• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Attack Order, Defend Order and Heal Order discussion.

You174

Reaction score
I think one change we could make is making Attack Order, Defend Order and Heal Order more accessible to more Pokemon.

I mean U-turn is the only widespread bug move we have so I think we can make some changes.

First make Attack Order a special move, Vespiquen's physical and special are equal anyway so she wouldn’t care and I mean why can’t Attack Order be special it doesn’t really look physical.

Second since we know that Pokemon moves can change based on the Pokemon, example, Darkrai can use Dark Void but when Smeargle uses it, it says it cannot be used. I think something similar should happen, make it so the description of Attack Order, Defend Order and Heal Order are different if used by any other Pokemon that isn’t Vespiquen, example. Attack Order, the user teleports a swarm of angry bees on the opponent. Critical hits land more easily.

As for who gets these moves? Well for Attack Order pretty much all Pokemon that know Teleport like Alakazam, Gardevoir and Beheeyem to name a few, of course Abra and Cosmog should be the exception.

As for Defend Order and Heal Order Pokemon that can mind control, I mean come on Pokemon, you say in the dex that a few Pokemon can mind control but the closest thing we have is Instruct.

So I think Pokemon like Gothitelle or Malamar should be able to use Defend and Heal Order using their mind control.

Third make them TR moves, simple.

As for why I want this change? Simple, psychic type Pokemon really only have Focus miss for dark coverage and out of all the bug moves I think these ones would be best.

Also side note Orbeetle is the only bug type that should get these moves and the funny thing is that Orbeetle should not get attack order because it cannot teleport which means Vespiquen is the only one with STAB fitting I suppose.

What even are the bees from the Order moves? Are they smol mini Combees? Actual bees?

i was always under the impression that thematically the Order moves make more sense to be exclusive to Vespiquen for obvious reasons. i do understand the reasoning on making it accessible to more pokemon, but i'll admit it'd be a bit odd if any other bug type with the possible exception of beedrill (that comes to mind, at least), were to use it.

i was always under the impression that thematically the Order moves make more sense to be exclusive to Vespiquen for obvious reasons. i do understand the reasoning on making it accessible to more pokemon, but i'll admit it'd be a bit odd if any other bug type with the possible exception of beedrill (that comes to mind, at least), were to use it.
Yeah I agree based on the nature of the moves involving bees exclusively.

On another note, to this day I have no idea why they took away Heal Order from Vespiquen in SwSh when it doesn’t have any other healing moves that would render it redundant. It’s not like its defensive stats would have made the move OP given the amount of weaknesses the Bug/Flying type combination has.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom