• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Awkward X and Y moments

From discussions in the customization thread, it appears that one way to unlock certain things is to be "Stylish" - by wearing an outfit where all parts (bar the hat accessory) have the same background colour/pattern when you go to customize (aka BUY EVERYTHING YOU SEE because that's not as easy as it sounds ._.). Another user reported that they got in the boutique in Lumiose by having Alexa lead them there.

I found it a bit head-scratchy when the punks in Lost Hotel told me I wasn't stylish enough. I'm curious, if I come in a completely different style from them, will they still think I'm "stylish" if I fit the same-background requirement?

From discussions in the customization thread, it appears that one way to unlock certain things is to be "Stylish" - by wearing an outfit where all parts (bar the hat accessory) have the same background colour/pattern when you go to customize (aka BUY EVERYTHING YOU SEE because that's not as easy as it sounds ._.). Another user reported that they got in the boutique in Lumiose by having Alexa lead them there.

I found it a bit head-scratchy when the punks in Lost Hotel told me I wasn't stylish enough. I'm curious, if I come in a completely different style from them, will they still think I'm "stylish" if I fit the same-background requirement?

It matters not what clothing you wear while attempting to enter the Lost Hotel. What you are required to do is learn all skating tricks in Lumiose city. Once that is accomplished, you will be able to meet the boss in the Lost Hotel.

For example, I recently encountered a hoard battle with 4 Zangoose and 1 Seviper. Then instead of attacking me first, all of the Zangoose decided that killing the Seviper on their side was more important than killing a much more dangerous Ivysaur. Then once they had taken all their frustration out on the poor snake, I ended them with Razor Leaf.

That happened to me and I squealed with delight. Zangoose hunt Seviper because they're natural enemies and I was ecstatic that they actually put that into the game xD

I agree that Furfrou marking its territory in the hotel was so un-Pokémon.

Personal ones:
My Gogoat's a buck and it learned Milk Drink. I don't even WANT to guess how that works.

Related to that, Miltank technically gainaxes. Some people think they're evil; I can't take them seriously anymore.

Honedge come in both genders? Does that make them breedable? I'm . . . not sure I want to know how that works....

The most awkward moment in my X game so far was encountering a shiny Geodude in a five Geodude horde on Victory Road, and then having them all kill each other with Magnitude before I could catch it.

Another awkward moment for me is when I have 5 people from my school watching me play and they all flip out when they see me start riding a Skiddo...

As already mentioned, the weird building where, after leacing the elevator on the second floor, the lights flickered on and off and the girl faded in and said, "You're not the one," and dissipated. I was like...Oh my god, what just happened to me? There is going to be so much creepypasta about that one...

Also, hitting Yvetal once, just barely getting it into yellow, and throwing an ultra ball and catching it on the first shot. I was like...well, that was anti-climactic. And that music was the best too, I barely got to listen to it.

In that rich people's hotel in Lumiose, there was that one guy in front of a vase, and when you're talking to him...he is surprised and says that he totally wasn't going to drink from it.
What is wrong with these people.

I think I had the most embarrassing moment I've ever experienced in a Pokemon game in Reflection Cave. A horde of Mime Jrs (all around Level 11) appears and I whip out my fairly tanky Skiddo. I can't remember exactly what level I was - but I was significantly higher - by about fifteen I think.

Oh god, it was horrible.

They managed to confuse me and then incessantly Double-Slapped, Growled and Copy-Catted. I knew that if I manged to use Bulldoze I'd practically one-shot all of them, but I was so unlucky with the confusion that I managed to hit myself..... again, and again, and again.... I could have swapped out, but by this stage (watching each Mime Jr play out their infuriatingly lengthily animated Copy-Cat) I was so annoyed I was determined to kill them all. My skiddo once again hurt itself in its confusion and I died.... So awkward....

Other than that, the other awkward moment was in the Hero Battle Megaevolution Tower place, which name I have obviously forgotten. There is this massive set up with this random Lucario and then eventually the game asks "Lucario stares at you intently! Would you like to take him with you?" ..... "No." ..... "Oh..."

Seeing a "over 9,000" joke in the game! No, I'm not kidding! A Psychic trainer actually just said that to me!

Seeing Lysandre's final battle outfit was hilariously unexpected, combined with the way he casually walked into the room. I took him a lot less seriously in that moment.

I'd say wiping the Elite Four my second time with just my Charizard. Well, it was awkward for them, maybe... pretty epic to me.

Hitting up a girl in the Battle Chateau for a battle, only to have her ask if I had gotten my clothes from a trash can. <.<

I proceeded to relentlessly mop the floor with her.

This.

THIS.

I don't know what it is about her comment, but I just get so riled up every time I talk to her. And then I make sure to pick the strongest move possible against her Pokémon just to make sure she loses. Like, do I actually need to use an Outrage from a Lvl. 76 Goodra on her Lvl. 15 'mon? Probably not, but I get massive enjoyment from it anyways.

Self-explained. **SPOILER... maybe***

perfecttiming_en.jpg

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom