• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia - Book 1: Water Chapter 10 - The feeling is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you enjoy the game?
NO!

:p

What did you think of the setup/balance?

A revive power? More or less right after I joined?

Did you like the flavour?

It was good.

What do you think of the game being bastard?

Where was the bastard element?

What did you think of the Full Moon mechanic?

That was what gave me the revive power, wasn't it? It was interesting.

We are planning to continue this series into book 2 and 3. Would you consider joining that (not a reservation, just checking interest)?

No.Sorry, but I'm supposed to be retiring from playing... Just wrapping up SHB before I do

>.< Unless you can get Maniacal Engineer to join, that is :p

What would you like to see change/stay in the upcoming game?

MORE CHAOS!

Thanks to @AussieEevee for reviving me too. I was a little disappointed with a surprise Day 1 lynch.
heh. Not a problem. I had a look over the role PMs and powers of all the dead townies up to that point, and I wasn't allowed to revive HD... Your power seemed powerful, so you were the obvious choice.

which shouldn't be aware of their insanity generally. Otherwise it's just a normal cop with a little extra thinking :p
We added it for the combination with Sokka's Super Tracker, which gives them the result of the person they tracked. This way Sokka would get the Fire Nation result on a townie and vice versa.
Where was the bastard element?
The unknown Cult was the bastard element

I enjoyed the game. I want to say thanks to Darthwolf and CheffOfGames for making me a townie. I had alot of fun being the Super Tracker and I'm sure you both had fun watching me be the Super Tracker. I have watched other players play as a Tracker and I have never seen a Tracker player played as good like I did. I successfully caught two mafia and on Day 4, I admit I did defend Pika Pika because he made a really good defense saying that Kharixi visited Zyar and this makes no sense because Zyar claimed Miller, Kharixi claimed to be the Cop and why would a cop want to check a Miller? On Day 4, something was telling me that Kharixi was lying and I started thinking he must be the mafia Rolecop and in the end, Kharixi turned out to be a terrifying Cult Leader that's a threat for the townies.

The setup and balance were good.

I really liked the flavour on what happened when HumanDawn died and that's how I was able to catch Cilantro as the Godfather and the flavour after we caught Zuko, it felt like all the Fire Nation were captured and yet, something still did not feel right and it turned out Kharixi really was a threatening independent.

This is my first Bastard game and I did not know what to expect in this game. I had a feeling some weird plot twist was going to happen when Bastard was mentioned.

I really liked the Full Moon concept on how it helped me catch Cilantro as the Godfather and that's something you would never see in a Mafia game.

I would be interested on coming back for a book 2 and 3.

The changes I would like to see next time, no Cult Leaders please. Cult Leaders are so terrifying to the townies and hard to lynch.

Congratulations, Town! You played well and were super strong. Cult leader giving up is kind of disappointing, as well as the lack of use, but I was a worse Cult Leader in the FE: Fates game. @Jinjo be careful what information you share in the thread. Telling the entire thread who you will track can make things harder to gauge. Not that it end up mattering that much if any, but sometimes it's best to not show what you know to try to incriminate the opponent further when what they say does not match with what you know.

@Zyar actions can speak louder than claims, I doubt I would have lynched you just because you didn't claim Miller Day 1. I disagreed with your vote on Lone_Garurumon over jdthebud but you were playing well, even went against Pika who was one of my scum reads.

I feel like I played very half-heartedly this game, I wasn't really that emotionally invested for me to put more effort and was busy playing Breath of the Wild. My plan was to get nightkilled but I felt like I could attract one anyway with the Mafia maybe thinking I was an important PR or something. This was a good warm up, though!

@CheffOfGames can I have access to the Mafia chat? Those are always the juiciest post-game stuff as Town.

I still don't understand why Elementor thought I was being scummy when Kharixi claimed to be the town Cop visiting Zyar who claimed to be the Miller and this really makes no sense.

• Did you enjoy the game?
Yep.
  • What did you think of the setup/balance?
I got the worst role, so it stunk!!
...jkjk, it was alright I guess. Although I think the Cult Leader should have gotten a little more power (only Recruit and 1 Deathproof? That's it?), or something.
  • Did you like the flavour?
Yep!
  • What do you think of the game being bastard?
Welllll sometimes I like bastard games, sometimes I don't... but this one was alright.
  • What did you think of the Full Moon mechanic?
Y'all are bastards. :p
  • We are planning to continue this series into book 2 and 3. Would you consider joining that (not a reservation, just checking interest)?
Sure! (Maybe I'll watch Avatar by then, haha...)
  • What would you like to see change/stay in the upcoming game?
I don't know why, but I like independents, so that staying would be nice... not sure what else (other than maybe bastard again :p).

I didn't get that because I was dead when the full moon happened right?
Correct

Yeah. I haven't watched much of the show, but I liked it.
But Elementar and Avatar sound like things that are intertwined :p

insane cop (which shouldn't be aware of their insanity generally. Otherwise it's just a normal cop with a little extra thinking :p)
It was to cause the confusion with the super tracker and balance that role a bit.

I'll give more details on my thoughts of the game later when I'm on my pc.

@CheffOfGames can I have access to the Mafia chat? Those are always the juiciest post-game stuff as Town.
You know im also here :p
I'll add you to both mafia and indep. Max chat size is 10 iirc so if anyone else wants to join let us know. I'll also let others be able to add people.

You know im also here :p
I'll add you to both mafia and indep. Max chat size is 10 iirc so if anyone else wants to join let us know. I'll also let others be able to add people.
I just added everybody to the Mafia and Cult chats

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes. It was entertaining.

I would rather not comment on the balance in a bastard game.

I don't know the premise and didn't pay much attention to the FT. Sorry. :p

Bastard games are a different species. You both did a great job at hosting it.

Interesting as a mechanism but it was disastrous for our team. Killing HD instead of Jinjo was an error on my part, which was a huge factor in us losing the game. Sorry Jd and Cilantro. :(

We are planning to continue this series into book 2 and 3. Would you consider joining that (not a reservation, just checking interest)?

Sure. I'd be interested.

That's totally your call. I'll play with whatever you put forth us.

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes, it was very entertaining and fun
It was different, and that's what I liked about it, it's not often we have a cult in a mafia game so that was an awesome surprise.
Yes.
I loved the fact that it was bastard.
It was something new and exciting, I enjoyed it
Yes
I would love for the game to stay as bastard it was, and I enjoyed the new mechanics.

We added it for the combination with Sokka's Super Tracker, which gives them the result of the person they tracked. This way Sokka would get the Fire Nation result on a townie and vice versa.

Ah, okay. That's cool.

I still don't understand why Elementor thought I was being scummy when Kharixi claimed to be the town Cop visiting Zyar who claimed to be the Miller and this really makes no sense.

I thought they were scummy as well, and your overall confusing behaviour, flip flopping and your defence on Pika made me think you were scummy as well.

But Elementar and Avatar sound like things that are intertwined :p

Well, my username literally is a combination of element and avatar, so I think I need to be Aang in all games don't I? xD

I'm not much of answering questions, so I'll just say the game was fun. Mafia and the Cult were so unlucky, though. But I think my overthinking of the different scenarios and finally deciding we go for noworry instead of anyone else was what made the cult lose in the end, so I'm a bit frustrated about that.

Flavour was wonderful. I suck at understanding balance so I won't comment on that.

Lastly, thanks for the game to the hosts. It was a good way of taking a break from all the schoolwork I have.

Oh, and congrats to Town.

Sorry for nk’ing you, HD. As you’ve probably seen, you weren’t my first choice.

The game was fun, though I’d like to have town in my next game, since maybe then I might survive more than 3 days. Gg to town!

I really liked the flavour on what happened when HumanDawn died and that's how I was able to catch Cilantro as the Godfather and the flavour after we caught Zuko, it felt like all the Fire Nation were captured and yet, something still did not feel right and it turned out Kharixi really was a threatening independent.

This is my first Bastard game and I did not know what to expect in this game. I had a feeling some weird plot twist was going to happen when Bastard was mentioned.

I really liked the Full Moon concept on how it helped me catch Cilantro as the Godfather and that's something you would never see in a Mafia game.

Uhm, it didn't, though. You "caught" Cilantro because you got noworry's result, who was insane cop. That's why noworry was defending him so hard and why you were oh sooo convinced she was mafia too that day phase. You didn't seem to understand completely how your role worked until the very end.
Cilantro shouldn't have been lynched on the grounds that he did, so I kind of understand his frustration and stress.

Remember to show Good Sportmanship
Hey everyone, please don't be a poor winner or a poor loser, neither excessive bragging or complaining about the results or about each other are examples of good sportmanship. These games are supposed to be fun, I know things can kind of get a bit tense and overwhelming during games but remember to be respectful towards one another both during the game and when discussing it after the game has finished :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom