• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AussieEevee's Video Game Bonanza - Endgame

What kind of RNG would you prefer?

• Bonanza style - Characters are RNGed and assigned to teams, then roles are assigned.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Chaos style - Roles are assigned to characters then RNGed, which could result in mafia cop (and stuf

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
First game-relevant post

Vote: MegaPod12
More lynchworthy than SM imo. SM's reactions feel genuine, MegaPod's seem forced.
Why do you think they are forced? Isn't he just reacting to the situation at hand? I actually think he's had pretty good explanations so far.

[Unvote] Skullkrow

Would like to hear from her on this day, I don't think she's posted since confirming, but obviously the time for joke votes is over.

Why do you think they are forced? Isn't he just reacting to the situation at hand? I actually think he's had pretty good explanations so far.
SM's was more of an OMGUS-vote in direct response to what he felt was Caps attacking him. MegaPod's reaction to Caps' post feels like he's nitpicking and trying to make it worse than it sounds, when it was clearly not meant to be taken that seriously.

You were not scumhunting at that point in the game, even though that's apparently what SM was "punishing" you for. Your overreaction is much more severe to me.
Caps didn't claim to be "scumhunting." He said he "wants to find mafia rather than wasting time" by getting the game moving along and away from the pointless joke vote phase. That's a reasonable thing for town to want. Where exactly is the "over" part of the overreaction?

Yeah, but it's because of him being oddly quick to defend himself from a joke, not just discourage the joking in general.
As Caps said, it wasn't a defense so much as an albeit snide response. His stance against joke votes seemed pretty clear.

Elementar, please. I wasn't trying to blow anything out of proportion. At first, Caps' post really didn't strike me as odd. But after the whole SM vs Caps thing started, I went back and read it again. After noticing the way he accused SM of punishing scumhunting with a joke vote, when Caps did even less than joke vote until that point, I can't help but see it as overly defensive. And I still fail to see any sarcasm in it.
Again this makes it sound like Caps was claiming to be active scumhunter with only one (game-relevant) post. Why would he make a joke vote if he's against joke voting? How does the post jump from "not striking you as odd" to "overly defensive" after one re-read?

The bolded text is what pings me about his responses feeling unnatural. Trying to make something out of nothing.

Since when were we punishing players who actually want to find mafia rather than wasting time?
Right here. He wasn't making any effort to "find mafia" yet. Meanwhile, Sword was commenting on a potential wagon. What does Caps call SM out for? HIS ONE JOKE VOTE, PEOPLE! Sword Master was already doing more game analysis than Caps! It's outright hypocritical!

I think it's just all going out of proportion. I don't think lynching SM is the right option.
MP and Caps, I'm not sure about yet. Their intentions seems good, but it also looks like a way to cause a lynchwagon on someone.

Honestly I still think there's something up with Sword Master because of his reactions to pretty harmless posts, but I don't really remember his usual playstyle so for the moment I'll take TheCapsFan's word on overreacting not being out of the ordinary for town!SM.

Of the other popular topics/lynch choices right now, I see nothing wrong with what TheCapsFan has posted other than that he hasn't voted at all, and MegaPod12 - while I disagree with his assessments of a few players - seems to be acting on his thoughts and I'm not seeing them as disingenuous or forced. He's been pretty proactive in voting, and on D1 it doesn't feel like scum behavior.

Pikochu, on the other hand... like Slife said, his big post was almost entirely parroting other thoughts that others have already given and he hasn't done much otherwise. He asks other people to give their thoughts, but really his post didn't have much new in it either. And post #117 was overall critical of TheCapsFan and Pikochu went on to FoS him, but let's be real, a FoS on D1 isn't helping much. He unvoted SoaringDylan, but never put that vote on someone else. FoS-ing Caps (and Lone_Garurumon, who hasn't rung any alarm bells for me yet either) feels like a half-hearted effort frankly and one that doesn't put him on any wagons.

UNVOTE: Sword Master
VOTE: Pikochu

Unvote: CapsFan
Maybe I did get a little too worked up, and I accept Caps explanation.

MegaPod12 said:
Right here. He wasn't making any effort to "find mafia" yet. Meanwhile, Sword was commenting on a potential wagon. What does Caps call SM out for? HIS ONE JOKE VOTE, PEOPLE! Sword Master was already doing more game analysis than Caps! It's outright hypocritical!

Sword Master said:
Unvote: CapsFan
Maybe I did get a little too worked up, and I accept Caps explanation.

Let's play spot the difference. Which of the two above sounds like the more reasonable and honest response? Brownie points for whoever gets it first.

Day 1 and three quarters votals
@TheCapsFan 1: Megapod12
@Sword Master 2: Max1996, Lone_Garurumon
@MegaPod12 2: Elementar, Slife
@Pikochu 1: FinalArcadia

As I said earlier, phase update this phase could be a couple of hours late. Phase still locks in 8 hours (-13 minutes)

Last edited:
Okay, the phase ends in just over 2 hours. I do want a lynch, and right now, we have a tie. I'll change, unless someone comes along and wants to join a BW.

UNVOTE: MegaPod12

VOTE: Sword Master

I'd prefer a Pikochu lynch though. Is anyone around to help?

So...do I get them if I were to say "Sword Master's"?
Townie points for you!

I unvoted Max
Do you not have anything other to add than your joke vote and claim?
I wanted to hold off on a Piko vote until he had the chance to post more, but he hasnt shown up since and a Piko lunch is better than no lynch or SM lynch so I'm down.

Unvote: MegaPod12
Vote: Pikochu

Okay, the phase ends in just over 2 hours. I do want a lynch, and right now, we have a tie. I'll change, unless someone comes along and wants to join a BW.

UNVOTE: MegaPod12

VOTE: Sword Master

Why do you want a Pikochu lynch over SM?

By my understanding people are suspicious of him because his only relevant post was just making a huge post that pretty much just re-stated a lot of previous stuff, and now that I look at it, didn't even vote from the end of it, which does ping me as suspicious. I am less certain of the SM lynch now, as he seems to have sufficiently calmed down, and I'm willing to give him a chance.

From what I've seen, I can work with a Piko lynch.
Unvote: Sword Master
Vote: Pikochu

@Pikochu I know there's not long left, but anything to say in your defence?

@jdthebud ^ LG basically said it. Piko CWACed, and then disappeared. When there were plenty of points to discuss, they just summarised what everyone else already said, and didn't provide a strong stance of their own. They asked others for their opinions, but just 'agreed' with others reasoning. It was weak.

UNVOTE: Sword Master

VOTE: Pikochu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom