• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Australasian 3DS pricing, release date set: Glasses-free 3D arriving March 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia $355
New Zealand $347

^can see it right here yours is slightly cheaper than ours

Wow.

Just wow.

Eh, I guess it was to compensate for the fact that we don't get in-store events (other than that secret key one...)

Damn thats expensive. Well, I just got a DSi XL, so I wasnt gonna get a 3DS for a few years anyways. At least by then I wont have to sell an organ to afford one. :/
Damn our ridiculously strong economy.

I'm glad we now have this article to show whiny Americans whenever they complain about their video games being "too expensive." Most of us don't seem to know just how nice we've got it.

The average UK price is evil as well: £219.99. Convert that into USD and you get $353.04 ($352.32 CAD). It really didn't help that our VAT was increased from 17.5% to 20% at the start of the year...

The UK game price is also £39.99, which is $64.16 (US), whereas the American game price is supposed to be between $35 and $45. They pretty much just swapped the currency symbols.

Shit thats a lot of money! I have enough but I'll hold back and just play the game on my DS lite and buy it when it's cheaper and I'm working so I have a cash income.

The average UK price is evil as well: £219.99. Convert that into USD and you get $353.04 ($352.32 CAD). It really didn't help that our VAT was increased from 17.5% to 20% at the start of the year...

The UK game price is also £39.99, which is $64.16 (US), whereas the American game price is supposed to be between $35 and $45. They pretty much just swapped the currency symbols.
I'm just wondering if that $35-45 is supposed to be more expensive because most games, unless they're the ones that no body buys are already that price here.

With these random price differences, I can see why they'd region-lock it, and why they decided to take the exchange rate into account for Canada. Canadians do a lot of shopping over the border...

I got to try the 3DS, Nintendo have a cheek charging this kind of cash for it. The 3D is unimpressive, the screen is about the same size as the original DS. I saw a 275AUD console at best, and that I believe is giving it too much credit.

Because Australia makes more money then most other places, so their products are always more expensive. Not just with this, but even simple toys like Transformers. Sucks to be an Australian sometimes, doesn't it? At least the way these price things are sometimes I think it would be Dx

We don't earn more money - we get taxed to make up for the 'higher' income that Australians apparently make, it works out the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom