• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AussieEevee's Video Game Bonanza - Endgame

What kind of RNG would you prefer?

• Bonanza style - Characters are RNGed and assigned to teams, then roles are assigned.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Chaos style - Roles are assigned to characters then RNGed, which could result in mafia cop (and stuf

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an interesting concept. Since when were we punishing players who actually want to find mafia rather than wasting time?
Are you being serious? It was a simple joke vote, that had a simple excuse for a vote. Also I would like to point that although you feel that joke voting is wasting time and doesn't help in catching mafia, I would like to point out it is very important as gives the game activity early on, and gives the town information to go on which means a higher success rate of catching mafia, but I guess we will continue wasting your time.

I think my vote will remain as taking jukeboxes seriously is very suspicious.

Arguably speaking, joke voting in the early stages of D1 does more then doing absolutely nothing.
I agree with caps that it ain't the best solution to early activities but Sword Master might be over reacting a little.

Enough of my random vote.
Unvote: jdthebud

I'm having doubts about Sword Master and his reaction to what looks like a sarcastic post by Caps.
Vote: Sword Master

Jokevotes, damn autocorrect.
Well good, because I take my jukeboxes very seriously, my good sir.
Arguably speaking, joke voting in the early stages of D1 does more then doing absolutely nothing.
I agree with caps that it ain't the best solution to early activities but Sword Master might be over reacting a little.
Ok, well do you lean more toward agreeing with Sword Master or not? Your second sentence is a bit confusing btw, the "but" seems to be seperating two points both in Caps' favor.

Maybe I am overreacting a little and there are better ways to start than jokevotes although I ask CapsFan what he would suggest instead of jokevotes, but I find it really suspicious how serious he took a jokevote and in my experience people who react in that way are usually scum.

Maybe I am overreacting a little and there are better ways to start than jokevotes although I ask CapsFan what he would suggest instead of jokevotes, but I find it really suspicious how serious he took a jokevote and in my experience people who react in that way are usually scum.
And it's in my experience that people who blow up and overreact when called out are usually scum.
Jokevoting isn't exactly pointless, but the activity it generates is rarely overly helpful without someone calling someone else out and checking for a reaction.
I'm not going to vote on it (yet), but I've got my on you after that reaction.

This bit sounds like he was being sarcastic.
Not really. To me that just sounded like the guy who wants to end the unhelpful Joke-vote phase as early as possible and kick up some real activity. And he's certainly succeeded.

I guess it could be that, too. Either way, I'm suspicious of Sword Master's reaction to it.
My reaction was at a post which reacted seriously to a jokevote, and tbh I wasn't called out this is my usual play style, I don't think it was sarcasm.

I can see how Sword Master can be perceived as jumpy, but he does make a good point. Especially since this is the only thing Caps even posted before he accused SM for "punishing" him:
Confirmation, over.
Vote: TheCapsFan

You were not scumhunting at that point in the game, even though that's apparently what SM was "punishing" you for. Your overreaction is much more severe to me.

*Pops back into existance to say that Yours Truly was not, in fact, bulls***ing you with that comment earlier - Yours Truly is indeed a Miller, and Yours Truly thought it best to say such as early as possible for some reason*

That is all. For now.

My reaction was at a post which reacted seriously to a jokevote, and tbh I wasn't called out this is my usual play style, I don't think it was sarcasm.
I'm not sure exactly which part you meant to be "your playstyle", but a lot of people jokevote too, but if no-one actually takes things seriously and asks a real question, D1 will end with either a No-lynch or a mislynch with no real leads generated (plus scum can easily make a vote early D1 and go "Just a jokevote lol"). Caps was our serious player this time. He asked a serious question about what real motivation there was to the vote (if any), and most real joke votes would just say "no, not really" and maybe unvote. It's you flying off the handle and defending yourself so unnecessarily hard that makes you look rather jumpy.

I can see how Sword Master can be perceived as jumpy, but he does make a good point. Especially since this is the only thing Caps even posted before he accused SM for "punishing" him:

Vote: TheCapsFan

You were not scumhunting at that point in the game, even though that's apparently what SM was "punishing" you for. Your overreaction is much more severe to me.
You'll also notice he didn't make a random vote that really goes no-where. I'm not saying that makes him a saint, but it is because of him that we're not just scrounging around in the dark anymore.

*Pops back into existance to say that Yours Truly was not, in fact, bulls***ing you with that comment earlier - Yours Truly is indeed a Miller, and Yours Truly thought it best to say such as early as possible for some reason*

That is all. For now.
Weird way to say you're a Miller, but I'll buy it for now.

That is all. For now.
I believe it. First post, unprompted, makes for a reasonably likely claim.
You really have nothing else to say though? No thoughts on the Caps/SM discussion currently underway?

I'm not sure exactly which part you meant to be "your playstyle", but a lot of people jokevote too, but if no-one actually takes things seriously and asks a real question, D1 will end with either a No-lynch or a mislynch with no real leads generated (plus scum can easily make a vote early D1 and go "Just a jokevote lol"). Caps was our serious player this time. He asked a serious question about what real motivation there was to the vote (if any), and most real joke votes would just say "no, not really" and maybe unvote. It's you flying off the handle and defending yourself so unnecessarily hard that makes you look rather jumpy.

You'll also notice he didn't make a random vote that really goes no-where. I'm not saying that makes him a saint, but it is because of him that we're not just scrounging around in the dark anymore.
Yeah, but it's because of him being oddly quick to defend himself from a joke, not just discourage the joking in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom