• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AussieEevee's Video Game Bonanza - Endgame

What kind of RNG would you prefer?

• Bonanza style - Characters are RNGed and assigned to teams, then roles are assigned.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Chaos style - Roles are assigned to characters then RNGed, which could result in mafia cop (and stuf

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the confusion, I meant by play style the reacting part many people accuse me of overreacting in previous games.
I can see how Sword Master can be perceived as jumpy, but he does make a good point. Especially since this is the only thing Caps even posted before he accused SM for "punishing" him:

Vote: TheCapsFan

You were not scumhunting at that point in the game, even though that's apparently what SM was "punishing" you for. Your overreaction is much more severe to me.
This, and I don't buy this serious business, the question he asked was why he was punished for hunting scum when he wasn't even hunting and hadn't done anything of note. so yeah if that isn't overreaction on a jokevote then I don't know what is.

Yes, please @Yours Truly , do clarify.

Apparently Megapod always jokevotes JD? Is that a meta thing?
It is worth noting the rest of Caps post is bare bones as considering the time of day, but I like to point out that Caps calling out Yours Truly when their where already 2 people already notified her, was that part really needed?

You really have nothing else to say though? No thoughts on the Caps/SM discussion currently underway?
I don't have much say that isn't purely based on gut instinct, though I do find Swords' recent claim that Caps might be scum based on the 'bare-bones' post he made and 'calling me out' when someone already had... off, shall we say. I'll give you my further thoughts on this debarcle as it continues. Or if I re-read the thread, which we all know isn't likely to happen.

Everybody, I have a role that can target someone at night and if I hit a specific role I get a Mason chat with them. My belief is that my target has a similar role, could he/she either say so in thread or target me the coming night.

Are you being serious? It was a simple joke vote, that had a simple excuse for a vote. Also I would like to point that although you feel that joke voting is wasting time and doesn't help in catching mafia, I would like to point out it is very important as gives the game activity early on, and gives the town information to go on which means a higher success rate of catching mafia, but I guess we will continue wasting your time.

I think my vote will remain as taking jokevotes seriously is very suspicious.

- Says that jokevotes are necessary to advance discussion/information
- Calls me out for taking jokevotes seriously

What's wrong with this picture?

Well, so much for trying to avoid a personal dilemma I always find myself in during Mafia games.

This is referring to the joke voting, right?

Yeah, but it's because of him being oddly quick to defend himself from a joke, not just discourage the joking in general.

Actually, my goal was a little bit of both, moreso to move on from the joking phase considering we'd had a page and a half of jokes at that point.

Everybody, I have a role that can target someone at night and if I hit a specific role I get a Mason chat with them. My belief is that my target has a similar role, could he/she either say so in thread or target me the coming night.
If there really is another role like yours, they should definitely not say so here, but just target you. No need for both masons to out. Assuming you are telling the truth of course.
Actually, my goal was a little bit of both, moreso to move on from the joking phase considering we'd had a page and a half of jokes at that point.
I can understand you wanting to move on but why did you feel the need to defend against a joke vote?
No, actually. I always find myself voting for one person there's a good case on, but then someone else makes a better case on another person, so I have to ask myself "switch or don't switch?".
Interesting, but if there really is a better case why wouldn't you switch?

Maybe I am overreacting a little and there are better ways to start than jokevotes although I ask CapsFan what he would suggest instead of jokevotes, but I find it really suspicious how serious he took a jokevote and in my experience people who react in that way are usually scum.
I'm not seeing how Caps overreacted or took the joke vote too seriously. If he had voted you in retaliation, then I could agree, but he just responded in a way that I don't see as overly jumpy or anything. He's said before that he isn't a fan of joke-voting. If anything, I think you're overreacting here and in post #82 to a short post from Caps that didn't even include a vote at you.

VOTE: Sword Master

- Says that jokevotes are necessary to advance discussion/information
- Calls me out for taking jokevotes seriously

What's wrong with this picture?
You know jokevotes and taking them seriously don't go hand in hand, jokevotes are to advance the game from the primary stage, and encourage activity.
FA I think overreacting is somewhat a part of my meta.

Day 1 and a quarter Votals
Day 1 and a quarter Votals

jdthebud 1: MegaPod12
TheCapsFan 1: Sword Master
SoaringDylan 1: Pikochu
Max1996 1: CheffOfGames
Skullcrow 1: jdthebud
Sword Master 2: Max1996, FinalArcadia

Phase ends in 36 hours (+13 minutes)

EDIT: I keep forgetting to put this but this game does contain hyper majority rules.

With 17 alive, 12 are needed for hyper majority.

Last edited:
This is an interesting concept. Since when were we punishing players who actually want to find mafia rather than wasting time?

We haven't. And fyi, that sounds very condescending as if you are trying totarget someone.

Arguably speaking, joke voting in the early stages of D1 does more then doing absolutely nothing.

Alright then, what do you suggest we do then? At the time, we have miller claim that could have been discussed at length but was instead put under the rug.

I agree with caps that it ain't the best solution to early activities but Sword Master might be over reacting a little.

So why are you going have Sword as if he was reacting like it's a complete attack then?

Maybe I am overreacting a little and there are better ways to start than jokevotes although I ask CapsFan what he would suggest instead of jokevotes, but I find it really suspicious how serious he took a jokevote and in my experience people who react in that way are usually scum.

Agreed.

I didn't detect sarcasm in Caps' post.

Same here. IN fact, his post is very loaded in a way that is meant to damn Sword Master either way.

And it's in my experience that people who blow up and overreact when called out are usually scum.

[citation needed that is relevant to this scenario]

Jokevoting isn't exactly pointless, but the activity it generates is rarely overly helpful without someone calling someone else out and checking for a reaction.

Fine. So what's your analysis and reaction with the activity so far?

*Pops back into existance to say that Yours Truly was not, in fact, bulls***ing you with that comment earlier - Yours Truly is indeed a Miller, and Yours Truly thought it best to say such as early as possible for some reason*

That is all. For now.

Fair enough. What do you have to say about where the game is going right now?

I'm not sure exactly which part you meant to be "your playstyle", but a lot of people jokevote too, but if no-one actually takes things seriously and asks a real question, D1 will end with either a No-lynch or a mislynch with no real leads generated (plus scum can easily make a vote early D1 and go "Just a jokevote lol"). Caps was our serious player this time

Why don't you be the first to an actual question then? All you're doing right know is telling people and not asking.

I can understand you wanting to move on but why did you feel the need to defend against a joke vote?

Given the loaded nature of Caps post, I'm not surprised Sword Master reacted the way here. did.

Unvote: SoaringDylan

F.O.S: TheCapsFan and Lone_Garururmon

Alright then, what do you suggest we do then? At the time, we have miller claim that could have been discussed at length but was instead put under the rug.
Doesn't seem like there is any CC to it, nor is there any information to go on (at least for me) atm regarding said claim. That's at least why I personally didn't pressure it more.

So why are you going have Sword as if he was reacting like it's a complete attack then?
What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom