• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Attack on Titan Mafia [Day 4: Horror Pop] [8/1]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Attack on Titan Mafia [Night 0: Role PMs are being sent out] [7/12]

@Mr. Fahrenheit; How is her vote any different than another player's joke vote? The only difference is no one can use it to tie the votes or mislynch. It's a joke vote which even I myself have once done as town with the same exact vote. So why are you making it into a big deal?

Re: Attack on Titan Mafia [Night 0: Role PMs are being sent out] [7/12]

Why? Because voting for the host or 'Mafia' is something I find to be dumb.

Yes, it is possible that joke votes cause mislynches but another possibility is that they lead to a lynched mafioso. Voting for the host or mafia leads to absoluytely nothing but a discussion of optimal day 1 play. I would say that if one is afraid of day 1 mislynches they should rather vote for no lynch. This is a mafia philosophy issue though.

I am not sure if I understood correctly what SA meant by "avoiding unfavorable discussion" but that sounds a little worrying. Discussion is something that usually shouldn't be avoided and almost everything enyone does in the game leads to discussion. If her purpose was to create discussion with her vote, I guess she managed to do that.

Re: Attack on Titan Mafia [Day 1: Obsessions] [7/19]

Can we not do this every single game. And yes I'm also talking to you Dark Kyriaki as well as those who like to generate discussion about it as well. Every single game it generates pointless discussions and it is frankly disruptive. Don't be so absurd as to say you're going to get modkilled for inactivity if you don't post the first thing in the thread like you do every single game. You don't need to do it, it isn't helpful and it just causes this every time.

Can this post please be the end to this discussion because I don't want it going on for pages and pages.

Vote: Harpy
It's obvious the difference between a joke vote and a disruptive one.

This vote does not imply I think you are mafia, we still have the rest of the day phase and I would like to generate discussion away from DK's (not a) vote.

Yes we want to vote for mafia

vote: mafia is not voting for mafia

let us not get sucked into eight pages of discussing how we want to go about playing this game without actually playing this game

Let's please not get into this again.

Why are you speaking on DK's behalf?

I'm not a fan of joke votes and I'd actually be voting Dark Kyriaki right now, but since Harpy's already got a few votes on her and she was siding with DK it's the next best thing.

I agree too that Harpy's way of speaking on behalf of Dark Kyriak iis a bit odd. However, I would like to hear her defence before making my final decision of who to vote for. A little bit more activity of others wouldn't necessarily hurt either.

I don't feel like there's much more to add. DK joke voted, someone complained, someone defended her. Seems more or less typical.

Can we not do this every single game. And yes I'm also talking to you Dark Kyriaki as well as those who like to generate discussion about it as well. Every single game it generates pointless discussions and it is frankly disruptive. Don't be so absurd as to say you're going to get modkilled for inactivity if you don't post the first thing in the thread like you do every single game. You don't need to do it, it isn't helpful and it just causes this every time.

Can this post please be the end to this discussion because I don't want it going on for pages and pages.

It's obvious the difference between a joke vote and a disruptive one.

This vote does not imply I think you are mafia, we still have the rest of the day phase and I would like to generate discussion away from DK's (not a) vote.

Which is exactly what I was trying to do because that was exactly where it was headed.

Let's please not get into this again.

Why are you speaking on DK's behalf?

1) Discussion
2) To prevent a giant debate on joke votes.

I'm not a fan of joke votes and I'd actually be voting Dark Kyriaki right now, but since Harpy's already got a few votes on her and she was siding with DK it's the next best thing.

You're voting me because I have votes? You should vote for your top suspect especially if no offense but you're a more inactive player. Also others have votes as well. In other words you're jumping on a bandwagon.

I agree too that Harpy's way of speaking on behalf of Dark Kyriak iis a bit odd. However, I would like to hear her defence before making my final decision of who to vote for. A little bit more activity of others wouldn't necessarily hurt either.

As I said above for discussion and before it turned into a giant debate. On day one I look for entries for discussion out of the random voting stage. I saw an opportunity and took it. I never defended DK though, just stated the obvious because I've played a lot of games with her and know how she is regardless of alignment.

@People voting me: I have work at 11-7 ESTtoday and all of you voted me after that time. I won't be home till about the update time so in other words I most likely won't be able to discuss with any of you since I'll be busy all day. I stated my defense above and thats it. Its simple and being made too much of. What I did happens all the time in mafias and yet most of the time it doesn't mean anything unless one of the players turn up mafia. So in other words the case on me stating I'm defending DK when I was stating facts and not sitting on my hands during the joke voting phase makes no sense to me.

Anyways VOTE: Terezi Pyrope not OMGUS. She gave no reason for voting a legit vote other than me having votes and that just seems like jumping on a bandwagon which on day one is more beneficial to mafia than town since all the PRs are still in the game.

@Nytie; What do you mean by typical?

oh god this is already turning into a stupid meta discussion (◡‿◡✿)

Dark Kyriaki's voting of the host, a faction, or any other thing that isn't a player is of course a rather irritating thing that should be discouraged as it is difficult to adequately respond to and really adds nothing to the game. It's essentially a pointless post. Don't do it. Please.

But I think everyone has recognized, regardless of whether or not she plans to change it any time soon, it's something that she does consistently and so can't be interpreted as a tell one way or the other. A defense of "I've used it before so it's okay" isn't acceptable. In fact, no defense is acceptable. A vote that holds no meaning doesn't deserve analysis. People do have a right to call it out, of course, as it is disruptive and ultimately accomplishes nothing, although the extent to which it has altered conversation is regrettable (and exactly the reason why it shouldn't be done in the first place). To attempt to justify it is worthy of suspicion, to attempt to use it as a starting block for meaningful discussion is equally foolish.

Unvote: Froakie ilu

i am just
sick of starting every single mafia game debating the merits of pointless votes

@jda95; What is your reason for voting me?

EDIT: Since I have to get to work and won't be able to get on before the update I might as well just claim in an attempt to save myself. I'm a 2x time commuter. Any night action used on me will fail and I cannot use it twice in a row.

And I know I claimed commuter and 2x but hopefully giving the details will prove I'm not lying despite how odd the claim seems.

Last edited:

Well that took a turn while I was asleep ._.
@Harpy; I mean typical for all the reasons everyone above has posted. Every game I've joined since I got active again has started this way, and I really had nothing extra to add at that point.

Not sure what to think of Harpy's claim. Making such a specific claim early on is dangerous, but she is being targeted by the bandwagon so... :/
Unless anyone can offer a counterclaim though, I wouldn't discount it.

Terezi Pyrope said:
But is a joke vote inherently scummy? I understand that people want votes that are actually for players in the game as those are more useful, but what is it about her solely joke voting that would be worth a vote, when she has shown that behavior as town quite frequently, meaning that it isn't really a scumtell for Kyriaki? If anything, it seems pretty null.

Are you saying that - by voting Harpy - you think they could be scumbuddies, then?

I think it's possible that they're scumbuddies, though it's too early to tell just yet. But yeah I do think it's a possibility.

Anyway, the reason I voted Harpy wasn't so I could jump on a bandwagon, but rather because I found her quick defense of Dark Kyriaki to be suspicious especially because it was a joke vote. Like I said DK was my first choice to vote for but voting for her at this point would be useless since all the votes are on Harpy, and since I found Harpy's defense of DK to be suspicious anyway I just went with that.

2x commuter is a really easy claim for mafia to make, so I'm finding that a tad strange. Also, checking the rules... no screenshots are permitted making a role like that very easy to fake since no one could prove anything about it. Midori also, to me, seems to have claimed far too easily and swiftly? I find that a bit strange.

The majority of votes is on her anyway, but;
VOTE: Harpy.

Voting locked. Update pending.

Note how no one responded to me despite the fact that several should have been on at the time. Also Terezi only said her supposed reason of voting me for "defending" DK only after FA started pressuring her as well. Also Momoka jumping on the bandwagon and hour before update.

Also Momoka jumping on the bandwagon and hour before update.
I didn't want to go through the phase having posted nothing. 2x commuter is highly suspicious to me. It's an easy claim, especially since there is a rule that no screenshots are allowed. I wanted to show activity, at the very least.

1. @Momoka;
2. @Zenax;
3. @Terezi Pyrope;
4. @Froakie;
5. @Parma;
6. @jda95;
7. @Dark Kyriaki;
8. @Harpy;
9. @Neonsands;
10. @Nytie;
11. @Hitomi;
12. @FinalArcadia;
13. @Mr. Fahrenheit;
14. @Synthesis;

Sweat dripped down the boy's face as dozens of eyes drilled through him, fear and distrust shining in their hostile gazes. Many of them were grimacing, and they seemed ready to step backwards in an instant if he showed any sign of attacking. Not that he would, of course. He seemed like the only one convinced of his innocence.

"W-what the hell?" the young man asked, his voice cracking as he stumbled backwards in fear and confusion. "Why are you all ganging up on me? I told you, I'm not a Titan!"

"There's no way to prove that," someone growled from the back of the room.

"We have no choice but to kill you!" another voice called out.

The boy tried to run, pushing at the wooden door in a dazed panic, but it wouldn't budge. Some of the people started to step forward, getting their weapons ready to attack, pulling blades out of their holsters. He gritted his teeth as many metal blades were flung at him, and there was a sickening crunch as they sliced through him. This is the end, he managed to think as he began to fade to nothingness.

Harpy,

454px-Jean_Anime.png

You are Jean!

You start off as a somewhat arrogant boy, admitting that you only want to be a Trainee so you can live a safe life with the Military Police. You get into a few fights with Eren, but eventually you learn to work together. You are highly skilled with the 3D Maneuver Gear, but your blunt personality often causes friction with your teammates. You are the 2x commuter - twice during the game, during the Night Phase, you can message Catspring "Leave: Night X" and any night action used on you will fail. You cannot use this twice in a row.

You are sided with Humanity. You win when the Titans are eliminated.

Harpy was lynched. She was sided with Humanity.

It is now Night 1.

This phase will end at 8:00 PM EST on 7/22.
Please submit any night actions you wish to perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom