• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Australia to be part of 2013 Pokémon Video Game World Championships: National Champio

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Australia to be part of 2013 Pokémon Video Game World Championships: National Championships to ...

For the first time, Australia will be part of Pokémon Video Game World Championships in 2013. The Pokémon Video Game Australian National Championships will be hosted by Nintendo Australia at PAX Australia. As PAX Australia is a sold out event, additional Pokémon Meet-ups will be held in most states; flights, accommodation and entry tickets to PAX Australia can be won at these events.

Read more on Bulbanews

SnorlaxMonster

Elite Bulbapedian
Reaction score
Re: Australia to be part of 2013 Pokémon Video Game World Championships: National Cha

I'll probably go to the Pokémon Meet-up at Deakin Edge – Federation Square. I doubt I'll get very far, but it should be fun.

Bittersweet

We're very concerned.
Reaction score
Re: Australia to be part of 2013 Pokémon Video Game World Championships: National Cha

Does it cost money to go to the Meet Ups, or do you just register at the door or something?

Fatima Shadow Frost Witch

Reaction score

This sounds like fun I'd like to go but probably won't

Bluecat

Caffeinated Pufferfish
Reaction score

I'd love to have a go, but would probably get owned by a bunch of really experienced competitive battlers.

Bittersweet

We're very concerned.
Reaction score

I'd love to have a go, but would probably get owned by a bunch of really experienced competitive battlers.
But at least you would've tried and interacted with other fans? Winning aint everything, at least you can say you were there when the future world champion won his first round.

SnorlaxMonster

Elite Bulbapedian
Reaction score

Does it cost money to go to the Meet Ups, or do you just register at the door or something?
Hopefully we get this kind of information in later reports. For now, you could just call Nintendo Australia on the phone number on the "contact us" page of their site.

CPU8

goggle it on the interweb
Reaction score

I'll be going to the Luna Park one. It'll be my first tournament too.

Bittersweet

We're very concerned.
Reaction score

Had a great time at the Brisbane meet-up. I made it into Round 4 before loosing, right before the semi-finals matches.

Couldn't keep up with all the StreetPass hits; too many! I definitely hope Australia will be having these things every year now, I'll definitely go again. :D

And the best part is it's free. I love how the crowd went "oooo" and "ahhhh!" at all the right times, and was very supportive of the players. Well done to the winners!! (if they happen to be members of Bulbagarden).