• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ATEE: Partners in Crime *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

Re: ATEE: The Salmon Of Doubt *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

"Well, perhaps you could figure it out for yourself. Remember how the window was broken just next to where her corpse was? If there wasn't a murderer, why do you think the window was broken?"

"Simple answer: gravity."
"...Wait, what?" Megan was sure she spoke for all four of them.
"Your cabin was at the bottom of a hill, was it not? And what, pray, was at the top of said hill?"

"I don't know; I wasn't paying much attention to that," Jake said, rubbing the back of his head.

"Nothing!" Megan answered for him. "Just..." Her tone of voice fell, a very slight understanding of Harman's logic threatening to prevail. "Just...a main...road..."
"Exactly! Little Miss Codename-Porphyria, I think, was hit by a car."

"...Now that actually makes sense..." Travis mumbled. Internally, he added, ​Harman making sense? What?

"You see? All of a sudden, Harman the Nutjob doesn't seem quite so insane, now, does he?" Harman smiled. "She was hit by a car, rolled down the hill and smashed through the window of your cabin, where she died. Of course, her hair would most likely, because of its length, get wrapped around her neck as she rolled, but not enough to actually strangle her. She would have either died on impact, or from the inability to get herself to hospital once she landed, because of her injuries. And had she not died where she had, you three wouldn't have joined the case, and I wouldn't have solved it. Y'see? Fundamental interconnectedness of all things."

Megan's mouth hung limply open for a moment in awe before she caught herself.
"And as for Mrs. Glass Ceiling," he continued, "I don't think she fell, or was pushed, or anything like that. The trip to the upstairs bedroom kind of helped, but was a bit superfluous at that point."

"I'm just saying, isn't it a bit odd that there were no shards of glass inside her chalk outline? Doesn't that say something about which plane, out of Madame and the conservatory roof, was on top when the ceiling fell in?"

"So...wait...She was just chilling, then she fell over and the ceiling came down on top of her? That..." Even Theodore was impressed. "That's just unlikely..."
"There's no accounting for structural security," Harman reminded him. "Still, I could go on to explain the other deaths, but, by now, I think you can see how it's been working. So, may I redirect you to my previous statement: Solved it!"

"Well, that's that!" Jake smiled in his most feline matter. "Guess we should head back to our place now."

"Right you are. You kids enjoy your holiday. And thanks for your help with the case."
"Ahaha...Not so fast." A voice of dissent came from the office's door. "I have had enough of jou and jour antics, 'Arman."
"Lucian, darling! So nice of you to join us!" Harman immediately adopted that deliberately-overnice tone of voice he reserved for taunting the policeman. "I was just about to come and find you. What happened to your uniform? Or are you just going for the 'plain-clothed officer' look today?"

"I have been suspended from active service, thanks to jou." Zaragoza seemed more upset than usual. "They told me I needed my head checking out. Thanks to jou, they won't let me back on service until I see a psychiatrist about my apparent obsession with interrogating 'ouse'old furniture!"
"So you're not gonna be wearing that uniform again for a while, huh? Shame." Harman chuckled, knowing he was really pushing Zaragoza's buttons. "You looked so cute in it, too. I don't suppose I could have it?"
Zaragoza gave an indistinct shout of rage, and pulled out a standard-issue police pistol.
"I will give jou a ten-second 'eadstart. Ten...seconds...Now, if jou value jour sorry little life, jou will start running now."

Last edited:

Megan and Theodore didn't need telling twice. Harman was still trying to reason with him.
"Lucy, baby, can't we work something out here?"
"Dieð...nueve...ocho..."
"Aw, don't be like that."
"Siete...seis...ðinco..."
"Well, fine." Harman got up and started to leave with a lot less haste than was advisable.

Back
Top Bottom