• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AureliaShipping (Ash x Lillie) Thread

Olive

Back in Black
Reaction score
I was a bit hesitant to start this thread (not just because I've never done this before), but with Sun and Moon's premier only about two months away, with more information sure to be coming, and with this ship looking pretty cute, it seemed like we might as well take the lead and get started now.

So, based on the preview, it looks like Ash and Lillie are classmates and sit next to each other. This gives some very solid room for interaction, which there's bound to be plenty of since both of them seem like prominent characters.

I'm most curious to see what Lillie's personality will be since that is fundamental to how the ship's dynamic will turn out. In the games she's supposed to be mysterious, kind of reserved, and bookish. It will be very interesting to see how that translates over to the show. Whether she's a shy, studious girl or a maybe a kind of conceited teacher's pet type (though she doesn't look arrogant in the preview), I can see her personality contrasting nicely with Ash's super outgoing, not-very-studious personality. Maybe she'll help him study for exams if that's a thing in this series.

Anywho, without further ado then, I guess this is where we get started. What do you all think?

I think Lillie is a tsundere like Misty. I dunno. Doesn't feel quite ready for this yet.

Unless Ash suddenly notices girls or if Lillie can say what Serena hasn't, I doubt it's going to progress further than Amour. Regardless of whether I might grow to like them together or not.

Lillie probably won't be exactly like Serena, but she doesn't seem as abrasive as she looks in the games either. I don't think the writers want to do another Iris (or Misty) since that didn't work so well the first time around. If they give Lillie a catchphrase mocking Ash, that's it...all hell breaks loose. :p

I'd prefer Lillie to have a more sisterly tone with Ash, maybe a bit similar to May's where there was a little banter but also some nice friendship.

Still an AmourShipper and am giving up on this show soon, but I may be willing to give this ship a shot. Maybe it'll be cute and we can have quite a bit of fun with it. Maybe, not guarenteeing it.

I've been doing some inter-forum shipping diplomacy with the people over on Serebii regarding an official name for this ship, and I received notice this morning that they plan on creating the official poll on November 1st, meaning that submissions for names will be good until about 6:00 pm EST on October 31st.

If you have your own ideas for names be sure to mention them here on Bulba and I'll be sure they get added to the poll, or submit them directly over on Serebii's ship-naming thread. I'll post the link to the poll here once it's created.

Here's the list for possible Ash x Lillie names as it presently stands. Where possible I also included briefly the reasoning for the suggestion.

GloveShipping
AshlieShipping
- A combination of Ash and Lillie
AureliaShipping - After the genus for the Moon Jellyfish.
UltraShipping - After Ultrabeast, which Lillie has been hinted to be.
LeiShipping - After the floral necklaces that are presented to newcomers to the islands of Hawaii. Also the Hawaiian term for "couples".
BigHatShipping
SilverswordShipping
- After a flower native to Hawaii that grows near volcanoes.
BelleoftheNightShipping - After a flower in Hawaii that only blooms at night.
LiliaShipping - After the Hawaiian word for "lily".

Last edited:
I'm not a shipper but the name I think that any Ash x Lillie shipping will likely be dependent whether or not Lillie either turns out to be either an Ultra Beast or part Ultra Beast. If she is an Ultra Beast or is part Ultra Beast, then I'm almost certain that it will be UltraShipping. If not, then I really have no idea what its name would be.

What are the chances of all three main female characters developing crushes and competing with one another for Ash's attention? Would introduce a new and hilarious dynamic.

What are the chances of all three main female characters developing crushes and competing with one another for Ash's attention?

Hopefully high, bruh.

Would introduce a new and hilarious dynamic.

This. I hope that the 'main' shipping of the Sun and Moon anime is not Ash x Mallow, nor Ash x Lana, nor even Ash x Lillie - I hope it's Ash x Mallow + Lana + Lillie. Let's get a LOVE SQUARE up in this motherfucker!

Well ladies and gentlemen I'd like to announce that, after several months of compiling names, the official naming poll for Ash x Lillie has just been launched. A special thanks to everyone on Serebii and around the shipping community for helping to put all of this together. Voting lasts from now until November 18 at 11:59pm EST, to coincide with the premier of the SM anime. In the event of a tie, a second round of voting will be held for the names in question.

The list in my above post is complete with all of the names available to choose from as well as the rationales behind said names, for those of you looking to make a more informed decision. Take a look, think about it, and then cast your vote.

Vote Here

Last edited:
Firstly, let me thank you very much for this awesome thread; because I really love loving threads
Yes, I think that she interest little bit in ash; because I think I saw her little but not appy when Mallow take his hand, but still the need to wait a lot of times to figure out if she love him
I really like her relationship with Lana and Mallow, and I realluy look to the 3 girls

There are some good ship names in here. I don't like Ashlieshipping, but if it wins I wouldn't really care.
Also it does seem like Lillie has some affection for Ash. Either it's just me watching the anime under red light (Science class) or I'm just bluffing.
Despite being a hardcore amourshipper, I would love to see AshxLillie grow, too.

Sorry for the late update, but the naming poll has gone into a runoff between Aurelia and Ashlie. The poll will close on November 29th at 12:01 AM EST.

Be sure to represent and vote here.

The first two episodes were pretty light in terms of hints, though Lillie's character certainly has plenty of personality. The interactions are sure to come with more episodes. We did get the scene of Lillie hiding behind Ash after the Tauros race. She didn't even know his name yet she was already willing to hide behind him. Cute.

I'm not sure what to expect in terms of Aurelia/Ashlie shipping moments that might come up this saga. Maybe some moments where Ash has a heart to heart with Lillie about her aversion to Pokémon. I still have my fingers crossed that we'll get a scene where Lillie is up late at night with Ash trying to help him cram for some big exam. That would be adorable.

Also, lucky post 800.

Last edited:
Politely disagree with this thread but

S/M MC x Lillie is 110% the best getting her most precious item sealed the deal besides the other interactions!

S/M MC x Lillie is 110% the best getting her most precious item sealed the deal besides the other interactions!

This is one of my highest hopes for this ship. If the game story gets translated through to the anime in any real capacity, then Lillie's affection for the male protagonist in the games certainly is reason to be optimistic that something similar might happen with Ashlie/Aurelia Shipping.

In other news, nothing really stood out to me in Episodes 3 and 4. It does seem like each of the companions is getting an emphasis episode in the coming cycle. Here's to hope that Lillie's will have something adorable in it.

After what happened with Serena I think it's safe to say this won't be happening. *shrug*

Oh.... hell no! Ash and Lillie just don't give off that shipping spark and I don't really agree with shipping them. Not that you guys can't have your opinions, but it just doesn't feel right. I prefer Satoshi and Misty or maybe Satoshi and Serena.

These shipping names have been chosen according to polls, as official names:
Ash x Mallow - AlohaShipping
Ash x Lana - BlueAngelShipping
Ash x Lillie - AshlieShipping

Thank you very much to everyone!

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom