• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Australian copy of Pokémon White found to work on a Japanese 3DS: Nintendo's region-l

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Australian copy of Pokémon White found to work on a Japanese 3DS: Nintendo's region-locking defied

Gaming writer Daniel Vuckovic has reported that his advance-release Australian copy of Pokémon White Version can be played on a Japanese Nintendo 3DS, despite the fact that DSi-enhanced games such as Pokémon Black and White Versions are region-locked.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Australian copy of Pokémon White found to work on a Japanese 3DS: Nintendo's regi

Wow, that's weird.

Re: Australian copy of Pokémon White found to work on a Japanese 3DS: Nintendo's regi

This is so awesome. If only the 3DS itself was not region locked.

Considering "Sonic Classics Collection" doesn't load in either a Japanese DSi/LL/3DS, this is rather intriguing. I'd like to see a Japanese copy be tested on a foreign 3DS console.

This is so awesome. If only the 3DS itself was not region locked.

Is it, though? Perhaps the region locking for BW only works on the DSi.

It has been confirmed by Nintendo that 3DS games are region locked.

I don't understand your question. I was just saying that I wish 3DS games weren't region locked.

Considering "Sonic Classics Collection" doesn't load in either a Japanese DSi/LL/3DS, this is rather intriguing. I'd like to see a Japanese copy be tested on a foreign 3DS console.
I've tried a Japanese copy of Black in an European 3DS. Didn't even show up where an English copy of SoulSliver did.

I've tried a Japanese copy of Black in an European 3DS. Didn't even show up where an English copy of SoulSliver did.

I smell something fishy about the blogger's story then.

O.0

This is just weird...

It may very well be possible that region protection was forgotten for one of the two, or the image was simply botched.

Hope this is true with a japanese game and autralian 3DS.

Then it's early game for me >:)

Hope this is true with a japanese game and autralian 3DS.

Then it's early game for me >:)

What Japanese DSi enhanced game that's yet to be released were you looking forward to?

Maybe the 3ds won't pick up on the dsi games' region locking. Since they're moving on from the ds/dsi, maybe they're sort of disregarding the region locking on older games

What Japanese DSi enhanced game that's yet to be released were you looking forward to?

Not any specific one.

If Grey is not 3DS enhanced.....

I think the locking is dependant on the game. The JP version is locked. It won't work on a non-JP DSi/3DS. However, the Australian version isn't locked. It works on a JP DSi/3DS despite being expected to work only on an Australian DSi/3DS. (By the way, it runs on the expected systems)

Region lock :mad:
Why Nintendo!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom