• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Australia to gets in-store Victini event: EB Games and Toys "R" Us to distribute ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Australia to gets in-store Victini event: EB Games and Toys "R" Us to distribute ...

While some Australians may choose to download Victini from the comfort of their own homes, an additional in-store event has been announced. It will take place at the same time as the earlier reported event.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Australia to gets in-store Victini event: EB Games and Toys "R" Us to distribute

So does this Victini have V-Generate, or is that a different event?

Re: Australia to gets in-store Victini event: EB Games and Toys "R" Us to distribute

I wonder why they can get such a widespread retail distribution (not only at 1 chain of stores, but 2) for a mere key item that's already going to be given out over the more easily-accessible Wi-Fi, yet they have yet to announce a Celebi event for Australia.

I wonder why they can get such a widespread retail distribution (not only at 1 chain of stores, but 2) for a mere key item that's already going to be given out over the more easily-accessible Wi-Fi, yet they have yet to announce a Celebi event for Australia.

That is baffling.

But then again, in 2009, they gave out the secret key at sylvia park here in new zealand, even though it was already available through wifi.

Already have one.

Where's my Celebi?

I know what I'll be doing then Mar 10 isn't that far off either so will be carrying an empty DSI-XL on the day when I pick-up B/W+LE Guide

Awesome!! I need to get White early then. :)

^I doubt you'll see it released before then might see it(very rarely)1-2 days before it sells but even then it's probably still a preorder only

Was I the only one who noticed the horrible grammar error in the title?

Australia to gets in-store Victini event

Because Pokemon Australia are a bunch of morons that get rich while sitting on stockpiles of stuff that the American and Japanese get while giving the fan base absolute garbage. Seriously, Pokemon Australia have worse standards to Koei and Koei have brought out six versions of the same game over a 10 year period, only update the graphics when switching consoles, and when they tried something different they royally screwed it up.

I mean the only reason we got the Crown Beast was because they were put on the Wi-Fi for the everyone that didn't get them.

If this is the way Pokemon Australia (or TPCI) are going to treat us, that loyal fans the put up with that not-so-great 3rd Gen games, and practically give us the same thing every Generation, I say; "Screw it, I'm not buying B&W. I'm putting my money on Dragon Age 2 or Dynasty Warriors 7".

Last edited:

Was I the only one who noticed the horrible grammar error in the title?

Argh, I'm sorry. Is it poor form to blame the earthquake?

Also, @minimag - totally did not know that we had an actual event in Auckland. How many other in-store events have been held in New Zealand?

I just want to point out that this is the first story I've reported for Bulbanews, and the first to make the "News" section on the Bulbapedia Main Page.

I feel so special. :)

WHY can we get a retail event for something that's already available over wifi, but NOT get a retail Celebi?!??! PLEASE EXPLAIN.

It's not the first time we've had two chain stores give away the event, nor the first time we've had an event available over Wi-Fi and in-store, but it is the first time we've had both.

This sucks, once again Austalia and rest of the world get Pokemon events, while New Zealand gets nothing, what a bunch of haters, i really wanted to get Arceus and other event stuff.

Oh well, can;t do anything about it, so might as well suck it up and wait for Pokemon Black and White. {Sighs}

This sucks, once again Austalia and rest of the world get Pokemon events, while New Zealand gets nothing, what a bunch of haters, i really wanted to get Arceus and other event stuff.

Oh well, can;t do anything about it, so might as well suck it up and wait for Pokemon Black and White. {Sighs}

... New Zealanders can get it from the wifi at launch, can't they?

Argh, I'm sorry. Is it poor form to blame the earthquake?

Also, @minimag - totally did not know that we had an actual event in Auckland. How many other in-store events have been held in New Zealand?

We did.

Although it was part of the Nintendo mall tour or something.

I am not aware of any other events though.

I really want to give Nintendo props for how well they are distributing these events. Hope this continues for future Pokemon games.

Looks like I'll have to give up hope for celebi then.=(
Though I'm still hoping for a late wifi event of it maybe......

Might be hoping on a lost cause though.

Looks like Nintendo Australia is already geared for 5th gen events and aren't bothered by 4th gen anymore. Oh well at least it's a Victini.

There is one small question that needs answering when we all get the Victini whether or not we need to have

A.beaten the game once?

or

B.gotten to a certain point in the game to access Liberty Garden?

There is one small question that needs answering when we all get the Victini whether or not we need to have

A.beaten the game once?

or

B.gotten to a certain point in the game to access Liberty Garden?

No, you do not need to have beaten the game. In order to get the Libery Ticket you simply need to have the recieved the Unova Pokedex.

Once you reach Castelia City you can use the Liberty Ticket to unlock the event any time you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom