• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

August summaries

Gary's Back Mofos! (New Summaries)

A translation of a new summary scan by Sushi...

Oh, it was already found, cool!

Mismagius! Escape from the Nightmare!

Script: Shouji Yonemura
Animation: Kazue Kinoshita

Just some information on the "dreams" that the group will have: Brock runs into Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny, they witness a colosseum battle with Rayquaza and Groudon, and Ash and Dawn are invited to a tourney that determines the number one Trainer/Coordinator.

Save the Stray Hippopotas!

Script: Yukiyoshi Oohashi
Animation: Natsume Kunihiko

The group finds a Hippopotas on top of a high cliff and help it to come down. But suddenly a TV crew appears, telling them that they are filming for a documentary on Hippopotas' behavior, and that they were observing the stray Hppopotas.

Hunter J Again! Protect the Shieldon!

Script: Shinzo Fujita
Animation: Izumi Shimura

The group finds a rare Pokémon, Shieldon, at the roots of a mountain. But then a group of Pokémon Hunters appear with a huge carriage, trying to capture the Shieldon. Ash and Co. try to help by fighting the hunters, but end up getting themselves
into trouble. Suddenly an Electivire comes to save the group, which belongs to none other than Ash's rival, Gary.

I don't know if somebody had already posted it when the information was first mentioned on PokéAni a few days ago, but the 6th of September will have no new episode.

Okay, first...

The Mismagius episode sounds cooler every new summary. It sounds like one of those very creative episodes like Adress Unown.

For the Hippopotas ep, I hope it's the Sinnoh News Crew! Sadly, it sounds less like a capture episode and more like a funny filler...I want Hippo!!!

Then again, it'd be nice if they set up a capture episode differently...and dude, if Hippopotas gets a big head and thinks its a star that'd be a crazy addition to the team (a Primadonna Pokemon that's a friggin Hippo is just...lol)

And finally, OMIGOD SCOTT WAS WRONG AGAIN! Gary came back...:p

And another break, luckily we get four episodes straight until then.

Last edited:
I posted a topic (Called Gary's Back Mofos (New Summaries) ) just a minute ago with full translations.

Gary!

Its about ****ing time, I thought they forgot about him since they didn't talk about him since the last AG ep.

EDIT: Hm, he's in the Pokehunter J episode? They're really going all-out with that one, I see.

Too bad it doesn't look like a two-parter...

Speaking of that, I'm currently suspecting they'll give Ash Hippopotas or Shieldon...

As for animators, Kinoshita got the Mismagius one...that deserved good animation but we got the worse. Oh well, Kinoshita has been improving imo.

The Hippopotas one is done by the guy who did the Vespiquen episode, who was new, but had a nice style when it came to backgrounds...

J is done by Shimura (for some reason at first I mixed that up with Iwane, the awesome one) who has decent animation, such as the recent Zoey episode.

Last edited:
Gary!

Its about ****ing time, I thought they forgot about him since they didn't talk about him since the last AG ep.
The writers have better memories than you give them credit for. :p They wouldn't have sent him to Sinnoh without a reason, especially as he seemed happy on his island.

So the question is, will Gary be a recurring character? A J episode seems an odd time for an only appearance. I can easily see him being a wandering researcher for Professor Rowan and there's plenty to discover in Sinnoh. The whole scenario around the lakes for one thing.

EDIT: I wonder if that mountain is Mt. Coronet...

Dude Fabuvinny, my topic title ruled...you had to keep the dull one. :(

Oh well.

I knew the writers didn't forget Gary, I'm just surprised he's reappeared so soon.

Too bad it doesn't look like a two-parter...

Speaking of that, I'm currently suspecting they'll give Ash Hippopotas or Shieldon...

I don't think. If Gary is in, the most probably is he was making some researches about shieldon when J appears, and Ash and co. casually. About the hippo one, could be only a baby hippo searching mommy hippo (VERY possible).

Maybe.

Still, I've always wanted to observe a Pokemon Documentry.

Yay, Gary! ^_^

We need a Gary VS Paul battle. Old rival versus new rival.

Kinoshita? Working on the Mismaguis episode?

wonderful,..just wonderful... let´s hope Nozomi´s Misdreavus evolves and shows up in a episode, done by someone better in the future...

But, Kinoshita bacame a little better over the run of DP, but he´s still...kinoshita..

Looking forward to the Hippo-episodes. I just love this little guy...and please let the TV-crew be our favourite Shinnou-crew. Natsume Kunihiko needed another episode anyway.

The J-episode sounds good enough just because of J andd Shigeru appearing.

Iwane should have done the Mismagius episode though... ;_;

I don't know what's best in this thread: Gary returning with J in the same episode, Hippopotas documentary, or duquE's awesome Anabel avatar (fanboy mode)

GARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARY
GARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARYGARY

!!

*fanboygasm*

Wow... these three episodes sound like they'll be fucking fantastic. Worth the week break wait imo... But...

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom