• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Australian Pokemon Movies 4 and 5 DVDs

Traveller

Reaction score
Hey

Just thought I'd post a new thread about this instead of bumping a really old one. I recently bought the new DVD releases of Pokemon films 4 and 5 here in Australia. I had considered buying the UK two pack, but with those not looking all that great to begin with, I just decided to buy the DVDs locally instead of importing.

Anyway, both DVDs seem to be flagged by the player as 4:3. 4Ever seems to be correct when the TV is set to 16:9, however Heroes is cropped 4:3 unfortunately. Comparing Heroes to the screenshots people posted here years ago of the Blu Ray version, the DVD I have actually appears far less blue, it seems a fairly big difference, although it does look as though the colours are still wrong. But its cropped so its a moot point anyway.

I just thought I'd post about it in case someone else somewhere was thinking about simply grabbing the DVDs.

Anyone else confirm my findings? The DVD entries on Bulbapedia state both are 16:9.

The aspect ratios listed on the Bulbapedia page are for the original Buena Vista releases. The Reel DVD releases that you would have gotten don't currently have listed aspect ratios, but JB Hi-Fi says they are both 4:3. I'll add that to the page now that it's known.

Can you confirm whether the Reel DVD releases of Movies 4 and 5 have Pikachu shorts on them? The original Buena Vista release of Movie 5 has Camp Pikachu, but the Reel DVD release doesn't promote it so I assume it doesn't. (The Australian Buena Vista release of Movie 4 doesn't have a Pikachu short, but the movie did come with a short in the US and Japan, so it's feasible for the Reel DVD release to include one.)

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom