• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Awkward X and Y moments

Entered a passerby battle, I sent out my Froslass as my opener and they sent out Porygon-Z.
So it went like this:
Porygon-Z used Tri-Attack, nothing happened.
Froslass used spikes.
Froslass used Blizzard.
Froslass used Destiny Bond.
Connection has been lost.
o_O

I... think I unintentionally made someone rage quit due to their own stupidity.
I was in a fight with Articuno and my Houndoom was frozen solid. Somehow though, despite it's frozen state, Houndoom read my mind and avoided Ice Beam.
How does one move when they are frozen solid?
My theory: Since your Houndoom obviously has psychic powers to read your mind, he made the entire block of ice he was in levitate and then do a barrel roll... just picture it.

I was in a fight with Articuno and my Houndoom was frozen solid. Somehow though, despite it's frozen state, Houndoom read my mind and avoided Ice Beam.
How does one move when they are frozen solid?
My theory: Since your Houndoom obviously has psychic powers to read your mind, he made the entire block of ice he was in levitate and then do a barrel roll... just picture it.[/QUOTE]
If this is the case then my Houndoom is the best Houndoom ever!

While not XY specific, last night I made some progress on my old FireRed save. Finally made it to Lance (took a lot of items though, boy do I need to grind) and the match went down like this:

- Lance sent out Gyarados!
- Go! Charizard! (has 50% HP)
- Charizard used Blast Burn! (33% damage)
- Gyarados used Hyper Beam! (Charizard survives with single-digit HP)
- Charizard must recharge!
- Gyarados must recharge!

. . . Well, that just happened....

Just looked at my newly-hatched Glameow, and apparently they're born knowing only Fake Out? That's... not going to go so well.

I was just walking around in a Pokemon center, going about my usual business. My younger brother (he's about 6 or so) looks over my shoulder while I'm playing, and briefly sees my character, who's wearing the white jacket you can get at Lumiose City and the black and white cap. My brother then asked me, "Oh, is that N?"
I guess I can understand, since the black cap the male character can wear DOES look like N's. Still... that caught me completely off guard. I didn't even think he's know who N is, since everything he knows about Pokemon comes from the anime.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom