• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ATEE: Partners in Crime *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

Re: ATEE: Madness Of Love *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

She turned with violent speed and, again, tried to rush him. However, Jonah had leaned on the tree she had cut through, and, with expert timing, it had landed in an oh-so-convenient way, harmlessly pinning her in place just a few paces short of the Prince.

"Y'know, if I didn't know better, I'd have thought that that was scripted. But anyways...I was thinking, all we have to do is take out that main monster. I mean, it can't really attack us, can it? It's not like it can do to us what it did to Gwyneth, so..."

"Erm..."
"It went that way," Rex said, having watched the entire scene take place from a fixed location, and so having kept his bearings perfectly. He nodded to his left-- their right-- to indicate where he meant.

Jonah followed, confident that the energy holding Rex in paralysis would be broken upon the creature's demise. As it turned out, the monster itself did not move very quickly, despite its metamorphic capabilities. They came upon it before too long, ambling slowly away through the forest, almost oblivious to its two stalkers.

It offered no resistance at all. The blade sank into the creature, cleaving it in two. One half remained sentient; the other half was simply the equivalent of amputated flesh.

It was cleft into smaller pieces, which, one by one, melted into the air. Jonah stared at where it had been for a few moments.
"...What was so hard about that?"

"Strange."
Rex approached them now, shaking his wings, as they seemed to have gone somewhat numb after his being stunned.
"It's dead and gone, then, I take it?"
"Yup."
"That's brilliant. I was getting worried, especially when the swordfight broke out. Speaking of...we need to go and get Gwyneth out from under that tree."

"That's the Gallish for you, I guess. One form of aggression just isn't enough."
"And that's what you like about her, isn't it, Rex?"
"Ugh...whatever, Jonah. If you say so..."
With that exchange, he started to lead them back to the clearing. Jonah hesitated, giving a paranoid glance to the branches of the trees, momentarily suspecting a further dark entity to be there, but he saw nothing, and his mind was put at rest. He accompanied his teammates away.

Up in the forest canopy, those four figures shifted back to their previous positions of observation.
"Well, Akira, I guess you're not so infallible after all. And you raised our hopes so much this time."
"That's enough, Kiyoko. What were you expecting to happen? That beast was old and weak. It was a tired, haggard rag of existence. Did you honestly expect it to prevail?"
"Uh..."
"Think of the bigger picture. Besides, it was going to die anyway. We simply made the most of what was left."
"B-but we went through so much trouble to get it back out of the Twilight Cage..."
"Don't question my methods, Takashi," Akira said tersely, turning to another of her colleagues, "and for the love of everything holy, take that stupid thing off your head."
The so-named Takashi sighed.
"Yes, Akira-san..."

To be continued...

ATEE: The Salmon Of Doubt *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

~The Salmon Of Doubt~

At Ayres Island on a vacation, Team Gemini was walking down a path through a mid-density pine forest with a lake on their right and a main road on the top of a hill on their left, but the hill was much steeper between this path and the road than it was between the path and the lake. There were a few cabins scattered around the woods, and Team Gemini was on the way to theirs.
"Good thing Travis' dad was able to pay for our vacation, huh?" Jake asked.

Re: ATEE: The Salmon Of Doubt *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

"I guess so," Megan replied, caring more than her tone suggested. "He could have at least found somewhere a little more exotic, though. I mean, a cabin in the woods? We might as well have just stayed the night in the Forest Temple."

Back
Top Bottom