• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Awkward X and Y moments

Well, since I'm playing as a girl, Shauna and the fireworks was a liiiittle...awkward. >.>

One of those intimate, non-gay moments...happens to all of us...

So if you play as a girl what does she say?? "I've never seen fireworks with a girl alone before ??" I always thought that tierno replaced shauna in all of those scenes !

From what I understand, they don't have that line at all for the girl's version of the fireworks scene. I don't like that. Shauna seems to be coming on to every boy player. What if I don't like her? What if I think she should go and chase Trevor? Get away from me, Shauna I don't want to see these fireworks with you!

Well, since I'm playing as a girl, Shauna and the fireworks was a liiiittle...awkward. >.>

So if you play as a girl what does she say?? "I've never seen fireworks with a girl alone before ??" I always thought that tierno replaced shauna in all of those scenes !

From what I understand, they don't have that line at all for the girl's version of the fireworks scene. I don't like that. Shauna seems to be coming on to every boy player. What if I don't like her? What if I think she should go and chase Trevor? Get away from me, Shauna I don't want to see these fireworks with you!

I think she just says, "I've never seen fireworks before". (What do you mean you thought Tierno replaced Shauna in those scenes? That whatever Shauna does when playing as a male, Tierno does for the female? Because, no, it's the same, just different dialogue).

That awkward moment when you realize you've one shotted all of a gym leader's pokemon... for the 8th time. Without grinding.

Not really XY specific, but that moment when markings have been around for years and I only just figured out their best use. Marking which of each 6 stats has a max IV for a quick reference.

[...] For example, I recently encountered a hoard battle with 4 Zangoose and 1 Seviper. Then instead of attacking me first, all of the Zangoose decided that killing the Seviper on their side was more important than killing a much more dangerous Ivysaur. [...]

I was also kinda surprise when this first happened to me, and the same thing happens when u encounter an horde of durant with one heatmor on it on that route where the terminus cave is in: they start attacking each other, and just ignore u =X It's like u just fell right in the middle of a fight that was already there XD

Anyways, the most awkward moment for me happened inside one of the restaurants of Lumiose City when, after the battles, I begun talking to the other people that were there, and there was this table with two guys, and one of them said something like "oh, we are here, two men in a table, having dinner like two men: there is nothing weird with that". I felt so strange, because, since our caracter doesn't speak and we have to imagine what exactly he/she said on a conversation, I had this suspicion that my little guy was being extremely judgmental, or, worse, was only caught on a bad conversation =X

I think she just says, "I've never seen fireworks before". (What do you mean you thought Tierno replaced Shauna in those scenes? That whatever Shauna does when playing as a male, Tierno does for the female? Because, no, it's the same, just different dialogue).

iirc she says "I've never watched fireworks with anyone before." Because I remember getting super femmeslash vibes from her (and liking it).

Most awkward X and Y moment? Probably looking at the Ace Trainer's new design and laughing, then realizing he was an Ace Trainer.

Other Awkward Moments in X and Y:

-The fact that Lumiose City Rides are usually much more than $710. I spent at least $25,000 on those alone.

-The underwhelming speed Gogoats go at in Lumiose City. (I don't have a Gogoat in X and Y, so I don't know the speed of normal goat travel)

-How ridiculously fast Skiddo goes on that one Route XD Also, I have a Skiddo but I've never taken him out of the box. What's wrong with me.

-How much money I've wasted tipping people, even though it serves no purpose whatsoever.

-The incredible awkward and cliche fireworks scene with Shauna. I didn't like Shauna because she was kind of irritating, even though she did something, like once or twice. I liked getting a Froakie, even though she nicknamed it Froabble -_-

-How underpowered Serena was. (The Female counterpart of Calem.) I like Serena, but I wish she had stronger Pokemon. She challenges you quite a few battles, and it's awkward when your rival is always 10 levels under you. (Has anyone lost to him/her when she/he challenged you for the mega ring?)

-When I entered the Elite 4 with Mewtwo, Zygarde and My level 40 Braixen and expected to win.

Last edited:
-How underpowered Serena was. (The Female counterpart of Calem.) I like Serena, but I wish she had stronger Pokemon. She challenges you quite a few battles, and it's awkward when your rival is always 10 levels under you. (Has anyone lost to him/her when she/he challenged you for the mega ring?)
Exp.Share much?

Exp.Share much?

All of my Pokemon were near the same level at most times. I wasn't grinding at all really and I was playing casually, with a bit super training. I just think he/she should've been stronger. Besides, the Exp. Share was meant to try to even out the levels of your Pokemon and help train weaker Pokemon without risking them fainting and/or wasting your expensive medicine. Besides, I think I had a good team: Espeon, (With a beneficial nature towards Sp. Attack) Raichu, Lucario, Charizard, Lapras and Yveltal.

When Shauna's like "This is the first time I've watched fireworks alone with a boy. I'll always remember these fireworks because I'm with you."

Besides, the Exp. Share was meant to try to even out the levels of your Pokemon and help train weaker Pokemon without risking them fainting and/or wasting your expensive medicine.
For the latter task, the held item was far superior.

The maid on the final floor of the Richissime Hotel can't stop staring at this one pillar. She just loves how thick it is.

The maid on the final floor of the Richissime Hotel can't stop staring at this one pillar. She just loves how thick it is.

OMG yes! Thank you for reminding me of that XD

I actually tend to read aloud when playing my game and when I went to read the statement aloud my brother was in the room. He actually couldn't believe she could say something like that lol

Who knows maybe its an easter egg joke for the adult players (though I highly doubt it) or maybe they just didn't think anything of it.

OMG yes! Thank you for reminding me of that XD

I actually tend to read aloud when playing my game and when I went to read the statement aloud my brother was in the room. He actually couldn't believe she could say something like that lol

Who knows maybe its an easter egg joke for the adult players (though I highly doubt it) or maybe they just didn't think anything of it.

Oh I'm sure Gamefreak knows exactly what they're doing. They love innuendo more than that lady loves her pillar!

Buying the Charizardite X and Blastoisite items for 150,000 each then realising I could have got them for even cheaper if I had worked on my popularity more.

Also, the O-Power guy needs to learn that I WILL NOT HAVE BONDING TIME WITH HIM IN HIS HOTEL ROOM!

I got in after becoming Champion, but I'd also groomed a Furfrou. Have you tried that?

A guy in a South Boulevard building said 'Don't sneak up on me! I might fall in love with you!'. I was playing as a dude.

And at Restraunt Le Nah, a guy's saying 'Just two guys having food. Nothing wrong!' Or something.

It's yaoi o' clock!

There's also a guy at a cafe in Lumoise City that says "I want to work for a handsome manager." As a yaoi fangirl, I lawled

No.... Tierno is with Trevor. Tierno will ALWAYS be with Trevor....RIGHT?? *Creepy yaoi fangirl smile*

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, not as awkward as some of the more adult references being mentioned recently... but still fairly awkward for the opposition in the game.

I was battling someone with three Audinos. My Mega Gengar was close to fainting, one more attack and it would be gone. So, what does the Audino use? Heal Pulse of course. I was just staring at my screen for a few seconds thinking "What the hell?"

Theres a woman in Battle Mansion who sais: "So, this is one of THOSE regions in wich people are always asking for tips? I wont spend my money with the plebe!"

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom