• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Avatar and Signature Check Thread

Is my new signature okay?

Last edited:
Sadly it isn't... the filesize of both GIFs add up to 6.8ish megabytes (6800 kilobytes), and we have a limit of 500 kilobytes here. Maybe try to use still images instead of GIFs maybe?
That's okay. I'm changing it anyway.

Edit: I changed it like I said I was going to. Is this new one better?

Last edited:
Is it the size of the gif, or the gif itself? If the former, I'll just make it smaller then.
The gif's filesize, basically? not the dimensions but how much storage it takes up. We allow up to 500 kilobytes, and yours right now is 1.2 megabytes, which is 1200 kilobytes.

If you can find a way to compress it, that'd work! Some people do figure out how to do gif banners but well... it's hard sometimes I guess...
I'm not really sure I understand what you mean by "compress" it. But I do have one last question for you regarding alterations to its size. Is it okay now? Like, is it small enough?

So basically, I gotta ixnay it completely then?
Not necessarily! I've resized and compressed it to be within all our guidelines; this version of it is only 487KB, and still under 160 pixels tall. You can feel free to use this one in your signature, if you like! :)
DkjS8y2.gif

To copy-paste into your signature:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/DkjS8y2.gif[/IMG]

Compressing images basically just means to scale them down and sometimes reduce the number of colors or frames in them. Stuff you can all do instantly with something like Ezgif!
Scaling images down with our forum signature editor will display them smaller, but it won't actually make the image file size smaller - it's still a big gif, just shown at a little resolution! By compressing it, it'll still retain most of its image quality, but will be much easier to load on slower connections.

I'm not really sure I understand what you mean by "compress" it. But I do have one last question for you regarding alterations to its size. Is it okay now? Like, is it small enough?
dimensions≠filesize.
1670563753957.png
that's your signature. the dimensions themselves are fine, and I think they were okay in your previous revisions too. that's not the issue? like, the... size of it. the storage space of the gif itself.

and there are online tools that might help you to compress it if you're really wanting that one, just look up 'gif compressor online' or something, and make sure the result is at or under 500 kilobytes~~

please disregard this, oki came to the rescue~

Not necessarily! I've resized and compressed it to be within all our guidelines; this version of it is only 487KB, and still under 160 pixels tall. You can feel free to use this one in your signature, if you like! :)
DkjS8y2.gif

To copy-paste into your signature:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/DkjS8y2.gif[/IMG]

Compressing images basically just means to scale them down and sometimes reduce the number of colors or frames in them. You can do all of that instantly with something like Ezgif!
Scaling images down with our signature editor will display them smaller, but it won't actually make the image file size smaller - it's still a big gif, just shown at a little resolution! By compressing it, it'll still retain most of its image quality, but will be much easier to load on slower connections.
Thanks so much for the assistance, I think I'll do just that. :)
dimensions≠filesize.
View attachment 166286
that's your signature. the dimensions themselves are fine, and I think they were okay in your previous revisions too. that's not the issue? like, the... size of it. the storage space of the gif itself.

and there are online tools that might help you to compress it if you're really wanting that one, just look up 'gif compressor online' or something, and make sure the result is at or under 500 kilobytes~~

please disregard this, oki came to the rescue~
Thank you also for your help! :)

Back
Top Bottom