• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Event Autumn 2023 One-Shot Announcement

It also does not have to involve trick-or treating, right? Just something that is a tradition that is done on Halloween?

Trick-or-treating is extremely Halloween-based, so you might risk going out of theme by doing that. It’s not a definitive no, but there would be a good chance it would turn into a “standard” Halloween story.

So any Halloween tradtions are fair game?

The actual prompt is “spooky season”, so any event that has similar themes to Halloween — like honoring and celebrating the dead/ancestors — is fair game. Basically, any celebration that isn’t the strict Western Halloween as we know it.

Was going back and forth on whether I should give this a try or not given I've not had the best track record for putting my ideas on paper but if I don't at least give it a shot I won't know if I can, and it certainly won't help me improve on my writing skills if I don't do anything... So I'm-a give this one a go if that's alright!

BTW, just to check real quick, is it alright if I post my entry to another site after the contest is over? I'd keep it exclusive to here beforehand though.

Last edited:
I apologise for such a question, but what exactly does "wordcount cup" mean? I understand that the length of a work cannot exceed 10,000 words, but should it be around this number, or could it be significantly shorter?

I apologise for such a question, but what exactly does "wordcount cup" mean? I understand that the length of a work cannot exceed 10,000 words, but should it be around this number, or could it be significantly shorter?
It means that it can be no more than 10,000 words. You can have it be as long or as short as you want, as long as you don't go over 10,000 words.

Coming up with a title for the story is quite tricky. It was easy for last year's contest, simply because that story was based on an event that happens in Majora's Mask.

The idea for my entry actually revolves around a particular dungeon in LoZ. Not my first time doing that. I did a story which revolved around the Great Deku Tree in Ocarina of Time.

I would like to sign up as a last-minute writer. I was considering despite work and school being a drag, but I think I got a solid idea and would like to go through with it. I hope I can put it out on time but I think I got a solid plan in my head that can give me a good footing for it.

After October 30 11:59 PM GMT (Britain) / October 30 4:59 PM PDT (Pacific Coast America) / October 31 8:59 AM JST (Japan), the deadline for your one-shots will end! Please submit your stories as their own separate threads in The Writer's Workshop, title them as contest fics, and provide a link here or in the discussion thread!

Thank you, and good luck!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom