• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Australian copy of Pokémon White found to work on a Japanese 3DS: Nintendo's region-l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Australian copy of Pokémon White found to work on a Japanese 3DS: Nintendo's regi

Huh? I thought that the games and the 3DSs were region-locked. I guess not. Although I don't know their motivation for doing that, it probably has something to do with the fact that there are a lot of imports between regions.
DSi and 3DS are region-locked. For some reason English BW aren't region-locked though.

Re: Australian copy of Pokémon White found to work on a Japanese 3DS: Nintendo's regi

Whoa, man, that's COOL! :D

DSi and 3DS are region-locked. For some reason English BW aren't region-locked though.

Wow thats awesome. Why'd they have to region lock the Japanese ones though :/

Yeah, I just got my US copy of Pokemon Black in the mail today and can confirm that it loads the game icon and plays fine on my UK DSi.

Wow thats awesome. Why'd they have to region lock the Japanese ones though :/

They are trying to keep kids from getting the games early. Of course, you can still buy a Japanese DSi/3ds for a high price, but don't expect your gamestop to buy it. You would have to sell it at an independent game store if you wanted to.

They are trying to keep kids from getting the games early. Of course, you can still buy a Japanese DSi/3ds for a high price, but don't expect your gamestop to buy it. You would have to sell it at an independent game store if you wanted to.

i wouldnt sell my japanese game anyway

i really think its unfair that they region locked the games because i have a japanese DSi and i would of loved to play my english version when i got it but im also happy that i can play my japanese white on it

HURR MONIE$$$

(and Australia is a complete joke in the gaming community as it stands right now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom