• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ATEE: Partners in Crime *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

Re: ATEE: Work Your Magic *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

He smiled briefly.
"Not really. If I were anyone else, I'd probably plan on drinking myself half to death just to celebrate, but I'm not that sort of person."
"Shame. That's what I'll be doing when I turn 18," Jonah said. "I mean, come on. That's a whole year younger than the legal drinking age where I come from."

"Yeah. You don't want to be responsible for anything that you might be ashamed of on top of being ashamed of how your father behaved when he was our age, right?" Rex smiled to himself again. Cal's sensitivity about his father's frivolity could be, at times when it flared up, amusing.

Rex just laughed. He had no intention of mentioning any specific examples.
"Anyway," Gwyneth said, cutting into the conversation, in a slightly less aggressive mood than usual. "Your uncle wasn't too far behind us on the way here, and, apparently, he's got a particularly big present for you, from what we overheard."

"I can't imagine what it might be." He turned and started to head back into the living-room. "You know, this is going to sound really d*ckish, but I think Regina's been a lot more excited about today than me."

"Yeah. I'm not being ungrateful, or anything. You know what Regina can be like." He took a seat, inviting his teammates, and Gwyneth and Octavia to do the same. It sounded like Miles and Amelia had just arrived, now.

Presently, Miles and Amelia came into the room, followed by the two youngest of their children, and Rex's father. Christian was supposedly here too, but, rude though he knew it made him sound, Rex didn't much care whether he was present or not, and, as far as he knew, the feeling was probably mutual.

"Hi, Cal, and the rest of you, too," Amelia said. "And happy birthday, Rex."
"Here's your present from us," Miles added, offering Rex a relatively small package, wrapped in nondescript brown paper. "It doesn't look like much, but I made it myself, so you know it's going to be good-quality."
"Uh, thanks..." Rex took the present, refraining from opening it for a moment, as if waiting for some kind of ethereal say-so.

His mother came in and sat down by her husband then. Rex took all of that as a cue to unwrap what Miles had given him. It looked like some kind of gold-coloured canister, for want of a better word; as if it was a part of something bigger. His father recognised what it was immediately.
"That's a clever bit of engineering right there," he said, sidewaysedly congratulating his brother on creating it. "Just be careful when you turn it on. That thing can be dangerous."
Rex was puzzled by this warning, but heeded it anyways, standing up and turning the unidentified gadget on. Immediately, a purple blade of light, tinged with hints of prismatic colour at the edges, sprang out of what was apparently the hilt of this laser-sword.
"Rex, meet Undisclosed Desire. I'm sure I can trust you not to misuse it," Miles told him. "And, yes, I wasn't feeling all that inspired when I named it."

"Miles and I thought you'd appreciate one now you're an adult," his father said.
"Uh...yeah, thanks..." Rex wasn't sure what to say. He appreciated it, but couldn't find any words to express it.

"I...guess you're right." He turned it off again. "Thanks again."
Presently, there came a knock at the front door. This was highly unexpected; everyone who had been invited had been accounted for.

Back
Top Bottom