• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ATEE: Partners in Crime *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

"Some people have sea legs, some don't." The bear leaned back to call across the room, and with some authority to her tone, "Hassie! Get this one something for her seasickness!"

"Basic hospitality," she shrugged. "We're pirates, not monsters. ...Not to our allies, anyway, what few we have. And Captain Gates insists he wouldn't have it any other way." She half-pouted, and added, in a low mutter directed mostly at herself, "...and when he talks about which way he'll have things, there's no changing his mind..."

"...Ah, I shouldn't speak ill of the Captain. It's his...stubbornness that earned him his captaincy in the first place, and I respect that. We all do." She met Ellie's eyes and half-smiled sheepishly. "Sirens. He was the only one they couldn't even touch. He just wasn't interested in what they had to offer, so he saved the whole damn ship from total disaster."

"Well, yes." Qatif blinked. Apparently, she hadn't expected the question. "They sing deadly, hypnotic songs, promising luxury, riches, and even their own bodies as offerings, if only our ship would come just a little closer. It's a trap, of course. They make their homes on rocks that would dash even the worthiest vessel to pieces, and any crew that survive the wreck are torn apart by them personally."

Presently, Al-Hasa entered, carrying... was that a kettle?
"I assume the Captain wasn't affected because he's not interested in women in the first place..." he remarked.

"And you'd know all about that, wouldn't you, Hassie?~" Qatif offered a gentle punch to his free arm without even looking, and rose to her full height, then took a step back. "Anyway, this is entirely your department."

"Right." Sitting next to Ellie, he asked her, "Can you sit?"
"Ugh... I can try..." Placing a hand over her mouth, she slowly rose into a sitting position, then lowered her hand.
Producing a cup, he poured what smelled like some sort of medicinal tea, then offered it to her. "Here, this should help..."
Silently nodding, Ellie took the cup, and took a slow drink from it. The effect didn't seem to be instant, but she was feeling a little better; she no longer felt like she might throw up at any moment.

"So... you're the medic of this crew?" Ellie asked before taking another sip.
Al-Hasa shrugged. "Well, I'm the best at it, anyways, provided I have the proper supplies."

"And you're not half bad when you have to improvise, either." The bear nodded her approbation at her crewmate. "So, as long as you and your companions behave yourselves, you're in good hands."

Presently, across the room, Midnight started making his way back down the stairs, arms not quite committed to being folded, and wearing a pensive look.

"That...is impressive," he mused, "though I'm not entirely convinced the ingredients would be readily available to replicate it back home."
He shook his head with quick dismissiveness.
"...Anyway, Gates reckons we're not massively far away, now, but there's easily still time to rest up. His words, not mine."

"Is that so? Then I suppose we should take that opportunity while we can." Finishing off her drink, she returned the cup to Al-Hasa, who swiftly exited the room, then lied down to get some rest.

Midnight settled for joining Qatif at the table across the room, and, save for the surprisingly gentle rocking of the ship against the waves outside, all was still for a good while.

After what would profoundly feel like nowhere near enough time, despite copious evidence to the contrary, Gates flourished his way into the room.
"Look lively, my beauties! ...And my guests, I suppose. Land ho, and all that!~" He made some grand gesture with both arms. "Get yourselves equipped and get out there. There's treasure to be had!"

Back
Top Bottom