• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AussieEevee's Video Game Bonanza - Endgame

What kind of RNG would you prefer?

• Bonanza style - Characters are RNGed and assigned to teams, then roles are assigned.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Chaos style - Roles are assigned to characters then RNGed, which could result in mafia cop (and stuf

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you enjoy the game?
It was fun to play and hilarious to watch near the end.

Did you agree that the roles chosen suited the characters?
Yes. Although I'd have preferred to not have misread my role as death proof instead of bulletproof :p

Do you like the Bonanza format? Do you have any suggestions for modifications to this format?
I am enjoying the Bonanza format in the last few games that have had this format.

What was your favorite part of the game?
upload_2017-7-12_18-32-3.png

VGB was light on flavor, but I did put some effort into it. What did you think of the flavor text in this game? Do you have any suggestions for improvements to flavor?
Since you made flavor for a game with a mismatch of characters with no logical flow to it, you did amazing :)

Are you interested in the follow up game to this one?
If my character doesn't get discarded next time! :cry::cry::cry:

Do you have any other comments, suggestions or thoughts?
Didn't get mentioned for hosting advice, nor did my character get used. I'm deeply saddened Eevee.

Congrats, mafia! It's rough being scum in an OC-heavy game where town got a leader so early, so nicely done blending in well enough! Town did good too coming together, just didn't work out in the end it seems.

Did you enjoy the game?

Yep! I wasn't here long, but I had fun while I was part of it!
Definitely. All the characters I recognized seemed to fit their roles well, and I was pleased with the role my submitted character Ramirez got.
Do you like the Bonanza format? Do you have any suggestions for modifications to this format?
I'm a fan of both bonanza and chaos, both have their good points so can't really go wrong with either one. Can't really think of any suggestions.
What was your favourite part of the game?
that I won out of nowhere when I thought all hope was lost D2 was a lot of fun since it was a bit chaotic what with my fake "Cheff is scum" outing and then a copcheck also coming out. I also enjoyed seeing what characters everyone submit and what roles they got. (@Elementar has good taste with Shadow; I actually considered submitting Silver the Hedgehog haha)
VGB was light on flavour, but I did put some effort into it. What did you think of the flavour text in this game? Do you have any suggestions for improvements to flavour?
I liked it! It was simple but it fit the game. And I liked the idea of text popping out when characters won or lost. It's kind of amusing to visualize lol.
I would even reserve a spot!
It was a nicely-run game with a fun concept, and thanks for hosting, AussieEevee and Zexy!!

Did you enjoy the game?
Definitely
I would argue about the Teslakid, I would make him more of a JOAT based on his moveset in the game, but overall the roles went pretty well.
Do you like the Bonanza format?
I already did, this only makes it better :p
Do you have any suggestions for modifications to this format?
Chaos :p besides that not really, maybe being more specific in the characters so you can easier write flavour.
Being Town Leader.
VGB was light on flavour, but I did put some effort into it. What did you think of the flavour text in this game?
I like it, it takes a lot of work to create flavour for a game where there is no clear connection or story between the characters.
Do you have any suggestions for improvements to flavour?
Making the characters chosen more specific so they have a basis to go on, maybe some connection as Super Smash Bros. Bonanza (If you host that I would like to join :p)
Definitely
Sign me up already for the next one :p

Didn't get mentioned for hosting advice, nor did my character get used. I'm deeply saddened Eevee.
My apologies on both counts. When I saw the submission from Darthwolf, I just knew there was only one course of action I could take and that required me to discard a character.

Overall, This was one of the most enjoyable games I've watched, especially after Elieson joined. When I had to quickly sub out someone, I approached Elieson and asked if he was willing to join the game. He agreed... and between then and when he was NK'd, I think I have more OC threads from this game than my last ten games combined.

If you're wondering, the argument Zexy and I had over the game being bastard was Elieson's insane cop role. I figured since I had declared it in the role PM, it was okay. When SoaringDylan flipped, I got this really awesome comment from Elieson as he figured out his sanity.

2017-07-13%2002_27_26-VGB_%20Elieson%20_%20Bulbagarden%20Forums_zpss4fcboa9.png

Regarding Omnimon, here is the PM skullcrow and Cheff would have got had they managed to merge.

latest

Congratulations. You have successfully fused into Omnimon.

You have confirmed eachother as town, and have gained two Vig shots. At night, you and your partner can agree on a target, and you will shoot that target.

Since this is awfully powerful, there was two roles designed to counter it. The mafia doctor (Also designed to counter the other kill roles since town was kill heavy), and Final Arcadia's Assassin, which was for all intents and purposes, a lyncher with a lose condition.

Another thing I wanted to point out, is the glass cannon. This character had a 50/50 chance to kill herself instead of her target, but if protected by a doctor, it simply would have become a 50% miss chance instead.

VGB proved a challenge for me as I haven't played most of the games that were submitted and a couple of them were very hard to find specific information on that game, so I am relieved to hear the roles did match the characters.

I think that's about all I want to say.

Oh that felt good. Congrats fellow scum, especially @Elementar for helping me in the end.

Wait, Lone didn't sumbit Gabumon?! That also counted as my submission?! Who is missing his character?
If my character doesn't get discarded next time! :cry::cry::cry:
Oh there it is. What did you submit?

My apologies on both counts. When I saw the submission from Darthwolf, I just knew there was only one course of action I could take and that required me to discard a character.
But why, you could have easily left it like Omnimon. I was almost certain the Lone submitted the other character and you could then make then work together. Would they also die together if they found each other?

I told you to lynch Elementar if there was no clear/obvious alternative! Other than that, GG guys/Elementar for that one. Bad luck with the Miller lynch. Slife knows how I felt about it :/
Bad luck? I would like to call it strategy. You see, Every result I gave to Cheff was honest, once he asked for MP I could be one step ahead in checks. I immediatly threw MP under the bus when Cheff asked me to, this to make me look more towny (he was in danger anyway) The only faked result was on @Zachie (Sorry, I was the reason they didn't trust you). After jack died it was a 4v2, all we needed was a kill and a lynch in any order. Clearing Zachie would have solved the game in Town's favour. Faking his result was easy, the kill with a doc was hard. Luckily we had 2 chances. We wen't for Slife both times for the same reason: In case that the doc and the commuter were the last ones it would end it a tie (probably, hosts never wanted to confirm this. @AussieEevee can you now?) I wanted to take the risk of winning, Elementar agreed and so we took the chance.
Some people have also wondered mid-game why Lone died. Why would scum kill him? Simple, since Cheff became a Town leader he wanted to cop check me. My goal was to eliminate the cop asap. We immediatly checked Caps to confirm his claim (Thanks Cheff for asking to check him). We discovered that it had to be either Lone or Elie, looking at the OC I had with Elie I was pretty sure that he was it (he acted like he was not important and reacted heavily when he thought I was cop). I expected that the real cop would be protected, so we checked and blocked him (Cheff asked for MP) and killed Lone. Next night we took the risk of killing Elie and so it saved me a cop check.

index.php
Amazing :D, it seems the hosts/IO enjoyed my play a lot.

Did you enjoy the game?
Definitely. The mindgames at the end who who was going to be protected and if we should act was so intense. Seeing the word "doc" in the FT released all that tension in a victorious punch. Thanks to the hosts for this amazing game.

Definitely. A cop like role for my detective was expected. I expected a vig/lover/bulletprof from Omnimon. I suspected Sonic for the Commuter, got pretty close. I could go on, but you get the point, it was good.

Love it, instant join action it also always makes me scum:p
Not remove a submission? I would like to know why you did this.

The mindgames and the tension it gave at the end, my favorite games all have that. The tension feels so good and that's why I love to be scum (and indep).

VGB was light on flavour, but I did put some effort into it. What did you think of the flavour text in this game? Do you have any suggestions for improvements to flavour?
It was great. I liked the text popping out of the character. I also imagined that I caused the Thunder that killed everyone. I would love to see more (and maybe a bit heavier on the FT, it's up to you since both work) of your FT.

Bonanza = Yes

I think I did that first:p

Congratulations to the mafia and FinalArcadia for their win! Thanks to everyone for playing.

Special thanks to @AussieEevee who pretty much ran this by himself, I might've been co-host but I only made minor setup tweaks for balance and was involved with three technical decisions; the Skullcrow modkill/Slife win, the bastard announcement because of Insane Cop and the MILO announcement.

The biggest setup tweak was adding a Rolecop to the mafia, AE's original version looked a bit too weak. A thing I was slightly afraid could be OP was the full Commuter (it can lead to ties that should've been scum wins), but I figured I'd rather let it be since I've let things like Commuter Bomb Restless Spirit in before and a full Commuter could counter-balance the amount of killing in the game.

For the Skullcrow modkill, he nameclaimed to Cheff. It could be argued (and Skullcrow himself said so) that he would get revealed to Cheff anyway later upon their fusion, and that his death made Cheff look better. However, Skullcrow's nameclaim could be considered a game-breaking clear, while Cheff's clear was technically only based on everyone's willingness to believe he wasn't lying about his claim. Had it not happened, Cheff might've been lynched indeed, but that would stil lead to Slife winning and one town clear in practice (Skullcrow) so it wouldn't really make a difference to town. It would be unfair for Cheff to pay when Skullcrow broke the rules in the first place. We were in complete agreement on the matter with AE, in fact he first pointed it out to me and said he believes it is modkill-worthy.

We did indeed have a little dispute with AE over whether Insane Cop should've been announced as bastard, but since we were outright asked I thought we should've covered our bases completely. Sanities aren't necessarily bastard when there is more than one Cop in the town, where they can be easily assumed (ex. Chaos Mafia I)

For MILO, AE did just not immediately understand the concept and thought that there was no way the game could've ended before Day 7, but as we all saw it did actually happen.

In the end, even though we did have a few disputes on some matters with AE, and I think we should have a talk before deciding to co-host again, I still thank him dearly for all he did for the game. The original ideas are all his, and he did pretty much everything with update posting/action results. I'm glad this is how VGB, the sequel to both VGM and ESB. played out. I believe the mafia deserved the win because Darth managed to fool Cheff pretty well once again. Kudos to him and Elementar for pulling it all off.

I'd also like to thank @Maniacal Engineer for helping AE whenever I wouldn't be around. Something came up IRL for part of the game and I couldn't be that active for a weekend. @SoaringDylan also helped a lot since becoming IO, offering his input in the host chat and always being impartial even though he was allied with the town.

See you all in the next Bonanza! I'm not sure if I'll be involved as player or host (I mostly agreed to co-host because of it being a sequel to VGM which I co-hosted as well; and I had to issue modkills again oh well), but I'll be there :)

Last edited:
Yeah 2v2 with Commuter+Doctor would be a tie.
... it is this kind of thing that made me worry about Commuter being OP. But then even without a Commuter, a Doctor can always self-protect in hopes that town can always have the chance to tie if all but one scum is lynched and it is down to 1v1. Although things like Strongman, Roleblocker or a lynch can stop the plan.

For MILO, AE did just not immediately understand the concept and thought that there was no way the game could've ended before Day 7, but as we all saw it did actually happen.

To clarify, no, I didn't but I also don't like the concept of -lo. I prefer the "this could be the final phase of the game" style.

On that note, I also didn't realise the game had hammer rules until after it started >.< And it took me a while to get the hang of it. Sorry about that!

The biggest setup tweak was adding a Rolecop to the mafia, AE's original version looked a bit too weak. A thing I was slightly afraid could be OP was the full Commuter (it can lead to ties that should've been scum wins), but I figured I'd rather let it be since I've let things like Commuter Bomb Restless Spirit in before and a full Commuter could counter-balance the amount of killing in the game.

Actually, it was roleblock you suggested. Originally, Sabrina was rolecop... I can't remember what Pika was... Zexy suggested roleblock, so I swapped things around a little.

For the Skullcrow modkill, he nameclaimed to Cheff.
Yeah, Unfortunately for Skullcrow, I just happened to be reading that Discord chat at that exact moment. I took a screenshot and sent it to Zexy.

that would stil lead to Slife winning
FinalArcadia :)

To clarify, no, I didn't but I also don't like the concept of -lo. I prefer the "this could be the final phase of the game" style.

On that note, I also didn't realise the game had hammer rules until after it started >.< And it took me a while to get the hang of it. Sorry about that!

Actually, it was roleblock you suggested. Originally, Sabrina was rolecop... I can't remember what Pika was... Zexy suggested roleblock, so I swapped things around a little.

Yeah, Unfortunately for Skullcrow, I just happened to be reading that Discord chat at that exact moment. I took a screenshot and sent it to Zexy.

FinalArcadia :)
The only difference in that style (which is "this could be the final day phase in the game", there's a major difference) is that it doesn't really make clear if it's MILO, LYLO or LYSLO. it's still -LO.

Oh well, that's how things work with my standard ruleset...

Not sure, but in any case the mafia felt weak.

... oh right, the character was submitted by Slife lol -_-

The only difference in that style (which is "this could be the final day phase in the game", there's a major difference) is that it doesn't really make clear if it's MILO, LYLO or LYSLO. it's still -LO.
Wait, there's a third -lo? Ugh... As if my headache wasn't bad enough...

That said, the MILO announcement did give me the chance to use a milo joke so... there's that lol

Wait, there's a third -lo? Ugh... As if my headache wasn't bad enough...

That said, the MILO announcement did give me the chance to use a milo joke so... there's that lol
MILO (Mislynch or Lose): If town lynches incorrectly today, they may lose the game. Tends to happen in x+2/x situations (such as our 4/2)
LYLO (Lynch or Lose): If town doesn't lynch correctly today, they may lose the game. Tends to happen in x+1/x situations
LYSLO (Lynch but may Still Lose): Even if town does lynch correctly today, they may lose the game. Tends to happen only in games with weird roles because town has messed up way too much, so only the lynch of a specific non-town makes the game still winnable for town. Worst state to ever be in because you may be right and lose, or mafia may actually out/try to bus one of their own to save the one with the game-winning role.

Thanks to @AussieEevee and @Zexy for hosting (and @Maniacal Engineer for helping out too). That was a really fun game to be a part of. And thanks to my mafia teammates for helping us win. Bad luck town, and additional congrats to @FinalArcadia :)

Did you enjoy the game?
I did :)
I did like the roles given out. They were pretty cool. Although, I didn't get mine.
I really liked it. It made for a good game and interesting roles.
Winning xD
Flavour's very hard to do in a chaotic game like this, so you did really well to make it interesting and just enough so people were satisfied and not too much that made people bored. It was a great amount.
I am :) You can basically do it on anything. I'd like to see a movies one :)
It was a very well hosted game :D

Did you enjoy the game?
I did, it was fun.
Yeah, most of them looked pretty well on the money.
I do like this format, I've never played chaos format, so I can't really compare the two, but stuff like this is fun. I can't really think of any suggestions.
The fact that Darth successfully deceived Cheff. Again.
I think it was pretty good for something with no real connection between the characters.
Yes, quite so.
None in particular.
But why, you could have easily left it like Omnimon. I was almost certain the Lone submitted the other character and you could then make then work together. Would they also die together if they found each other?
No, I submitted Specter Knight.
Some people have also wondered mid-game why Lone died. Why would scum kill him? Simple, since Cheff became a Town leader he wanted to cop check me. My goal was to eliminate the cop asap. We immediatly checked Caps to confirm his claim (Thanks Cheff for asking to check him). We discovered that it had to be either Lone or Elie, looking at the OC I had with Elie I was pretty sure that he was it (he acted like he was not important and reacted heavily when he thought I was cop). I expected that the real cop would be protected, so we checked and blocked him (Cheff asked for MP) and killed Lone. Next night we took the risk of killing Elie and so it saved me a cop check.
Oh, is that what happened? I just thought I blew myself up when Cheff asked me to vig Elementar.

This game was probably my most favorite game to follow in a while since the Mafia chat was entertaining and you could feel the tension in the air as the game crept closer to a winning state. Kudos to Darth, Elementar, and MP for setting the stage for this win throughout the early stages, especially the bus of MP, which MP was completely understanding of, and ultimately ended up deciding the game.

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes!

For sure. AE did a wonderful job balancing the game in a role madness environment (it's been awhile since I've seen Mafia Doctor and Full Commuter, for example) and while I hadn't heard of all the submissions, they definitely were used well. Mine (Master Chief) was pretty simple in the end :D.

Yes I liked it! It's cool to see what players will submit. Not really sure what I would change.

The mafia chat after I died, since that was mostly what I looked at after I died aside from the Night/Day updates.

I like short and sweet since it makes it easier to follow sometimes. Depends on the game though.

I would be very interested! Sequels to games are one of the things I like the most about the War Room.

Nope. All good. :D

Your death was kinda funny. You did blow yourself up. But you were also shot by the mafia at the same time.
Huh, we should have shot Elie. Oh well, couldn't have known that.

@AussieEevee @Zexy you haven't answered my question on why you dropped Dylan's character.
Also, for the Bonanza sequel, I see suggestions like book and movie but you could also do anime/cartoon/tv show. I also like the idea of a limited selection like Cheff gave with Smash.

We did indeed have a little dispute with AE over whether Insane Cop should've been announced as bastard, but since we were outright asked I thought we should've covered our bases completely. Sanities aren't necessarily bastard when there is more than one Cop in the town, where they can be easily assumed (ex. Chaos Mafia I)
Hmm, honestly can't say I agree with this. Personally I say any information hidden about your role should be considered bastard. Even if there are two cops in the game, I still feel it should be announced bastard if you're not outright told. But the whole "bastard" thing is subjective anyway so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom