• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia [Game Over]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia [Night 1]

D: The first day went by too quickly. Sorry for being late.

Some people want to kick ass and take names, but that does not make them scummy.

lizzxxk: I am all for kicking ass and taking names, but Tsu specifically mentioned people dying and was being excited about that.

IMO, I don't doubt that a death can give us a lot of info. Thus I don't really find the above comments by Tsutarja or lizz of any particular meaning other than that they prefer to play aggresively. Nothing more or less.

In the end, no one died on the first day phase, so I don't find them suspicious, yet.

@GM
Is there a role order? For example, which of these situations would happen? (the Night Moves chosen for this example is the Mafia's killing Night Move, and the Policeman's decection Night Move)

1. Policeman uses Night Move to find out someone's role, Policeman ggets killed by Mafia.

2. Policeman gets killed by Mafia, can't use Night Move.

Please just go welcome people... You really need PMs.

@GM
Is there a role order? For example, which of these situations would happen? (the Night Moves chosen for this example is the Mafia's killing Night Move, and the Policeman's decection Night Move)

1. Policeman uses Night Move to find out someone's role, Policeman ggets killed by Mafia.

2. Policeman gets killed by Mafia, can't use Night Move.

If that happened, I would still send the policeman the results. It wouldn't do them much good, however, because they'd be killed seconds/minutes later, and they cannot share information once dead.

And Avatar: The Legend of Korra? Heck yes! I'll totally be joining that mafia game. ^_^

The phase ends in about 2 hours and 20 minutes. Send in those night actions!

At 22 posts he should be able to PM by now...

By discussing, you can identify whether or not someone is being pro-town and actively trying to find scum, or trying to hide in the shadows and get by without getting lynched. Lynching "based on hypotheticals" does not become that much of a risk when you have some sort of evidence that backs up the lynch. If the lynchee ends up scum, then that's that. If they were town, then they were acting suspicious in the first place, and were for all purposes anti-town.

(It sounded less aggressive before my computer ate it and I had to rewrite it:)

Barring the unusual joker or the rare patriot who accepts his death as beneficial to the town, nobody likes to die. Nobody wants to stop playing (at least, on someone else's terms). I don't; do you? Hiding 'in the shadows' is a natural response -- for either town and mafia. What better way to stay alive than to be ignored by everyone?

What a convenient, inflexible, and protean policy. Who is to define what is 'anti-town' and what is 'pro-town' on a regular basis? Is there a committee where we decide on the day's policy? "Anti-town" could mean anything; an easy excuse to do whatever you want is therefore born, as long as your 'pro-town' ends justify the means. What sort of Robbespierrian definition is this, where you can launch any mafia claim at anybody for being what you call 'anti-town'?

Playing to suit your tastes is not the only mafia strategy. Mijzelffan's votes were (supposedly) manipulated. Could we eliminate him because he's 'anti-town'? A doctor or a cop might hide 'in the shadows' to avoid attention. Should we eliminate them because they didn't bandwagon with the rest of us? I created a role in a mafia game that gave innocents an incentive to vote off other innocents. I've played with inactive innocents who had fantastic roles -- and were voted off from 'anti-town' inactivity. I've seen mafia players lead or follow the town stage. What do these theoreticals mean to us, if we lynch your 'anti-town' and keep your 'pro-town'?

Person A random votes Person B (in a situation similar to me and Umeko).
Person B votes A back in retaliation.
Person C comes in and votes B because they believe that "I'm voting them because they're voting me" is a horrible reason for voting.
Person D and E agree, and also vote B.
A realizes that it's not good that a bandwagon on B starts up so fast, and votes E for joining it without anything new to contribute.
E gets angry and votes A in retaliation, causing C to also vote E. E gets more and more pressured, and frantically makes an illogical defense to get people to unvote, which which only causes other people to vote him as well. E eventually ends up lynched, and turns out to be scum.

Because E was being unreasonable, he was lynched. It should be clear that this result was reached even though there was no prior information pertaining to anyone's alignments.

Am I making sense? My point is, with discussion, we can come up with evidence towards people's alignments by the way they handle things. I guess I also want to say that people should have more conviction in their posts, and actually use their vote (which is town's greatest weapon). Anyone can point out "oh, this person is suspicious because of such and such" but you're not going to get anywhere if you go "but there's only like a 20% chance that this person is actually scum!!!" and then refuse to vote merely because of the probability. (I'm also at fault for not being able to make a proper vote, I guess.)

Suppose that player E was innocent. What then? (It's possible, just as your situation is genuinely possible.) Your process will not lead you to genuinely discover any mafia. It will just give you guesses. The odds are in favor of lynching innocents. I prefer not lynching and keeping the number of independent innocents who can benefit the town at their highest number.

The mafia will kill anyways; we'll have information on who to suspect by Day 2 anyways. Debating (as we are) is a good thing. Voting randomly is not.

Hiding 'in the shadows' is a natural response -- for either town and mafia. What better way to stay alive than to be ignored by everyone?

If you hide in the shadows, then you're not trying to win; you're trying to survive. Winning != surviving. To reach the goal of winning (lynching scum) you must participate.

Scum don't want to lynch scum, so they don't want to participate to reach that goal, and therefore will hide in the shadows. (obviously people are smarter than that but whatever, it's just theory.)

blah blah pro-town and anti-town shenanigans etc

This is silly. Use common sense. If I vote someone for being anti-town, but you don't think that person is anti-town, then vote me because my reasoning is illogical.

The odds are in favor of lynching innocents.

probability can go jump in a well

If there are five points of evidence that point to a guy being scum as opposed to, like, zero points that point to him being town, then obviously he should be lynched.

If he's town, then too bad. Evidence pointed towards him being scum, so it was still justified.

This is completely different from "random voting", which is voting people based on no evidence.

Sent a PM to every single player!
I let everyone know my character as well as my ability!
got a few responses,lets see how this ends!

Sourcandy, if you're town, that's a brilliant plan

but i need everyonne's help! D:
after getting enough information I'll create a QT with the results, then you guys can lynch me prove that I was innocent and that all the info I got is correct!
but for that to happen i'll need more responses!

So we are basically goin to get CC's on all of the main characters... I guess that will narrow it down.

So we are basically goin to get CC's on all of the main characters... I guess that will narrow it down.

damn, you've played mafia before. I haven't heard anyone else use CC before.

Sourcandy: don't post the roles Some players will obviously have more important roles than others, and giving a list of the characters essentially gives the mafia a hitlist. instead, just post the those who are counterclaimed with each other. For example, if Feli and Ryuu were CCed and you and I were CCed, you'd post:

Counterclaims

Feliciano and Ryuutakeshi

Sourcandy and hurristat

Last edited:

If this plan works out, that's a rather noble gesture SC, though I would have preferred the case of one confirmed party handling the info like in Phoenicks' game. It's a rather risky venture to hand over roles to an unknown player especially since yourself claimed identity that you gave me was different than the first one.

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Mafia [Day 2]

The temperature rose as the merciless firebenders backed her into a corner. A burst of flames enveloped the young girl's body, instantly killing the poor waterbender. Unfortunately for her, tonight there was no full moon...

Dear Umeko,

You are Katara, the Waterbender.

katara05.jpg

You’re the last waterbender of the Southern Water Tribe. Kind, gentle, and loving describe your personality; therefore, you must compliment one other member in your post at least once every day phase. Because the human body is composed of 55% - 60% water, you have the ability to control a member using bloodbending. To use your bloodbending, send me a PM the preceding night phase with the title “Bloodbending – Day X” and in the message put “Control: [USER]”. Whomever you vote during that day phase will also be the vote of the person you have chosen to control. You cannot control the same person two phases in a row.

You are allied with Team Avatar. You win if Team Avatar eliminates all members of the Fire Nation.

Hurristat has been kidnapped.

It is now Day 2, and you may vote. The phase change will occur at 8:00 PM CST (2:00 AM GMT) tomorrow.

CCed? What's that stand for?

And...damn...I didn't even notice much voting going on today...

Shit, I'm dead already? Laaaame. :/

Perhaps they chose to kill me due to my response to a certain PM?

(PS, Puppetmaster - could I be added to the sub list? I was really excited for this game. :/)

damn, you've played mafia before. I haven't heard anyone else use CC before.

Sourcandy: don't post the roles Some players will obviously have more important roles than others, and giving a list of the characters essentially gives the mafia a hitlist. instead, just post the those who are counterclaimed with each other. For example, if Feli and Ryuu were CCed and you and I were CCed, you'd post:

Counterclaims

Feliciano and Ryuutakeshi

Sourcandy and hurristat

I wont! XD
still waiting for more responses!
I have seen many of you online but never answered my PM, maybe your afraid of your role being exposed or your mafia! But many things can clear out today if I get more responses!
I have receive only around 6 PMs back and thats frustrating!

Last edited:

why did you put a * near mintaka?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom