• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Aura Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroic Sociopath

Gone forever.
Reaction score
gObS4sg.jpg

A great airship floated above the Orange Archipelago. Hundreds of feet above the ocean, it was full of students bound for Aura Academy. The sun had risen a couple hours ago, and many of the students were still sleeping.

Attention, all passengers. We're nearing Lemon Island, and will arrive in a few hours. Please prepare your things to land. As the voice rang out over the PA system, Josh stirred in his bed. He had just left home yesterday, and it took him a moment to remember where he was. The Altaria, Aura Academy's airship. The Academy was well-funded, Josh could see. The previous night, after getting on board, the students had been treated to a lavish meal. The ship itself, in addition to the fact that it was an airship, was luxuriously decorated, with well-furnished dorms. Apparently, the Pokemon League sometimes used it for events.

Josh sat up in bed and started getting dressed, looking out the window. He could see all the islands spread out beneath them. He remembered seeing a map. Indeed, far away, he could see Lemon Island, where they'd be staying the next year. Josh slipped on his denim jacket over his shirt, which had a picture of an orange circle with three red stars on it. Then he headed out of his room, to breakfast. He passed the spa, the ornate carpet soft beneath his shoes.

The ballroom already had a fair number of students in it. Several circular tables were dotted across the room, many of them already full. Food was served buffet-style, and Josh headed to get some pancakes. As he did so, he heard another student talking.

"Kid's loaded, I bet he has a ton of cash on him." He heard a young man talking to his friends. Josh judged him to be a second year. The guy had slitted eyes, and a forked tongue. A gijinka, probably. Josh didn't like to eavesdrop, so he finished getting his food, and then scanned the room for a place to sit. He was distracted by the huge window that took up part of the wall, showing a gorgeous view of the sea below.

(( @The Ninjaneer @Ib All Alone @Sir Mirdyn @Kimono Dragon @SukiWooper @Midorikawa @Ravio @Meyneth, it's begun!

The Altaria is a big ship. Say that whatever facilities you like are on it. You can have your character enjoy breakfast, or do something else. Also, I need a co-GM. If anyone is interested, contact me.))

Kei was one of the students in the ballroom, the Lucario gijinka studying the aura around each of the students. Her crimson eyes eventually locked on Josh, and the tall girl made her way over to him.

Chloe awoke to the sound of Wingulls screeching. She pained for a second before remembering where she was. She was on an airship an airship! She had always wanted to ride one! Here she was thousands of feet above the ground, soaring though the skies! It was true that her base Pokemon was one that could levitate but she lacked that skill.

She rolled out off bed and landed with a thud. She peered out the window and watched the clouds fly by. Or where they flying be. Her stomach rumbled as she watched, reminding her that she needed food. She swung the door open and was on her way to find the food.

After walking for a while Chloe noticed that she had passed the same door twice, and that that one pipe was looking awfully familiar. It dawned on her that she was lost and hurried her pace, to the point that she was running.

Josh had filled his plate with french toast and eggs. He was just about to make his way back to a table when he saw a girl come up to him. A tall girl. He turned to the Amazon.

"Need something?" He asked. Was he gonna get hazed? He'd heard that that was a thing at this school. Older students sometimes played pranks on first-years like him. Still, he didn't know anyone here. He resolved to be friendly, but perhaps a bit guarded.

-----

In the halls of the airship, students milled about. Some of them had finished breakfast early to do things with friends. A few of them were playing video games in the lounge, while still others were simply gazing out the window. To be sure, it was a beautiful view. South Mandarin Island was within view. It hosted a large city, and one could easily take a fery from the school to there.

"Ah, sorry. I only meant to say hello. My name's Kei, a junior here at Aura Academy. Lucario gijinka, at your service." She offered a smile, though her expression remained guarded.

Lily had woken early and already eaten. However she remained in the ball room, sitting by the window and giving attention to the archen on her lap. It was a magnificent view outside, and she loved being so high up. Of course she loved anywhere in nature really. She paid no mind to the others, instead just enjoying the relaxing view. Soon she would start a new journey in her life. A tough one due to having to study, but still a journey.

Thanks to a spot of turbulence earlier in the trip, Joseph woke up even crankier than usual. Getting out of bed already donning fresh clothes, the Shroomish Gijinka grasped the door with his mechanical hands and headed toward the cafeteria for breakfast.

As he walked past the arrangement of students and staff, he noticed some of them pointing out Joseph's prosthetics which swung unnaturally as the boy walked. In response, Joseph kept turning around and making faces at them and not paying attention until he suddenly walked into a lost girl and fell back. Glaring at the black-haired girl from the floor, he snarled, "Hey, why don't you watch where you're going, missie!"

"Oh" Chloe said as she turned around. She knelt down and offered her hand. She noticed that he had steal arms. "I didn't see you there! I'm so sorry! would you happen to know where I could get some food? I'm very hungry and I keep on going in circles! Also are you a steal type? That's cool. Does that mean you can't get poisoned? Well maybe they could if they got the non steel part of you. Well I'm part ghost but normal stuff sit hits me. Like Frisbees. I don't like Frisbees." Realizing that she had been rambling she stopped talking and turned a little red.

"Josh." Josh said. He wondered if she knew that he was new there. Technically, he was a junior himself, but he had just transferred on account of his Aura powers awakening. He wasn't used to people being this outgoing. Maybe that was just the way students acted at the academy. "I'm an Aura-user." He wasn't the most talkative sort. He reminded himself to perhaps be more friendly.

"Should we sit down?" He asked, heading for an empty table near Lily.

Earning stares from most of the younger kids, the 37 year old Dell was walking to the breakfast room, carrying a sort of box that resembled a microwave. That was because it was a microwave, a microwave of his own invention that was capable of cooking things evenly throughout, both inside and outside. It had adjustable settings as well, so you could make the perfect bagel, or any other food, of your dreams. Naturally, Dell got himself some toast and bagels, with a helping of eggs. Sitting down at the first table he saw, he got to microwaving.

"Sure," she replied, trailing him to sit at the table. She had a piece of coffeecake on her plate, nothing more. Kei wasn't really that hungry, of course.

"Tsk, read the signs and maps plastered around the ship that say where everything is," said Joseph with a snarky attitude as he pushed himself up. "And please don't mention my arms or I swear on Arceus' golden rings..." And with that the boy stormed off, heading north toward the airship's cafeteria to get breakfast. "Man, I don't know who that girl think she is, talking about my arms; and judging by her appearance, she's a gijinka too. I better watch my back for now..."

"Huh," Chloe said, a little put off by his words. She was taught to be nice to everyone, but seemed like that didn't work on everyone. She Watched him go and decided to go in the opposite direction not wanting to bother him anymore. Given her luck she ended up right back near her room. She walked in and laid down on her bed, thinking that it may be wiser just to wait until they landed to find her way anywhere.

The Airship bumped in the wind and something fell of off the table. It was a small pice of paper. She climbed out of bed and picked it up. Much to her surprise it was a map! She must have forgot she had one. With it she set off into the halls and managed to find the food. She got heaps of Hash-browns and eggs, and smothered them in Ketchup. She then moved over to the tables and started looking for somewhere to sit.

Joseph took a seat. This sort of outgoing behavior wasn't normal for him. Maybe it was the new school. Maybe it was the fact that he was in a blimp. It was nice, though. He'd been a loner all his life, but he wondered if all loners wanted to make friends? He saw a girl looking for a place to sit and pulled out a seat.

"So are you new here too?" Joe asked Kei. He was distracted by a tone sounding over the PA.

The SS Altaria will land in a few minutes. Please prepare to disembark at your earliest convenience. Seeing as the SS Altaria was a dirigible, landing was much simpler, so they could still move around.

"The Academy must have more money than Arceus." Joe said. Then he felt a pair of hands rubbing his shoulders. Very strong hands. Joe felt like he should be disturbed, but holy crap, it was a good shoulder rub. He basically melted into the hands of the very large man behind him. He was somewhat on the older side of middle-aged, with crows feet on his eyes, and salt-and pepper hair.

"How's it going? Staying out of trouble?" Principal Sanford said. He looked at the students at the table behind his black sunglasses. "Remember, cool kids follow the rules!" He gave a thumbs-up, while Joe closed his eyes. It was the best shoulder rub ever. It was probably helped that the principal was an Aura-user. Anyone who didn't know that he was a powerful Psychic-type would soon find out. He found it amusing to mess with student's minds, either with or without his powers. Never beyond childish pranks, though.

OOC: Feel free to make up details about the school if you like, I'll weave them in.

Randell was staring out into the ocean. The ocean was something he loved, something he respected. He understood its beauty and its dangers. He found true fascination by the way the waves softly crashed against the rocky beach and the way the sun shone off the rippling water, its golden light warped in the twisted, glass waves. The announcement broke his reverie and he joined the crowds of student.

Randell was undoubtedly one of the most well dressed student in the blimp. He tried his best to dress as simple as possible, but still. The blond young man was wearing a black longcoat with matching trousers and leather shoes. He took a deep breath and unconsciously, his hand fluttered to the ruby necklace hung around his neck.

"Guide me, sister..." he muttered silently.

((I just noticed there's two Josephs with mine and yours, LaG. Do you mind if I change my character's name?))

Joseph looked around the island and at the school; the institution itself seemed old-fashioned yet heavily modernized at the same time as people of various shapes and sizes streamed through the building. The boy smelled the air, getting a whiff of salty water that wasn't quite the same as the Hoenn kind he was accustomed to. Joseph then thought to himself what kind of students would be in his class or dorm, hoping it wouldn't be a bunch of annoying buffoons.

Chloe after stuffing her face with eggs had made her way off the blimp. She walked in what she thought was a straight line while caring her suitcases and back pack. She was fighting with her backpack and only had it slung over one shoulder and she looked for her phone. Her mom did tell her to call once she had gotten there, and she was pretty sure that this counted as there. Or maybe she should wait until she got all unpacked and settled before she called that may be a good idea. She kept on walking until she hit a tree. Recoiling she dropped her backpack and everything fell out onto the ground. She kneeled down and started to clean up.

((I just noticed there's two Josephs with mine and yours, LaG. Do you mind if I change my character's name?))

((Sure, go ahead. Or one of us could just call our character Joe. Or Joey. By the way, sorry I've not posted. I wasn't sure if this was still alive or not. But I'm very glad it is. It makes me smile.))

VzNRimZ.png

The blimp had slowly drifted to the ground, alighting on the asphalt field that made up the academy's landing strip. Joseph had collected his belongings and got off, headed for the main hall. As he did so, he watched the other students. It was definitely an interesting bunch. A pair of trainers were having a battle by some palm trees, and he saw a young man in a black trench coat. Granted, the sea breeze tempered the hot tropical sun to some extent, but it was still a bit strange. He also saw a girl walk right into a tree, spilling all her things.

"Here, let me help with that." Joseph said, as he walked over and began to help her with her stuff. He wasn't exactly the good samaritan type, but he wasn't going to just not help her. However, because of that, he didn't notice that a few hundred feet behind him, a tall, thin student had taken a smaller student's backpack, and was emptying that students belongings onto the ground.

"Clearly, you need protection from bullies." Tokagero said, throwing the young man back his backpack.
"B-but you're the bully!" Sam said. A short young man, he looked very nearly like a girl. There was no way he could fight back without getting his butt handed to him.
"Exactly! That's why I'm the best person to protect you." Tokagero said. "5000 Pokedollars a week is my price. Good service isn't cheap, after all."
"Do you take traveller's checks?" Sam sighed, picking his checkbook off the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom