• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Awesome Shiny Stories

Loconita

Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread like this so... (If someone did make a similar thread tell me so I can discontinue it)

So tell about a awesome shiny catching moment. It can include chaining, soft reseting and Masuda Method.

My awesome story was when I was chaining for a shiny Jigglypuff. My chain was at one. I reseted the radar and shiny patch showed up. False Swiped the shiny puff and caught her with a Heal Ball. The chain broke at five but I didn't really care. I was too happy that I caught her.

What's your story?

My awesome story is that I basically can beat, or at least tie, everyone's 'earliest shiny in a chain' story. XD

See, I was just starting a Gligar chain. I walked into the first patch (not a shiny patch, of course, that can't happen on the first activation of the Pokeradar) and it was a random, 1/8192 shiny Gligar. XD

So... Yeah, I have the earliest shiny you can get in a chain. XD

Unfortunately, as epic as that was, the chain broke at 10. >__>

- Tyros

Well, I suppose this is more random encounter than anything . . . but here's my ONLY shiny story to date.

Playing Ruby for no reason, and I was right outside of Fallarbor (near the waterfall, if I remember correctly) when I was looking for Pokemon in the grass. It just happened - I saw shiny Swablu . . . and I freaked out. I couldn't believe it at all . . . but I recognized the sparkle effect and I think I cursed aloud several times in disbelief.

Luckily, I weakened him just enough to catch, and bagged my first legit shiny EVER (I was such a ditz, I named him "Shiny" . . . how appropriate!). I've yet to find or catch another shiny ever since (even on Ruby, Emerald, D/P/Pt), but I'm still hoping to chain something one of these days . . . or another random encounter would be nice too.

- Juuchan17

not another thread for this... we have like 3 of 'em already.

Ive found two random shinies just maybe a week apart a Bronzong in turnback cave. But the better story is next week im talking with my cousin and mention the only shiny I would find great to have would be a shiny Cacturne cause they looked badass.. Then I walked into grass.. and Bam one popped up. My cousin simply got jealous "Ive been trying for one shiny for months now you find them left and right". Good times..

might as well...
i was playing through emerald, stepped in artisan cave, BAM shiny smeargle.
next step, BAM shiny smeargle.
:D

I was soft-resetting for a good IV and good nature Shaymin and BAM, then came a shiny Shaymin which also had good IV! Too bad that it was Sassy...
That, and shiny Gyarados in Platinum are my only legal shinies.
I'm still proud of that shiny Shaymin.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom