• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destructive Idiot

It is I: ME!
Reaction score
Within an unknown world, at some given moment, life suffers. Whether the world be a lost presence found somehow through immeasurable time, or a distant realm discovered someday across immense space, we cannot know. Clues hint that it belongs to a faraway galaxy in another age, yet the galaxy, albeit different as perceived during the night sky, with different worlds and different stars, has a history that has turned out quite similarly to our own; regardlessly, the living entities who reside therein have met an age of misery.

This world, called Ges by those who dwell upon it, has a history remarkably similar to ours, but one which differs from ours considerably in several aspects, the least of which are that biodiversity is slightly greater, and mechanical technological innovation far more expansive.

Throughout this world's history, the nature of people has been recorded in myth, which, as of late, has been discarded in favor of common knowledge and science gleaned by inference. There existed ancient rumors of a primordial entity called the Crafter, who, naturally, was the creator of everything, and of its children, called the gods. There existed books and stories handed down across generations relating the stories to the nations. The gods were deemed precious overlords by each nation in prehistory; each doubtlessly had their patrons. No one understands entirely how the written age concluded, but what is known of all the interconnected manuscripts is that they all end similarly: with all the gods' violent deaths at the hands of each other and the primal god's departure from this earth.

Yet, before the protobiont left, it delivered unto all the mortal beings a gift called the Aur. With the Aur, people could see and understand for themselves the difference between what was right and wrong; certain people witnessed and touched the natures of other people, some became strong enough to twist fibers of the metaphysic, and souls manifested within the lives of every conscious person.

But their souls grew wicked...

Thus the world led itself into the modern era, wherein the sight of Aur held in records of eons past has become, to understate excessively, rare.

The tyrannous overlord known by all who abide upon the planet as Dyeus Kaisar rules from the Northern Continent with a figurative iron scepter.

From the Southern Ocean, criminal kingpins dreaded by all who know of them scheme, planning the downfall of southern civilization, each with a rampant pirate armada.

The Garden Isle is the point at which our story is set, encompassed by Pontos, the World Sea.

The primeval king of the Garden Isle, known to its inhabitants as Gan, protects the tree of life; he has chosen to reside there for countless generations without the knowledge of the outer world. The dominion established under him is simple; a polity governed in absolute peace. The subjects of the island have lived without experiencing violence for centuries, if not millennia. No one knows the identity of the king, nor that of his consort. Lately, certain ambitious and mysterious figures have set their eyes on the Isle.

But, doubtlessly, there's no way in hell the greed innate within the nature of living entities will leave all the souls of Garden Isle untainted completely.

In the 12th year of the New Imperial Calendar, our story begins.

World Description:

Language:

Their language is, in every means, incomprehensible to our world's human species, but will nonetheless be translated through analogy as needed as if it was English. The predominant language of the planet is called Common Prose (or, more simply, Prose). Speech in other languages should be indicated by italics. If there's any confusion in regards for whom the language excludes, anyone who doesn't fully understand the functionality of the language being spoken should ask for an explanation in the out-of-character discussion thread. A although standard things belonging to the world (including units of measure, names and analogies, and scales and constants and equations and methods used within their scope of science that are named after people) are not comparable to our own, the people belonging to the world do use base 10 as their standard number system for mathematics, and any system or object for which the analogue couldn't possibly be known (for example, Pythagorean theorem, Bekenstein-Hawking formula, Cartesian coordinates, Pascals, centimeters, Hawking radiation, the Newtonian (or kinematic) equations, Bernoulli's principle, L'Hôpital's rule, Celsius, voltage, and joules) should be written or spoken in accordance with what names we already have. Additionally, each day of the planet is measured in 24 total hours, akin to our own.

Geographic/Historical Description:

Northern Continent - the continent to the north of every other formation of land; inhabited by the Nords, the continent is ruled by the ruthless New Nordic Empire from their governing body in Gottheim, but, as of late, an insurrection has been set in motion in the Continent's more distant northwest corner by the Brythons of the New Republic of Albion.

Eastern Continent - by far the largest continent; its inhabitants are diverse, as are their cultures (there's a mountain range in the center of it separating the people in the Qayin Empire of the Far East from the West, and, beyond that, the Empire of Wakoku (both governed by a Royal Family, although Wakoku's rulers are generally more docile than the imperialistic governors of Qayin, who currently support the idea that their Empire operate under a policy of mercantilism), as well as a plateau descending into a settlement in the South called the Sindui Republic; to the North is a rather frigid country known as the Republic of Auj, and to the West are a number of belligerent countries that constantly struggle to arrange new borders and engage in war incessantly, the three most prominent of which are, from north to south, the once-great kingdoms of Iounos and Urakos, which are adjacent to Auj, separated from it by the northwest border of Iounos and by the North Sea, which the countries share on their borders, and a collection of independent settlements caught between them and Auj to the east known altogether as Sur, and, lastly, south of them, the remarkably larger, albeit more tranquil, Republic of Parsion, which shares the West, South, and East Seas on its borders with Urakos, a country in the Southern Continent to the southwest called Mishrei, and Sindui, respectively, and has lately taken an interest in annexing Sur).

Southern Continent - the most notable country of the Southern Continent belongs to the north and is known as the Kingdom of Mishrei (the country itself has no definitive borders or limits, but is defined by the people of the Southern Continent who claim to support it and comply with the laws established by the Mishrei Parliament); it shares the South Sea of the Eastern Continent with Parsion and the West Sea; the country also engages in trade with Sindui across the East Sea.

Western Continent - the most mysterious and confined of all the continents; no one knows anything about the lost civilizations belonging to the Western Continent and their oft-bellicose inhabitants save for those who have actually been there and returned alive (by land, it's separated from the Northern and Southern Continents by the Northern and Southern Straits).

Pontos - the World Sea; think of every landmass within it (every isle that lies upon the world of Ges) as belonging to an improbable (or outright fictitious) Midgard; it engulfs well over three fourths of the planet and is separated into the Northern Ocean (surrounding the Northern Continent, defined by the thinnest point of the Northern Strait), the pirate-ridden Southern Ocean (surrounding the Southern Continent, defined by the narrowest border of the Southern Strait), the Lost Sea (in the center of the continents, flowing into the West Sea of the 3 continents to the East, encompassing, amongst others, the mystic Garden Isle), the seas of each continent, and, lastly, the Great Ocean of the Unknown Hemisphere; spanning well over three quarters of the world's surface, no individual on the planet fully knows what lost relics or forms of life it may hold.

Lost Archipelago - any number of unknown islands located on the opposite hemisphere of the world; they may have unusual customs and histories that outsiders would find interesting, they may be inhabited by a culture of predators and inhuman lifeforms, or they may not contain any living entities whatsoever.

Gan - the home of a civilization that has never experienced suffering; an island consisting of an expansive plain marked by a collection of streams that converge into a single river flowing through its capital and drain from every corner of the Isle (it's situated precisely between all four continents).

Character Template:

Name: (Any name with some use in the concurrent era of the world, or historically, or mythologically, or other name with a basis thereof.)
Age: (Anything realistic for a human; I'd advise having characters between 13 and 70, and up to 180 at the highest extreme, although some individuals of different species that are akin to and practically the same as real-life mythical humanoid creatures may be able to live nigh-indefinitely.)
Birthplace: (Which nationality they belong to; type "Not Applicable" if they're somehow not from any country at all.)
Ability: (Optional; use only one, and explain limitations to it, as well as how they manipulate the Aur to use it, such as reading minds or channeling fire, and, furthermore, expect normal humans to generally be capable of having greater strength with the Aur than, for the sake of example, a vampire or other mythical species.)
Personality: (At least 4 sentences; describe how they feel about people.)
Appearance: (At least 4 sentences; it should not be inclusive of equipment.)
History: (At least 6 sentences; explain how they ended up on the Garden Isle.)
Equipment: (Anything of any use that isn't considered clothing.)
Theme: (Optional.)

Accepted: lovandra (Vivianne Lake); Tye Taylors (Steele Auso)

Reserved: Flaze; Mitsune Haku (Mercutio Rosenstern IV); Morgan Freeman; UltimateMaximus

The thread is now closed to sign ups, unless you already have a reservation; additionally, if there isn't a new sign up within the next week, I'll end the RP before it begins (conversely, I plan to begin the RP within a day if there is one).

Last edited:
Re: Aur (Mature Fantasy RP)

Reserve me a spot. My character will be Mercutio Rosenstern IV, bard, womanizer, magician, swordsman. A jerk of all trades.

Also what's the tech level?

Last edited:

Reserve me a spot. My character will be Mercutio Rosenstern IV, bard, womanizer, magician, swordsman. A jerk of all trades.

Also what's the tech level?

Experimental in regards for hadron-based equipment, and facilities exist for studying fermions; things such as cloning are (infrequently) practiced, and no pragmatic use exists for cryogenics and the likes, but technology reliant upon nuclear fission is commonplace, and satellites are used for a variety of purposes much like in real life, although people haven't cared so much for space exploration on the planet, such as traveling to the moon or visiting other planets within the system, as we historically have.

Is there any different with the climate on the continents?

I have generel idea about north. Will be cold over season with longer night/day maybe. But how about other continent? All have seasonal system? Or there is a tropical continent with Tropical climate?
Also, plan to make the map?? I can try to scribble them if you want..

Also, I reserve a spot. This RP is over my english level but I think I can play younger character that have lower language level, if you don't mind. *cause I desperate to join an RP :(*

Name: Vivianne Lake (kinda like The Lady of the Lake)

Can my dude become a king?

With sufficient reason (which you may want to explain in the character's history); moreover, there may be little reason for a king to travel to another country, unless your intent is for your character to obtain that kind of authority later on.

Is there any difference with the climate on the continents?

I have general idea about the north. It will be cold over each season with longer nights/days, maybe. But how about other continents? Do they all have seasonal systems? Or there is a tropical continent with a tropical climate?
Also, do you plan to make the map? I can try to scribble them if you want.

Also, I would like to reserve a spot. This RP is over my English level, but I think I can play as younger characters that have lower language levels, if you don't mind. *because I'm desperate to join an RP :(*

Name: Vivianne Lake (kinda like The Lady of the Lake)

It's no trouble at all; the fact that you try is enough. Also, there are some differences between each of the continents' climates. The countries to the north will gradually get colder, and the countries to the south get very hot up to a certain point, past which they become temperate and have more tropical geographies.

Can I reserve a spot? and on that note it would probably be easier to read the information on how the world works and all if the paragraphs were spaced more xD

Of course you may, and I'll implement your advice by adjusting the description accordingly.

Name: Vivianne Lake

Age: 15 years old, but her appearance more like 10 years old girl

Birthplace: Eastern Oceans

Ability:
Her ability is called Resonance, but the music that cause it, is called Aria. In old literature, the power was also named Arietta's Song.

Vivianne is mute. But she can control Aur when she play her flute to affect people who able to hear her music. Usually her music just reflect the listener’s own feeling/moral/intention to her. If a pure hearts listening her music, they will positively impact like be calm/happy/brave/healed, etc, depend on the situation or Vivianne’s intention. If someone evil hear her music, they will feel annoyed and be temperament, even hurt. But that can be reverse, depend on Vivianne’s feeling/moral/intention. But play the music with specific intention, will make her tired easily.

Effect of her Aria:
Unconsciously:
Aria; Vivianne's own feeling
Happy Melody; Happy Mood -> Make people happy, calm, viable; people who have bad intention to her will feel guilty
Sad/Slow Melody; Happy/Neutral Mood-> Make people calm and sleepy
Angry/High Beat/Fast Melody; Happy/Neutral Mood -> Make people viable and spirited, both soul and their body; people who have bad intention to her will viable and spirited too, they want to work hard and move fast but their body also get the impact.

Happy Melody; Sad Mood -> Make people sleepy
Sad/Slow Melody; Sad Mood -> Boost awareness to people around them (+); building emphaty to enemy (-)
Angry/High Beat/Fast Melody; Sad Mood -> Boost ability *physical ability to people without special ability*, but can't heal (+); bring negative mind/hallucination and can cause insanity if the intensity of the beat or the sad mood is high.

Conscious/ when Angry *she will extra tired after use her ability in this condition*:
Happy Melody: Heal effect (+); Hurt Effect (-)
Sad/Slow Melody: Awareness (+); Sleepy (-)
Angry/High Beat/Fast Melody: Boost ability *physical ability to people without special ability* and can heal (+); bring negative mind/hallucination that possibly cause insanity

Personality: She is quiet, well, she’s actually mute. But generally a cheerful and kind person. She is aware that she is different than other kids, that’s why she try her best to not be on anyone’s way. She care a lot to her younger friends and take care of them whenever the parents work on sea or field. But since she is short, she looks like one of the kids herself instead of the responsible ‘onee-chan’.
She love her village and people on it so much. She usually a kind and warm person, and hate any form of violence. The only thing that can motivate her is if her village was threatened.

Appearance: 145 cm, 30 kg, short/medium green wavy hair, blue sparkling eyes. Both on natural color.

History: She was found when she was baby, brought by wave to the isle. She wasn’t cry and instead, peacefully sleeping even though the storm was raging. The fisherman that found her though that she was Sea God’s child that was trusted to him and his wife, who childless. She was raised with love from her foster parent and the villagers.

She have flute that was mysteriously given to her. When she was asleep one day, laid down with the other kids on a small hut after have played all day. Someone slipped the flute to her hand, the flute with her name gilded on it. She’s not a special, cause children on the isle often got present this way. People believe that is come from their king.

Her true origin: Her mother was a slave, lived on Eastern Oceans. She was raped and pregnant. On the day she gave birth Vivianne, she simply subjecting her to the ocean. A mysterious figure with Aur that can control water, saw her action and was the one who make sure that she safely land to the Isle.
Her wavy green hair is mark that she is from Laut Tribe, that a common tribe for slaves on Eastern Oceans.

She and people around her have general idea how her 'music' affect people around her. But they are not suspicion about her full potential.

I think I'm done, but still open for suggestions and inputs.

Last edited:

I'd like to reserve a boy who has superhuman speed, if it's allowed.

Age: 15 years old, but her appearance is more like 10 year old girl's.

Birthplace: Not Applicable

Ability: She can control feelings though her music. Vivianne is mute. But she can control Aur when she plays her flute to affect people who able to hear her music. Usually her music just reflects the listener’s own morals/intention to her. If a pure hearts listening her music, they will be positively impacted, like being calm/happy/brave/healed, etc., depending on the situation or Vivianne’s intention. If someone evil hear her music, they will feel annoyed and be temperamental, even hurt. But that can be reverse, depend on Vivianne’s moral/intention. But play the music with specific intention, will make her tired easily.

Personality: She is quiet (well, she’s actually mute). But generally a cheerful and kind person. She is aware that she is different from other kids; that’s why she tries her best to not be in anyone’s way. She care a lot to her younger friends and take care of them whenever the parents work on sea or field. But since she is short, she looks like one of the kids herself instead of the responsible ‘onee-chan’.

Appearance: 145 cm, 30 kg, short/medium green wavy hair, blue sparkling eyes.

History: She was found when she was baby, brought by wave to the isle. She wasn’t cry and instead, peacefully sleeping even though the storm was raging. The fisherman that found her thought that she was Sea God’s child that was trusted to him and his wife, who were childless. She was raised with love from her foster parents and the villagers.

Equipment: Flute, the flute was mysteriously given to her. When she was asleep one day, she laid down with the other kids in a small hut after having played all day. Someone slipped the flute into her hand, the flute with her name gilded on it. She’s not any special for it, because children on the isle often got presents this way. People believe that it comes from their king.

Just the general idea. It will be fixed later to add some details.

It's alright so far; not excellent, but ok. I was going to argue that she's way too small until I realized that she appears to be only 10. Her hair color is unlikely, so I would guess it isn't the natural coloration unless you claim it to be. You might want to give her ability a name, such as Sensation, Harmony, or Resonation. I assume no one she knows has known about the existence of the Aur for certain partly because she can't speak. You should include how she received the flute as part of her history, because the equipment part should only describe what she has. Something else that might help you is to understand that "often" is already an adverb; it's an unusual adverb that doesn't have the suffix -ly or a corresponding adjective. I also forgot to mention earlier that I don't have a map yet.

I'd like to reserve a boy who has superhuman speed, if it's allowed.

Reserved.

As for my first character, I've decided to make a kind of hero antagonist to characters who prefer having a chaotic alignment (or a lawful alignment with another definition of the law as a result of belonging to some other nationality):

Name: Johannes "Jack" Geist
Birthplace: New Nordic Empire
Ability: Firestorm: He can channel his emotions into heat, although, by doing so, it becomes difficult to be as attentive as he would otherwise be; he doesn't see as clearly as he would be able to if he didn't, and he might even lose consciousness entirely (conversely, if he doesn't use this ability, he can also see how people think more clearly).
Personality: He's an ardent supporter of the New Nordic Empire, and holds a sincere belief that the system it's trying to establish over the world can and should be used to accomplish good things. He's not so naïve as to expect or believe that the people in charge of it are imposing it for the sake of everyone's well-being, but his thoughts are based upon the notion that people should comply with the laws it establishes, no matter what action that denotes. His understanding of the way the world functions and how it should operate is based upon the idea that acting through illegal methods (committing crime) will, at some point, result in injustice. He doesn't want any injustice to ever befall anyone again, and he believes that, although the way the law works still permits wrongdoing to occur, it shouldn't, although the only way he should try to change it is by complying with it (to change a governing system from the inside).
Appearance: He stands at 180 cm and weighs 72 kg, with a well-built (although unused) physique. He has green eyes and blond hair. His clothes consist of black dress shoes, a grey collared shirt, and a pair of khakis. He has well-trimmed hair without any style that he prefers to keep from growing past his forehead, and a beard that he shaves each month. His skin is tan, and he has a red cotton jacket for cold weather.
History: He was born and raised in the settlement of Gottheim. Although his father was the youngest brother of Dyeus Kaisar, the current king, in the urban megalopolis, it was easy to remain unnoticed, and the Empire hadn't even been established at that time. His father was a patrician of Gottheim and a farmer, although his eldest uncle had always had a greater predisposition towards political affairs. His parents raised him throughout his life to understand that people who are capable of doing so take advantage of the people whom they can take advantage of for the sake of themselves, and, furthermore, that they should. He hated his parents, in spite of the fact that he had to rely on them; the fact that his father always displayed a complete disregard for his well-being convinced him that it would be fair to hate him, and that there's a difference between the way things are and the way things should be. While he was 14, the Consul of the Nordic Republic died, and countless people made their bids for authority, if not regality, of whom his father was one. His uncle was aware of this, and took the opportunity to have his father killed by giving him a silenced handgun that had been designed uniquely as a birthday gift. He murdered his parents that night. He shot his cowardly father about a dozen times, several times in in the torso and in both eyes, before slitting his throat with a knife and carving up into his face as he screamed for his life. His parents slept separately, but he killed his mother anyways so as to prevent her from reporting him to the police. He threw his father's dismembered corpse into the feeding trough and sent the head to his uncle as a kind of trophy. He found it ironic that after being so arrogant throughout his life, his father would cry like a childish brat out of self-pity. He also thought it to be ironic and a shame that, in order to accomplish anything with his life to allow the system to change for the better, he also had to abuse the system for the sake of himself. Since that day, he's been working for his uncle to pay for himself as a living. His uncle recently appointed him as the ambassador to Gan.
Equipment: A 13-round silenced handgun and a 30-cm knife with an 18-cm blade imported from Wakoku.

I've added and altered the information about my character. I think I have done but still open for suggestions.

Last edited:

Are you still taking sign-ups? It's been a while but I'd like to get back on the RP wagon...

Age: 15 years old, but her appearance more like 10 years old girl

Birthplace: Eastern Oceans

Ability:
Her ability is called Resonance, but the music that cause it, is called Aria. In old literature, the power was also named Arietta's Song.

Vivianne is mute. But she can control Aur when she play her flute to affect people who able to hear her music. Usually her music just reflect the listener’s own feeling/moral/intention to her. If a pure hearts listening her music, they will positively impact like be calm/happy/brave/healed, etc, depend on the situation or Vivianne’s intention. If someone evil hear her music, they will feel annoyed and be temperament, even hurt. But that can be reverse, depend on Vivianne’s feeling/moral/intention. But play the music with specific intention, will make her tired easily.

Effect of her Aria:
Unconsciously:
Aria; Vivianne's own feeling
Happy Melody; Happy Mood -> Make people happy, calm, viable; people who have bad intention to her will feel guilty
Sad/Slow Melody; Happy/Neutral Mood-> Make people calm and sleepy
Angry/High Beat/Fast Melody; Happy/Neutral Mood -> Make people viable and spirited, both soul and their body; people who have bad intention to her will viable and spirited too, they want to work hard and move fast but their body also get the impact.

Happy Melody; Sad Mood -> Make people sleepy
Sad/Slow Melody; Sad Mood -> Boost awareness to people around them (+); building emphaty to enemy (-)
Angry/High Beat/Fast Melody; Sad Mood -> Boost ability *physical ability to people without special ability*, but can't heal (+); bring negative mind/hallucination and can cause insanity if the intensity of the beat or the sad mood is high.

Conscious/ when Angry *she will extra tired after use her ability in this condition*:
Happy Melody: Heal effect (+); Hurt Effect (-)
Sad/Slow Melody: Awareness (+); Sleepy (-)
Angry/High Beat/Fast Melody: Boost ability *physical ability to people without special ability* and can heal (+); bring negative mind/hallucination that possibly cause insanity

Personality: She is quiet, well, she’s actually mute. But generally a cheerful and kind person. She is aware that she is different than other kids, that’s why she try her best to not be on anyone’s way. She care a lot to her younger friends and take care of them whenever the parents work on sea or field. But since she is short, she looks like one of the kids herself instead of the responsible ‘onee-chan’.
She love her village and people on it so much. She usually a kind and warm person, and hate any form of violence. The only thing that can motivate her is if her village was threatened.

Appearance: 145 cm, 30 kg, short/medium green wavy hair, blue sparkling eyes. Both on natural color.

History: She was found when she was baby, brought by wave to the isle. She wasn’t cry and instead, peacefully sleeping even though the storm was raging. The fisherman that found her though that she was Sea God’s child that was trusted to him and his wife, who childless. She was raised with love from her foster parent and the villagers.

She have flute that was mysteriously given to her. When she was asleep one day, laid down with the other kids on a small hut after have played all day. Someone slipped the flute to her hand, the flute with her name gilded on it. She’s not a special, cause children on the isle often got present this way. People believe that is come from their king.

Her true origin: Her mother was a slave, lived on Eastern Oceans. She was raped and pregnant. On the day she gave birth Vivianne, she simply subjecting her to the ocean. A mysterious figure with Aur that can control water, saw her action and was the one who make sure that she safely land to the Isle.
Her wavy green hair is mark that she is from Laut Tribe, that a common tribe for slaves on Eastern Oceans.

She and people around her have general idea how her 'music' affect people around her. But they are not suspicion about her full potential.

I think I'm done, but still open for suggestions and inputs.

Accepted.

Are you still taking sign-ups? It's been a while but I'd like to get back on the RP wagon...

They'll close in early July, at which point I intend to have begun for at least a couple of days; from that point, only people who have already requested reserves for characters will be accepted for the RP. They will open again at least a month later.

Name: Steele Auso
Birthplace: Eastern Continent, Urakos
Ability:
Cognitive Force- The power of telekinesis, Steele can lift and move objects and also project a bubble shield around himself. However, the larger the object he's trying to move or the stronger the attack he is trying to block, the harder he has concentrate. Thus, he has to stand immobile and focused to use his powers to their fullest extent.
Personality: Steele is definitely the quiet guy, generally keeping to himself. However, once he gets to know someone, he opens up and becomes someone who could sometimes talk your ear off. Besides that, Steele is pretty much kind to everyone, always putting them above himself except for those people that seem to be rotten to the core; for mean people, Steele has almost no patience. He has the intelligence and maturity of someone much older that himself and this can sometimes rub people the wrong way.
Appearance: Steele stands at just under 200cm and thus towers over many other people. He weighs a few kilos over 100, giving himself a lean, tall body with a good amount of muscle. Though he doesn't really have abs, his stomach is still flat and his body lean and strong. Steele has long brown hair that falls into his ice-blue eyes and hangs down to cover both of his ears and the back of his neck. Normally, Steele wears a thin, black, thermal, long-sleeved shirt that keeps him cool in the heat and warm in the cold. His thermal top is covered by a black, sleeveless, hooded cloak with a grey interior and gold trim that falls down to his ankles and covers his grey cargo pants, which are held up by a belt whose buckle is the golden crest of Urakos. Of course, this is the uniform that Steele wore as a member of the Queen's Guard.
History: Orphaned as a child by some unknown means, Steele was taken as a baby and cared for by an unknown foster family. However, he has few memories of this family as, when he was about seven, he was given up to become a member of the Fighting Youth, a program that the warmonger government offered as an escape for orphaned children. As part of the Fighting Youth, Steele and other orphaned children had all their food, housing, and safety needs met; as payment, the Fighting Youth were raised from a young age to be soldiers. As training progressed and Steele got older, his ability began to blossom, while others had no explanation for any of the odd occurrences, they were noticed by a Queen's Spy that had been implanted as a mentor in the Fighting Youth Program. When he was fourteen, Steele was taken to be trained and become a member of The Queen of Urakos's Private Guard. He quickly rose through the ranks and became the head of the Queen's Guard due to his natural fighting skill and powerful abilities. As her most trusted adviser and her most skilled warrior, Steele was sent to the Garden Isle by the Queen to uncover the mysteries enshrouding it.
Equipment:
Hardened Diamond Vambraces- Diamond smithing, a specialty of Urakos, Steele's diamond vambraces are nearly unbreakable and can be used to parry blades away from Steele's body.
Dual Silver-Plated Pistols- Steel's clip-fed pistols shoot hardened diamond rounds that can punch holes in most targets.
Crystal Claymore- A two edged sword whose blade is made out of pure diamond, it is nearly unbreakable and glistens as it refracts light. It hangs on the left side of Steele's waist. This type of sword is standard issue for the Queen's Guard, it has the Royal Crest of Urakos etched into the base of the blade.

Name: Steele Auso
Birthplace: Eastern Continent, Urakos
Ability:
Cognitive Force- The power of telekinesis, Steele can lift and move objects and also project a bubble shield around himself. However, the larger the object he's trying to move or the stronger the attack he is trying to block, the harder he has concentrate. Thus, he has to stand immobile and focused to use his powers to their fullest extent.
Personality: Steele is definitely the quiet guy, generally keeping to himself. However, once he gets to know someone, he opens up and becomes someone who could sometimes talk your ear off. Besides that, Steele is pretty much kind to everyone, always putting them above himself except for those people that seem to be rotten to the core; for mean people, Steele has almost no patience. He has the intelligence and maturity of someone much older that himself and this can sometimes rub people the wrong way.
Appearance: Steele stands at just under 200cm and thus towers over many other people. He weighs a few kilos over 100, giving himself a lean, tall body with a good amount of muscle. Though he doesn't really have abs, his stomach is still flat and his body lean and strong. Steele has long brown hair that falls into his ice-blue eyes and hangs down to cover both of his ears and the back of his neck. Normally, Steele wears a thin, black, thermal, long-sleeved shirt that keeps him cool in the heat and warm in the cold. His thermal top is covered by a black, sleeveless, hooded cloak with a grey interior and gold trim that falls down to his ankles and covers his grey cargo pants, which are held up by a belt whose buckle is the golden crest of Urakos. Of course, this is the uniform that Steele wore as a member of the Queen's Guard.
History: Orphaned as a child by some unknown means, Steele was taken as a baby and cared for by an unknown foster family. However, he has few memories of this family as, when he was about seven, he was given up to become a member of the Fighting Youth, a program that the warmonger government offered as an escape for orphaned children. As part of the Fighting Youth, Steele and other orphaned children had all their food, housing, and safety needs met; as payment, the Fighting Youth were raised from a young age to be soldiers. As training progressed and Steele got older, his ability began to blossom, while others had no explanation for any of the odd occurrences, they were noticed by a Queen's Spy that had been implanted as a mentor in the Fighting Youth Program. When he was fourteen, Steele was taken to be trained and become a member of The Queen of Urakos's Private Guard. He quickly rose through the ranks and became the head of the Queen's Guard due to his natural fighting skill and powerful abilities. As her most trusted adviser and her most skilled warrior, Steele was sent to the Garden Isle by the Queen to uncover the mysteries enshrouding it.
Equipment:
Hardened Diamond Vambraces- Diamond smithing, a specialty of Urakos, Steele's diamond vambraces are nearly unbreakable and can be used to parry blades away from Steele's body.
Dual Silver-Plated Pistols- Steel's clip-fed pistols shoot hardened diamond rounds that can punch holes in most targets.
Crystal Claymore- A two edged sword whose blade is made out of pure diamond, it is nearly unbreakable and glistens as it refracts light. It hangs on the left side of Steele's waist. This type of sword is standard issue for the Queen's Guard, it has the Royal Crest of Urakos etched into the base of the blade.

Accepted.

Another character:

Name: Jacob Mot
Birthplace: Not Applicable
Ability: Firestorm: He can channel his emotions into heat, although, by doing so, it becomes difficult to be as attentive as he would otherwise be; he doesn't see as clearly as he would be able to if he didn't, and he might even lose consciousness entirely (conversely, if he doesn't use this ability, he can also see how people think more clearly).
Personality: He's more mature than some would think to be possible at his age; he finds that the world is a vicious place and that people typically do whatever they can for the sake of themselves. He refuses to tolerate any form of injustice. He's clever, although he doesn't think highly of himself. He finds it evil to value oneself. He feels a remarkable amount of guilt for certain things. He's also willing to use other people's ideas.
Appearance: He stands at 175 cm and weighs 66 kg; he's in excellent physical condition (and remarkably large for his age). He has brown eyes and black, tousled hair. He doesn't get his hair cut frequently, and, during instances in which he does, he cuts it himself. He usually wears jeans and a grey t-shirt. He doesn't usually wear shoes, although he has a pair of sandals. He has very tan skin, which is somewhat common for people born in the Southern Continent. He has a grey button-up jacket for inclement weather.
History: He was born in the Southern Continent, to two migrant teens who consistently refused to comply with the system of government established by Mishrei. They were wanderers who inhabited the southernmost crest of the continent. He doesn't even know precisely where he was born; his parents had no company to witness his birth, and weren't in any specific town or city. In an effort to support everyone, his father accepted whatever job he was given; it hardly paid enough, and they would often wander the streets of wherever they'd happen to be. Within a year, his father resorted to crime. Engaging in piracy was the most common means by which he'd maintain their state of living. His father had several connections which eventually increased as he grew to be a fearsome criminal, and raised his son to believe that the most important thing is to take care of oneself, then the people who care about you, and to take from anyone foolish enough to grow accustomed to living in comfort or rely on other people and not prepare to be the victim of crime. He lived in the noteworthy bay of Port Sheba for about half of his life. He didn't realize exactly what his father did until he was 7, when his father informed his mother that the city was their most recent target. They had left the city just hours before it was pillaged; it had been the largest free-trade site on the continent, if not in the world. They returned to his father on land shortly later, meeting him outside their house. His parents emptied their house of all their belongings, which had remained untouched. All the carnage and murder that his father had caused, even to his neighbors, some of whom he had been friends with, filled his conscience with grief and horror. He had never seen a dead person throughout his life until that day. The corpses filled the streets; all the people had been dismembered and mutilated, with their entrails strung out and their organs spilling over. He was most enraged by his father's sheer indifference for all the people whose bloodshed he was responsible for. From that day, he realized he had to use his wit for the sake of himself in order to exact vengeance and prevent such wrongdoing from happening. He joined his father's crew that year. He realized the motives by which people act (and, consequently, the methods the world functions in accordance with) to be more than just flawed; he recognized the fact that people don't value each other to be evil. He despised his father, although he himself grew up to be a pirate. On his birthday within the past year, his father gave him a ship which he still has not yet named and the authority to select two people of anyone he's employed to begin a crew. Professionally, he would like to only rob the people he deems to deserve it; he'd rather avoid having to maraud villages or shipments of those whom he deigns to be innocent. He's traveled to Gan in search of a job; practically every nation has sought trade with the proficient country, presenting an opportunity to steal a great amount of commerce and employ potential crewmates in the process.
Equipment: A large ship with stealth technology (like a frigate) constructed of metal that has a length of about 125 meters and can run off of fuel or use sails, a revolver with standard, interchangeable parts that he gets from wherever they can be found, replacing them as needed, and a silver dagger with a 12-cm hilt and a blade about 30 cm in length.

...yes; I decided to make a second character with that ability. If you don't like it, sue me. I will also add his crewmates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom