• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AussieEevee's Video Game Bonanza - Endgame

What kind of RNG would you prefer?

• Bonanza style - Characters are RNGed and assigned to teams, then roles are assigned.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Chaos style - Roles are assigned to characters then RNGed, which could result in mafia cop (and stuf

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least I know how was I killed night one.
Did you enjoy the game? Yes I did, it might've been brief, but I enjoyed getting my own character.
Did you agree that the roles chosen suited the characters?
Yes.
Do you like the Bonanza format? Do you have any suggestions for modifications to this format? Yes I did, it was good and I don't think there needs to be any modifications.
What was your favourite part of the game?
Probably the jokevoting early in the game, it's fun.
VGB was light on flavour, but I did put some effort into it. What did you think of the flavour text in this game? Do you have any suggestions for improvements to flavour? I enjoyed reading it, and not really.
Are you interested in the follow up game to this one? Sure
Do you have any other comments, suggestions or thoughts?
I used my role, and it benefitted the town massively although it seems it didn't go all to plan...

Your death was kinda funny. You did blow yourself up. But you were also shot by the mafia at the same time.
Wow that would likely have swung the game right there, since Caps and Slife were confirmed town, no way they would have been lynched. Guess it's better to be lucky than good? :p

Hmm, honestly can't say I agree with this. Personally I say any information hidden about your role should be considered bastard. Even if there are two cops in the game, I still feel it should be announced bastard if you're not outright told. But the whole "bastard" thing is subjective anyway so...

*This

If my RolePM is lying to me, then the game is bastard. There's absolutely no ifs, ands or buts about it.

*This

If my RolePM is lying to me, then the game is bastard. There's absolutely no ifs, ands or buts about it.
That wasn't the question. The question was whether or not your role PM was lying to you, since it did mention that the fortunes never came true.
However, that was written into the flavor not the role description, so the game was bastard.

However, that was written into the flavor not the role description, so the game was bastard.
The flavour should never be considered an irrelevant part of the role PM though.

The information on the sanity state of the cop was there, and no attempt was made to conceal it.

The flavour should never be considered an irrelevant part of the role PM though.

Flavor isn't a RolePM/Rule though. It's misleading, to tell someone that they'll get someone's alignment, but elude that if they read between the lines, they might get botched results or something.

Flavor to me is not roles/rules. They're typically seperated for a reason

Sakuya Nijou from Norn9 Prologue

AussieEevee wasn't able to find much information about this character's role in the game specifically, but I did learn that Sakuya has a gentle demeanor and treats women in a gentlemanly manner. While he treats everyone kindly, he cares a lot for his childhood friend, Mikoto. His interests include telling fortunes which never come true, as well as riddles.

Due to Sakuya's interests including telling fortunes, you are the cop. Each night, you may send the hosts the command Check: <Player name> to check your targets alignment.

You are allied with the town and win when all opposing forces are eliminated or nothing can stop this from happening.

This character was submitted by Midorikawa

aka

Because I tell fortunes, I'm a cop and check alignments. To me, these two are not tied in any way...reading tarot cards and investigating people are different things. If you said like:

"Each night, you may send the hosts the command Check: <Player name> to check your targets alignment to the best of your abilities" then it would imply that my flavor is tied to my role. As far as my role read, I needed a flip plus a strict re-read of one part which...heck, what do Riddles have to do with anything?

Mechanics wise, I think it should. What if people just want to see their role and don't care about flavour.
In star wars I first put the powers in the flavour, but Dylan recommended to put it seperately for that reason.
If the role PM is overly long, I agree... but VGB's role PMs were mostly short, a bit about the character, the reason why I chose that role for that character, etc.

this is Elieson's role PM

-------------------------------------------------
Dear Elieson you are

Sakuya Nijou from Norn9 Prologue

AussieEevee wasn't able to find much information about this character's role in the game specifically, but I did learn that Sakuya has a gentle demeanor and treats women in a gentlemanly manner. While he treats everyone kindly, he cares a lot for his childhood friend, Mikoto. His interests include telling fortunes which never come true, as well as riddles.

Due to Sakuya's interests including telling fortunes, you are the cop. Each night, you may send the hosts the command Check: <Player name> to check your targets alignment.

You are allied with the town and win when all opposing forces are eliminated or nothing can stop this from happening.

This character was submitted by Midorikawa
------------------------------------------------------------
Immediately above where it tells that Sakuya's interests include telling fortunes, making him the cop, it was warns that his fortunes never come true. Which is why I didn't consider the role bastard, as it wasn't hiding anything, and it wasn't trying to conceal the sanity.

Good game everyone! Thanks AussieEevee and Zexy for hosting!

Did you enjoy the game?

Yes

Did you agree that the roles chosen suited the characters?

Yes, it was well done.

Do you like the Bonanza format? Do you have any suggestions for modifications to this format?
Yeah, it's a fun format that doesn't affect the game itself too much, unlike chaos.

What was your favourite part of the game?
Probably OC chat with Elie.

VGB was light on flavour, but I did put some effort into it. What did you think of the flavour text in this game? Do you have any suggestions for improvements to flavour?
It was light but good. The image of Zexy as a Torchic swinging a hammer is hilarious.

Are you interested in the follow up game to this one?
Sure

Do you have any other comments, suggestions or thoughts?
We would have won if you had listened to me!
I know that feeling bro.
I was worried someone might be trying to deceive Cheff, so I kept trying to get him to share his thoughts with me in OC. He refused to tell me much, even after I was "confirmed" town, until the very end when it was too late. I warned him to be cautious with Darth on multiple occasions but he kept assuring me the information he was getting could be trusted. Being town leader doesn't mean you try to solve the game by yourself. But I've lectured him enough about that already. Props to Elementar though, he's the only mafia member I couldn't pin down, even as Elie was trying to convince me he was scum. Darth has also improved a lot since my first game with him.
@TheCapsFan @Slife It seems that near the end you didn't commute/protect, why?
I protected Cheff the last night. The end basically came down to a 50/50. If the NK was blocked town wins (since it was obvious who was scum by that point), if the kill is successful it's a tie/loss (I forgot TWR doesn't play by parity so I thought it'd count as a loss for town). At the end Cheff and I tried to feign an argument to bait the kill onto Cheff while I protect him. Out of curiosity, can you provide a record of your nightkills?

Props to Elementar though, he's the only mafia member I couldn't pin down, even as Elie was trying to convince me he was scum.

The reason Elieson and CoG were suspicious of me was because Elieson approached me saying that I wasn't a town member because his role failed. Assuming he was telling the truth, I claimed ITP. I didn't really give him any more details, but I told CoG I was a lyncher. That's all I told them, so their suspicions were correct.

I was worried someone might be trying to deceive Cheff, so I kept trying to get him to share his thoughts with me in OC. He refused to tell me much, even after I was "confirmed" town, until the very end when it was too late. I warned him to be cautious with Darth on multiple occasions but he kept assuring me the information he was getting could be trusted. Being town leader doesn't mean you try to solve the game by yourself. But I've lectured him enough about that already. Props to Elementar though, he's the only mafia member I couldn't pin down, even as Elie was trying to convince me he was scum. Darth has also improved a lot since my first game with him.
It's funny, he told me he had a small suspicion on you. He trusted me more than you somehow.
Thanks, honestly. Ah yes, Holiday 2016 that was a grea game. It was my first and you tricked me well enough there.

At the end Cheff and I tried to feign an argument to bait the kill onto Cheff while I protect him. Out of curiosity, can you provide a record of your nightkills?
Cheff also tried that IRL, but it didn't matter. Our plan was pretty much set.
Sure let me get them for you in a moment.

N1
Rolecop: SoaringDylan
Doctor: MegaPod12
Roleblock: Lone_Garurumon
Send Elementar to Kill: Slife

N2
Rolecop: TheCapsFan
Doctor: TheCapsFan
Roleblock: TheCapsFan
Send MegaPod12 to Kill: Slife

N3
Send MegaPod12 to Kill: Lone_Garurumon
Block: Elieson
Rolecop: Elieson
Use Mass OC Blocker

N4
Send Elementar to kill: Elieson
Rolecop: Zachie

N5
Rolecop: Slife
Kill: Slife

N6

N1
Rolecop: SoaringDylan
Doctor: MegaPod12
Roleblock: Lone_Garurumon
Send Elementar to Kill: Slife

N2
Rolecop: TheCapsFan
Doctor: TheCapsFan
Roleblock: TheCapsFan
Send MegaPod12 to Kill: Slife

N3
Send MegaPod12 to Kill: Lone_Garurumon
Block: Elieson
Rolecop: Elieson
Use Mass OC Blocker

N4
Send Elementar to kill: Elieson
Rolecop: Zachie

N5
Rolecop: Slife

N6
Oh, I'm honoured to be your first roleblock. Tell me, what was it that got you so terrified of me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom