- Oct 17, 2018
- Reaction score
I’d like to register as a writer, please.
Is there a deadline for judge registration as well? I'm interested in judging, but if possible first I want to know how many works I'll have to read in those three weeks.
That event sounds amazing! From what I understand anyone can be a judge but, do you have to meet any requirements? I'm interested in the role .
That's okay! As long as it fits the theme, and as long as it can stand on its own.Out of curiosity, am I able to enter a “side story” chapter of a fic? I write my stories within the same fic universe and they all get posted to the same thread. It’s completely standalone, but I’d love to be able to keep it contained with the rest of my “Journey-Verse” stories.
I would love to register as a writer! Wattpad has thoroughly prepared me for this moment! I will try my best and strive to be the best trainer I can be!Good September, authors! Announcing our Autumn event this year - a fresh one-shot competition, this year themed for Hallowe'en!
The brief explanation is that it will last two months, each entrant gets to write a short story under this theme, and everybody gets a bunch of reviews. For more details, see the full rules below. Regular participants will no doubt find these familiar:
Naturally, all normal forum and section rules apply, and please conduct yourselves with good sportsmanship.
- The theme is "Hallowe'en" Your entry should be appropriate to that theme, although you're welcome to take it in any direction you like. We're looking to receive stories which about unconventional approaches to problems and protagonists in unusual situations, but the context, genre, tone, and so on are up to you.
- The wordcount cap is 10,000 words. To hold everyone to the same standard, please check your wordcount using this link.
- You have two weeks to register as an entrant, starting immediately and ending 23:59 GMT on 15th September. Use this time to come up with a plan for your story.
- You have eight-nine weeks to write your entry, starting now, with the posting deadline being within 48 hours of 23:59 GMT on 30th October.
- Do not post your story until the last two days. To afford roughly equal time for reading to the community and judges, please publish your entry within 48 hours of the deadline. Publish your work in its own thread, and post a link here.
- Judging/voting will last three weeks. Judging will conclude at midnight GMT 21st November. The panel of judges will read and judge every entry, and pick a winner in each of two categories, these being overall writing quality and use of the competition theme. There will also be a community-wide vote for a third category, best overall story. You don't have to review to vote, but even a few short comments would go well-appreciated!
- Please register your interest in judging here. By registering as a judge, you promise to read and judge every entry in the competition in a timely fashion, and not to provide beta-reading services to other entrants.
- The winners will be selected using weighted multiple choice voting. In other words, you give 5 points to your first pick, 3 points to your second choice, and 1 to your third. Naturally, you may not vote for yourself.
Remember to register as a participant and/or judge before the deadline, feel free to ask me anything if you have questions, and lastly, good luck to all who get involved! It will be my pleasure to read every single entry.
Torchic W. Pip
Lightning Flame Blast
Hey everyone!I would love to register as a writer! Wattpad has thoroughly prepared me for this moment! I will try my best and strive to be the best trainer I can be!
Good Luck to everyone!
I'm going for Champion!