• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Awkward X and Y moments

SquishyFace

Because squishy
Reaction score
So this game just came out, and of course everyone's playing it. But what are the really awkward,weird, or just plain unexpected moments that had happened to you while you were playing? Something during a battle? Something you found while exploring? For example, I recently encountered a hoard battle with 4 Zangoose and 1 Seviper. Then instead of attacking me first, all of the Zangoose decided that killing the Seviper on their side was more important than killing a much more dangerous Ivysaur. Then once they had taken all their frustration out on the poor snake, I ended them with Razor Leaf. I also managed to spend 5000 Pokedollars on just my hair.

So how about you guys?

I really wanted to catch that Seviper.... then he got mauled.

Most awkward moment? Shauna confessing that she's never watched fire works with a boy before.

Or in the "Haunted House" where that random guy tells a scary story, then asks for a tip. Apparently Nintendo has some poor opinions of the French. Half of them are snobs, and the other half are greedy. Half expected Nurse Joy to start asking for money.

Randomly entering one of the second floors in a Northern Boulevard Lumiose building, than light goes out and Hex Girl appears and says "You're not the one ..." What.

The Northern Boulevard building Hex Maniac is even worse when your battery's close to dying, the lights are blinking but your stuck in the elevator so you think you're going to save once you step out.

But then everything comes to an abrupt halt and all you can think is "Oh god I didn't save since before the power plant!"

I ran into a swarm battle like that, too, and I loved it. Makes the Pokemon seem so much more...real? I wanted the Seviper too, though. =(

I don't know if this really counts, but I did find this hilarious: There's a patch of grass before Calem shows you how to catch a Pokemon. I ran into a Pokemon there and caught it, so I had already caught a Pokemon by the time he showed me how to catch one. xD

Every time I meet that dude that gives out new O powers at a hotel...

And the fireworks thing (it's the same for male and female pc's apparently, I think that scene weirded out my boyfriend more than it did me).

tripping up over stuff while playing and walking round count? i mean like who seriously puts a char at a desk gawd.

More irritating than awkward, but Floatzel hordes in Victory Road. And they ALL know Aqua Jet.

Priority moves aren't so fun when you get hit with 5 in a row.

oh ye got a swarm of serviper and one mongoose i think its called? any way i was like ohh i need that and all the serviper were killing it i was like lol funny.

The Stunfisk and Magikarp battle whatever it is called as it probably isn't sprite anymore.

And as I haven't realized at first that Hex Maniac is regular trainer class, I thought that the one ghost (?) in Luminose is the same as the one who battled me near the haunted house and the very same as that one who gave me the Toxic TM so I was really weirded out and thought that the girl dies of poisoning.

Definitely the fireworks scene for me, which was made more awkward since I'm playing as the girl.

I'd take N's ferris wheel ride over that scene any day XD

For example, I recently encountered a hoard battle with 4 Zangoose and 1 Seviper. Then instead of attacking me first, all of the Zangoose decided that killing the Seviper on their side was more important than killing a much more dangerous Ivysaur.
That's actually totally hilarious. It would be like watching a horde of Red/Blue-striped Basculin.

. . . does anyone have a "bait and switch" feeling on the Kalos starters? I mean, I love Fennekin but I don't particularly like Braixen's design. I kinda like Chespin but Quilladin's design gives me Pignite flashbacks (and not good ones). And while I'm impartial to Froakie, I totally love Frogadier's design.

Randomly entering one of the second floors in a Northern Boulevard Lumiose building, than light goes out and Hex Girl appears and says "You're not the one ..." What.
This. The way she was floating didn't help.

I was playing around midnight before sleeping then checked that building. That floor had no people so it got creepy walking around.

Definitely the fireworks scene. It seemed a bit too 'romantic' to be between two girls standing really close to each other and her saying something along the lines of "i hope we can become great friends". I definitely shuddered a bit >_>

Also Espurr gives me nightmares with those eyes o_O

I was playing while watching a movie called "The Serpent and the Rainbow", which had a lot to do about Haiti and voodoo. At one point in the movie, the protagonist is having a nightmare and had a hold of some skeleton, and then woke up clutching a giant root.

...Three seconds later, I picked up an item called "Big Root" in game. I got kinda scared.

Those scary tourist ladies on Route 6. Ugh.
And when I got a female Tyrunt and had to start over at the cave just to get a male one.

Not being able to find a female Combee AT ALL!

And just a few minutes ago, facing a horde of level 5 Scraggy, the weird part being that they were all females.

Shauna is awkward in general. I was like Wut when the firework scene happened. It didn't weird me out but I thought theired be some more stuff hinting that Shauna likes you but no just that scene. Also when I was changing sheets at the hotel I noticed that when you change a bed the dialogue (it reeks of perfume) popped up. I actually noticed quite a few innuendoes snuck in the game.

I... I just caught an Abra with a critical capture... that never happened for me before...

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom