• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Awkward X and Y moments

Getting OHKO'd by a Stunfisk at the Battle Maison. Yeah, that actually happened to me...

That happened to me, too! First it used fissure on one of my Pokemon and hit right away. Then my only Pokemon left was Delphox, and Stunfisk used muddy water. That didn't OHKO Delphox, but it lowered my accuracy which caused flamethrower to miss on the next turn. If it hadn't lowered my accuracy, that flamethrower would have knocked Stunfisk out and I could have won that battle. :disgust:

Getting OHKO'd by a Stunfisk at the Battle Maison. Yeah, that actually happened to me...

There's definitely some sketchy stuff going on in the Battle Maison. My fully EV trained team got destroyed by a Rain Dance Lumineon that Chatelaine Evelyn had. My Mega Charizard Y got KOed before Solar Beam went off, my Tyrantrum got 2HKOed by Ice Beam, my Volcarona got KOed by Lumineon in tandem with Primeape, and my Roserade got Faked Out by her Persian and KOed shortly after.

Crazy stuff. xD

Has anyone seen Venomoth in this game yet? :eek: And people say Espurr's stare is creepy! Venomoth looks right at you!

Has anyone seen Venomoth in this game yet? :eek: And people say Espurr's stare is creepy! Venomoth looks right at you!

I have seen venomoth, but it doesn't really creep me out the way espurr does. (venomoth's eyes are kind of cute if you ask me...)

Espurr is the cutest pokemon ever. (besides mew) I don't get why people think it's creepy.

Espurr is the cutest pokemon ever. (besides mew) I don't get why people think it's creepy.

Espurr looks like it has been through Hell and back. The things it must have seen for its eyes to turn into that endless stare...

...but I still agree, it's adorable!

Espurr makes an easy poster child for:
WHAT HAS BEEN SEEN
Espurr-X-and-Y.jpg

Cannot be unseen

I find pokemon-amie with honedge is...odd. It doesn't have a mouth, how is it eating those puffs?!?

3 sword dances and six shadow sneaks defeated Diantha. "YAY! I feel empty. Victory is meaningless"

I was in Lumiose City walking, then I passed at a couple and the guy said to the woman "Y'know my Emolga wants to shock your Dedenne." and she replies "What?"

We do have the maid talking about how thick a pillar is...wouldn't be surprised about the Emolga/Dedenne line :S

When I completed the game, I thought there'd be content afterwards. That was an awkward moment.

3 sword dances and six shadow sneaks defeated Diantha. "YAY! I feel empty. Victory is meaningless"
Back in Emerald my Absol got off two Swords Dances and then OHKO half of Champ Juan's team, that's the only reason I actually won the match (and on the first try, no less).
And then, in HG, Karen's Houndoom got off 2-3 Nasty Plots and then SWEPT MY WHOLE TEAM with Dark Pulse. That really hurt like a ... dog....

I play the game with my daughter and during a long car ride she manages to bring a set of lv 15 pokemon to the elite 4 and lock herself in. I had yet to lose an ingame battle and listening to her get trounced by the drgn trainer in my game was cringe inducing

The other day, I was trying to evolve an Eevee into Umbreon. I went to the Winding Woods, which is where I usually train. Somehow, I forgot that the mossy rock is right there and accidentally evolved it into Leafeon instead. Oops. :loopy:

Also, the first time I was challenged to a battle online was a little awkward. There were no restrictions, but I wasn't really paying attention and just assumed my Pokemon would be set to level 50. Instead, I ended up fighting a team of mostly level 70's and 80's with a team of level 50's and 60's except for a level 83 Spiritomb. I still knocked out three of the opponent's Pokemon, so I must have been doing something right. (Well, my opponent's mega Blaziken actually knocked itself out because it kept using brave bird, which was also kind of awkward.)

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom