• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Atelier Arland Mafia - ENDGAME (Alchemists and Independent Win!) - 2/1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Atelier Arland Mafia - Night 1 (Aristocratic Failings) - 1/16

The votes were tied.

@Buoy; @Zima

If either one of you are a double voter, mind claiming out loud?
I'm definitely not a double-voter.

Joker-sarcastic-clap1.gif

Being it was a three way tie, it seems that there is a double voter or secret voter.

Possible Double Voters: Buoy and Zima

Possible secret voters: Everyone but me

@Fynx; Three way tie so that would have meant jokool and Zima somehow having less votes on them, which I doubt so most likely secret or double

Doesn't seem to me that Sputnik caused that, considering her behavior beforehand. And keeping in mind how her ability is supposedly commonly mafia... Although perhaps she could be a secret voter, like Midorikawa said?

Last edited:

A hidden voter is definitely a possibility. Basically anyone who voted her could be a choice right? Who does that leave..? Sputnik and... Buoy?

Doesn't seem to me that Sputnik caused that, considering her behavior beforehand. And keeping in mind how her ability is supposedly commonly mafia... Although perhaps she could be a secret voter, like Midorikawa said?
It's not that my ability is commonly mafia, it's that it's commonly CLAIMED by mafia.

Honestly, there is only one of those that I would be reluctant to claim, and that is the one I have. Those who know me probably know.

It's not that my ability is commonly mafia, it's that it's commonly CLAIMED by mafia.

1. Vanilla
2. Bomb
3. Commuter
4. Lynchproof
5. Bulletproof

Pick one.

Okay. I'm a commuter. I can leave twice in the game, and it has to be during the night.

@Zima; Why did you seem so eager to claim before when you had votes tied with two other people? Not to mention if the role is so scummy, you'd think you'd try to hide it rather than consistently soft-claim it.

To make you ask questions. :p

In all seriousness, I regret my move so much. I got everyone curious, so I felt the need to claim. Also, I was thinking about my role and how everyone would react to it.

In all seriousness, I regret my move so much. I got everyone curious, so I felt the need to claim. Also, I was thinking about my role and how everyone would react to it.

I got a feeling she hiding more then she is letting on. Let see if a noose around his neck loosens her lips. hehehe

Re: Atelier Arland Mafia - Day 1 (Onset of a Contest) - 1/15

This is gonna be one of those hyperactive games, won't it?

Wow you people world really fast.

we... world... rly fast????? wORLD??? what are u talking about

Wow my typing skills just went to crap when I wrote that. I meant "move" instead of "world".

No, I'm not a doublevoter, as far as I'm aware.

examining time: Phoenix Wright 2 - 08) Examination ~ Allegro 2002 - YouTube

All I can say to this is shit. ._.

Because the case you put against her was so brilliant.

Well, I wonder how that happened... I believe the votes were all tied, so I'm sure an ability worked into this...

Yeah, so normally you should start giving suggestions as to what happened.

Could be a public speaker or a hidden voter.

A public speaker? What's that? I haven't thought of a hidden voter.

@Zima; That is usually: commuter, vanilla, JOAT, miller. So which is it? Now I want to know.

Well aren't you just curious.

Okay. I'm a commuter. I can leave twice in the game, and it has to be during the night.

So you've outed your claim like that instead of saving it to maybe prevent a Nightkill from failing? Careless, but like you.

So we'd waste our time questioning them when you could just answer them.

You only would need to claim it if you had any decent reason to. People being curious isn't one. You could have gotten the reactions later.

Could be a public speaker or a hidden voter.

A public speaker? What's that? I haven't thought of a hidden voter.

Public Speaker = Double-Voter

Zima and Buoy were the only players voting for Akuraito, so if neither of them are a double-voter, we are dealing with some other role that targeted Akuraito directly (secret-voter, for instance). This distinction is important, since it means we can start looking for an explanation in the motivation for killing Akuraito specifically, rather than just looking at who was voting for her.

Akuraito was pushing hard for a lynch on Zima and had already stated her intention to policy lynch her (Post #142), meaning Akuraito would likely continue to push a lynch against Zima for the rest of the game until a better alternative presented itself. Thus, even if Zima isn't a doublevoter, the fact that the tie was overturned onto Akuraito directly benefitted Zima.

Now, I could WIFOM myself into saying that someone was trying to frame Zima, but she was already setting off several players' scumdars so... why?

@Zima the lynch overturning onto Akuraito directly benefitted you. I posit that either A.) you are not a Commuter, but instead a Double-Voter, or B.) someone else is a Secret Voter and pushed the lynch onto Akuraito to help you.

If A.) Why did you claim Commuter?

If B.) This does not necessarily mean you are scum-buddies. Did anyone communicate with you prior to the lynch?

I have another quibble:

Once I get lynched, things won't be looking too good for you. :3

So... lynching you will reflect poorly on those who advocated for said lynch? That doesn't make much sense, especially given:

I'm honestly surprised I got the role I did. It's often claimed by mafiosi, so I'm just going to hint at it. I'll get lynched after I say the name of it. XDD

You claim your role makes you suspicious. Two problems I have here:

1.) If your role makes you suspicious, then why would lynching you reflect poorly on those who do so?

2.) Why claim that your role makes you suspicious, rather than just claim the suspicious role? Either way, we become suspicious, but with the latter we at least learn what your role is - while the former only communicates to the Mafia that you have a power role without telling the Town anything useful.

UpdatePending_zps9b9dfd2b.png

Day2_zps2adcd7ce.png

The young Arls castle guard Lias Falken marched on past the various stands and tents set up for the contest. It was impressive to see so many people of differing personalities and interests all focused on one goal, but Lias knew that one person would be most impressive of all.

His older brother Rufus would bury the competition with his brains, brawn, and charisma.

As he made his way to the castle gate – distracted with thoughts of his brother’s impending glory – he ran right into a taller figure, both falling down on impact along with a box the other was holding.

“Oww, who the – “

“Lias, please, you must watch where you are going,” Rufus replied, in the matter-of-fact tone he so often used. “Can you imagine if I had been carrying something delicate when you did that?”

Of all people, Lias wished it hadn’t been his brother he’d knocked down. Hurriedly, he began reaching for the wrapped items that had escaped his brother’s box. However, Rufus quickly stopped him.

“No, I can get those myself,” he stated. Though he looked composed as usual, Lias noticed a… slight bit of panic in his voice. Just what is he trying to hide from me, he wandered.

Lias blinked as he watched his brother hastily gather his things and enter the castle, uttering a quiet, “O-kay…?”

The next morning, Lias walked to his brother’s planning room in the castle, to see why he wasn’t out and about with all of the other competitors. After a knock on the door, Rufus appeared, with what seemed to be pastry filling or icing on his mouth.

“I am quite sorry to inform you and the others, but… business with the country has gotten heavy, and I no longer have time to participate in this contest. It is with deep regret I bow out.” Hastily, the door was slammed shut.

As two girls came to the door and dropped off a box quickly (one of the girls being Arls’s princess back from the days as a kingdom), Lias began to put the pieces together. Looking in a box revealed a large order of baked goods and snacks.

Those alchemists… they’d bribed Rufus with the one thing he could never resist: sweets.

Rufus_0172x500_zps8e05e6c5.jpg

Rufus Falken

Appearances: Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland

Chief advisor to Lord Dessier, the king of Arls, you are a highly intelligent man who is also the older brother of Lias, whom worships you. With both mental and physical prowess, you are a source of advice for Meruru. Sweets are your guilty pleasure.

You are responsible for drawing up plans to aid Meruru in expanding her kingdom, as well as instrumental in bringing in new establishments and facilities to Arls. Additionally, it is you who is finally able to convince Lord Dessier to allow Meruru to face Volcano Incarnate.

Due to your high intelligence and knowledge of all goings-on, you are a cop. Every night phase, you can check the alignment of one player.

You are allied with Adventurers. You win when all the Alchemists are eliminated.

Good luck, and have fun!
Fynx was night-killed. She was Rufus Falken, allied with Adventurers.
It is now Day 2. This phase will end on January 18 at 10:00 PM EST. You may now vote.

1) @Momoka
2) @Zima
3) @Fushimi
4) @Midorikawa
6) @Dark Blueberry
7) @HumanDawn
8) @Buoy
9) @Saesee tiin
10) @Gotpika
11) @TheSleepyAbra
12) @Fynx
13) @Yata