter reaches you when I think it will, the contest will be tomorrow- that is, the 22nd. And that's where we're going to be concluding our tour. In fact, that's why we went on tour in the first place. We were voted to represent Blazia at the Winners' Contest, and we were promoting our song. Remember Undisclosed Desires? We won with it in 2016? So I thought you might like to bring Regina and your friends to come and see the show. For that reason, you'll find enclosed..." Rex emptied the remainder of the contents of the envelope onto the table to reveal what the letter was promising. "...five access-all-areas backstage passes. The contest starts at 8pm on the 22nd at the ancestral home of Mobiovision: the arena at 1273 Rockefeller Street...but if you're savvy with your time, you'll get there a lot sooner than right before it starts!"

Regina seemed highly enthused at this news, quickly snatching up one of the backstage passes before anyone could deny her it. And why not? This was an extension of what was generally agreed to be the greatest music festival of the Mobian year.
"Worth the build-up?" Rex asked.
"Actually..." Jonah claimed a pass for himself, "yes. You've managed to redeem yourself."

Last edited:

Gwyneth took hers, and Rex claimed the last one.
"Alright," the wolf said. "But how are we supposed to get there?"
"That's where you come in, actually," Rex said. "You can drive, can't you?"
"Yeah. But it'll take a little bit more convincing to get me to drive us all the way to Bistra Voda."
Rex thought for a moment. "According to Wikipedia, Galland are one of the 20 countries in this contest, too."
"...Go on."
"Paloma Faith, Upside Down."
Gwyneth stood up sharply. "What are we waiting for? Let's go already!"

"It's amazing what a little national pride can do," Jonah commented as Rex and Gwyneth started to lead them outside, to Gwyneth's car. "Just a shame that Brazil never won the contest before. So they're not gonna be in this one."

"Oh, I'm sure it will."
Gwyneth ushered them and Regina into the back seats of her car, while she occupied the driver's seat, and Rex sat in the front passenger-seat. As far as Rex was aware, the one he liked to call his girlfriend was the only one of the five able to drive. He couldn't, and Regina was too young, but Jonah and Cal, he could not account for, though he doubted their driving ability.
Gwyneth took a moment to check something, shrugged, and started the engine. Hers was the type of car capable of flying, and as such, it lacked proper wheels, but this was considered a normal sight. Before too long, they were on the main road that led out of January Forest and into the desert-like region that made up southern-central Blazia.

This was fair; being Prince, only official royal business could, usually, grant him leave of the Palace Town. Not that it really mattered where he went, though. Rex also stared from the window, watching the trees grow less dense as the grass gave way to rocks, dirt and sand.

They were nearing the outskirts of the city, now, but they were still at least half an hour from their destination. Gwyneth pulled the car upwards, into one of the glass tubes that served as lanes for flying cars.

Cal considered how much time it would take to travel this far when their parents were their age, and how far technology had come since then.

Indeed, Bistra Voda had only become more advanced. Since the adventures of the previous generation, the concept of glass tube-roads had really taken off with the advent of flying cars being the mode of transport du jour. Many more buildings, too, had sprung up, with curious kinds of lights and displays among them. As they would soon discover, though, the famed Rockefeller Street- christened Bistra Voda's West End after a district of similar fame in England- remained largely as it had been in the 2010s, though this was more out of its lack of needing an upgrade than a lack of facilities to do so.
Rex had relayed to Gwyneth, as she had been driving, the address of the hotel his father had booked for them, and she had nodded slowly. The route they were taking would take them past the venue of the contest, which was decorated with various kinds of artwork pertaining to the nature of the contest.

Gwyneth followed the tube around a corner as Regina stared behind them, as they left the Rockefeller district. A sign informed them that the hotel they sought was at the next exit of this pipe.
"Almost there," Rex reiterated.

"I lost track of time," Jonah admitted. "But it felt quick."
"I guess it did. Anyways, in the part of the letter I didn't read to you all earlier- the part with the info about the hotel, and stuff- it said that my father had quite a bit of difficulty in getting us rooms here, since it's already pretty full, what with all the tourists who've come for the contest...not to mention the acts themselves will be staying here, too."

Back
Top Bottom