• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ATEE: Partners in Crime *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

Punch after punch; block after block-- or, at least, that was the plan. It wasn't easy when Mary was this relentless. Finally, Megan threw a hand up of her own, charging an electric spell and grabbing one of Mary's oncoming fists with the same hand.

Megan gritted her teeth, locking her hand in place, holding on to Mary's-- partly, she conceded, because the rush of electricity prevented her from relaxing her muscles in any way, but mostly-- or so she chose to believe-- to take the noble path of sacrificing her own comfort to deliver as much damage as she could.

Despite every fibre of her being screaming at her to stand and finish the job, Megan, too, was unable to move for lack of energy.
Of course. Of course it had to end this poetically. Well, whatever; as long as it is the end.

With her teeth as firmly gritted as ever, she forced herself to find the strength she needed to get up. Just one final blow, one coup-de-grace, that was all she needed; then she could rest all she wanted. Just...one good, solid hit, right..?

She drew a breath, and the first thing that came of it, in spite of herself, was just a sigh. This was it. Just...
She wound back, readying a punch.
Just...
She let it fly, aiming to break Mary's guard.
Just...
...end it.

The sky flashed red as she made contact, and as Mary fell, their surroundings darkened, until suddenly a circle of light shined down over them.
She let out a hollow laugh as she lied on the ground.
"Looks like fate... has favored you."

Megan held her ground, just breathing for a moment, then crouched beside her.
"Fate nothing. I was just fighting to protect what's mine." Despite herself, she gave a more sincere laugh-- not of schadenfreude, but of genuine emotion. "And you...You just lost your way, that's all. Gave your all for one last shot at life, no matter what the actual cost. And for that, at least..."
She offered Mary her hand.
"For that, I can forgive you."

Mary looked at it in some amount of surprise, then slowly took Megan's hand. As she did, their surroundings changed to a field of sunflowers under a starry sky.
"...Thank you. I suppose I could never beat you."

She watched the area as it transformed, heartened that this must be the right thing to do after all.
"You know...I didn't forget about you on purpose." One more look at the sky. "Apart from what I was shown during...this...I don't remember anything from that long ago. ...That's normal, isn't it?"

She contemplated addressing the question directly, given how obviously loaded it was.
"...We were both used. But that's over with now, right?"

"Don't worry about me. I'll be around, but my... 'friend'... still has my body. If you can find where he's keeping it, I could come back... And I look forward to that day."

"Where would that even be?-- And, actually..." She looked around hastily, as if that might provide answers for her. "...How much of what I saw was your doing? Like...Rex? Did you...'create' him?"

Back
Top Bottom