• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia - Book 2 Earth (Sign-Ups)

Opening Post

CheffOfGames

Just some random guy on a random site
Reaction score
Welcome to Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia, Book 2: Earth

18011447_872250862913072_5691356151426318336_n.jpg

Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar, master of all four elements, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed and my brother and I discovered the new Avatar, an airbender named Aang. And although his airbending skills are great, he has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Aang can save the world.

Previously on Avatar:

After Aang had run away from the Southern Air Temple on Appa and flew north they ended up in an iceberg for 100 years. Eventually Katara and Sokka found him and got him out of there where they told him that the Fire Nation had attacked and conquered most of the world. To win the earth back Aang now had to train in the bendings of Water, Earth and Fire so he could become strong enough to fight the Fire Lord.
This led our group past the Southern Air Temple where Momo joined the team and to the Earth Kingdom city of Omashu where they beat Admiral Zhao in a short fight. Katara then had the realization that there might still be Water Benders on the North Pole to help Aang learn Waterbending. As they got there they sought out the Waterbending Master there, Pakku, and convinced him to teach Aang as Katara went and trained her Healing abilities. A while later Zuko appeared on the North Pole as well and killed the Moon Spirit, taking the ability to Waterbend away from everyone until Yue sacrificed her life to give back to the Moon which allowed the Water Benders to catch the Fire Benders by surprise. Zuko meanwhile ran away and the team went after him and they found him unconscious in a snowstorm, they delivered him to the Northern Water Tribe and finally set out to finally get Aang an Earth Bending teacher.

1. Forum and War Room Rules always apply.
  2. Day phases will last 48 hours and Night phases will last 24 hours, but may be shortened at the hosts' discretion if the length is redundant. Votes and actions will be locked as soon as the deadline for each phase passes. Votes/actions at :00 count, those at :01 don't. If the host(s) are sure that they won't be able to update, they may extend the phase in question straight from the beginning.
  3. Please be active. You may be subbed out if you haven't made a game-relevant action for 72 hours. If no sub is available to take your place, or you keep not performing game-relevant actions for the next 72 hours, you may be modkilled. The aforementioned deadlines may be shortened on the host(s)' discretion, in case where waiting for that long would disrupt game integrity too much.
  4. Nameclaiming is not allowed. No quoting or screenshots of any conversation with the host. This includes exact wincon wording and posting fake data that supposedly comes from said sources.
  5. If you change your username mid-game, please state your old and new ones in-thread and mention the host(s).
  6. To vote, use the following format: "VOTE: <PLAYER>". To unvote, use "UNVOTE: <PLAYER>". A tie in the plurality of votes will result in no Lynch.
  7. Rules are subject to change. The host(s) will make sure to mention you if that happens. Your Role PM may also list exceptions to any of these rules.
  8. No loophole abuse at all, please. You may ask the host(s) if a specific action you are unsure over would be considered a loophole in private and they may let it slide. However, obvious loopholes that are clearly outside the nature of the game abused without informing the host(s) beforehand may be faced with a zero-tolerance policy.
  9. It will be announced when the phase could possibly be the last phase.
  10. Outside communication (that is, communication that is not provided by the hosts) is not permitted.
  11. After dying in the game, you may post more but said posts may not contain game-relevant information. Please avoid posting more than once or posting pointlessly.
  12. If the game has reached a stalemate state either by accident or by players intentionally idling kills, it will end as a tie for the parties involved.
  13. To show that you've read the rules, please tell us your favourite Element.
  14. This is a bastard game so anything can happen. We let our imagination run wild :p
  15. Every element has it's own power, stay tuned to know which power this is and if you have one.
  16. The most important rule. Have fun!
The game may contain bastard elements.

This game is a sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia, Book 1: Water and is related to Season 2 of the TV Series Avatar: The Last Airbender but no knowledge of either is required to play this game.

Players:
  1. @ZinnLav
  2. @jdthebud
  3. @noworry

Subs:
Informed Observers:
Hosts: @DarthWolf & @CheffOfGames
MoD: @DarthWolf

Last edited:
Also what's a bastard element?
It basically means a few things. One is that the host can lie to the player. F.e. Having a cop who is secretly insane but isn't told so in their role PM is a simple example.
Another thing would be the inclusion of a Cult, a 3rd party group that can recruit people and therefore change their win condition.

If you want more info, I recommend you check out this page.

ohoho, that sounds evil and will make it more fun.

I looked through the entire Book 1 thread, the twists in that especially with the 1-Way Lover seeing the Insane Cop results.
Also shouldn't the thread title have (Sign-Ups) in it or am I wrong? >_>

Interesting, what makes earthbenders cooler than firebenders? Fire is also my favorite irl and I'd still pick fire as a bending.
Don’t worry I’ll go to bed soon

So first, I rule out firebending because it’s quite distructive. I think it’s beautiful in many ways and the whole lore behind it is interesting but it’s just not something I’d want myself, as I’d fear hurting someone. I feel like it has a lot of responsibility that comes with. I do love it but it isn’t my favourite.

Earth I love because it lets you create stuff (you could easily make yourself a shelter if skilled enough) and it expands over to metal and sand. I also have to mention that Toph is one of my favourite characters because if the way her bending is handled. She’s blind and generally seen as helpless, but through earthbending she shows a lot of determination and skill. She even uses earthbending to see, and can see things others can’t. It’s very inspiring.

Only if you like living dangerously, my friend.

Sorry to everyone who signed up but we'll be closing this a few days early , mostly due to lack of sign ups. We'll archive this and return to it at a later point. Your spots will be reserved for that game.

Back
Top Bottom