• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AussieEevee's Video Game Bonanza - Endgame

What kind of RNG would you prefer?

• Bonanza style - Characters are RNGed and assigned to teams, then roles are assigned.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Chaos style - Roles are assigned to characters then RNGed, which could result in mafia cop (and stuf

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Pikochu, truth be told I was a little annoyed by the tone of
Caps post.

No, actually. I always find myself voting for one person there's a good case on, but then someone else makes a better case on another person, so I have to ask myself "switch or don't switch?".
Voting =/= Lynching. If you find someone suspicious and have a genuine reason for it then vote. The vote is literally town's greatest weapon. There's no limit to how much you can vote, so if your thought process and reads change, which they almost inevitably will if you are town who is scumhunting, naturally your votes are going to change too. If you know you are town and you are honest with yourself you shouldn't need to worry about what other's will think of you. Only scum are concerned with looking bad for jumping on wagons, which makes them easy to find.

FA I think overreacting is somewhat a part of my meta.
It always bugs me when someone tries to justify themselves with their own meta. Meta arguments against others are bad enough, but using your own meta to excuse your actions leads to endless WIFOM situations and is overall counterproductive.

This SM/CapsFan interaction is blow out of proportion imo. SM thinks joke voting helps generate activity while Caps is against them and wants the game to quickly move on from the joke-voting phase in favor of game-relevant discussion. It's just a difference in philosophy. What pings me more is the way suspicion was thrown onto Caps in the interaction. The way Piko, and MetaPod to a lesser extent, seems to sympathize with SM feels a bit off, almost as if to use the situation to start a wagon on Caps. Piko's post especially feels like filler because he's either restating or agreeing with a bunch of things and calling out people to share their thoughts without doing so himself. It's an odd first post because it doesn't feel like he's adding anything of his own to the discussion, but since it's only his first post I'll FOS: Pikochu until he posts some more.

If you know you are town and you are honest with yourself you shouldn't need to worry about what other's will think of you. Only scum are concerned with looking bad for jumping on wagons, which makes them easy to find.
I think that is exactly Max his fear. Doing something honest which others can see as a scum wagon jump. With the fear of not knowing how to defend himself.

VOTE: MegaPod12

Yeah, I'm surprised how much you really blew out Caps' statement out. It was hardly necessary, and I'm also surprised no one really called you out for it over SM. Caps hardly overreacted. I detected sarcasm, so I really think you're the one bringing it out of proportion.

Elementar, please. I wasn't trying to blow anything out of proportion. At first, Caps' post really didn't strike me as odd. But after the whole SM vs Caps thing started, I went back and read it again. After noticing the way he accused SM of punishing scumhunting with a joke vote, when Caps did even less than joke vote until that point, I can't help but see it as overly defensive. And I still fail to see any sarcasm in it.

Fine. So what's your analysis and reaction with the activity so far?
So far:
I believe YT's Miller claim, it was unprompted and in his first post, and nothing is giving me any reason to doubt it.
Max heh is looking like he always does, so nothing alignment indicative, but nothing making him more Towny either.
Caps looks fine, since he's the one who got the game rollin'. Scum could easily have just sat around and let the D1 clock roll down, but Caps actually tried to get things started. That in itself is worth Townie Points to me.
SM is still looking jumpy and overreact-y. Bringing out meta to defend himself is also not a point I agree with.
Pod doesn't look that bad to me, I don't agree with where he's going, but what he's saying makes sense from a logical standpoint.

[/QUOTE]Why don't you be the first to an actual question then? All you're doing right know is telling people and not asking.[/QUOTE]
Because I'm bad at starting things off. I acknowledge and admit it. I never know where to start.
Like, what kind of questions? Everything useful I can think to ask has either been asked or said already.

I just realized that my jokevote still stands (when did I make that....) so I'll Unvote: Max1996

I can understand you wanting to move on but why did you feel the need to defend against a joke vote?

It wasn't really a defense, but more of a response.

I really do not perceive it as a joke, and I don't think Caps ever said he meant it as one himself.

Actually, my goal was a little bit of both, moreso to move on from the joking phase considering we'd had a page and a half of jokes at that point.

So yeah, kinda snarky sarcasm, kinda "alright guys let's move on."

I agree with Slife's assessment of Pikochu (except that's not his first post, but whatever). It feels like CWAC by just asking questions and not really giving thought on anything directly in particular.

On the flip side, I don't think Sword Master is a good lynch. I understand his reasoning for his vote, and I understand what he means about the meta thing considering I've been playing with him since I started playing mafia, pretty much. I'd rather give him another shot and look more at Piko or MegaPod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom