• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Awkward X and Y moments

Here's another one from me. I named my character Mona Lisa as a pun on my own name, and because of that, I often catch myself singing "The Ballad of Mona Lisa" by Panic At The Disco while playing.

So here I am, just giving my Mewtwo these epic cupcakes, which is already weird enough, and then I just start singing my character's name multiple times out loud.

Being told you won first prize in the ID Lotto and getting a Rare Candy.
Huh, so 4 out of 5 is "First Prize" to you guys?

If you get 5 out of 5 you get a Master Ball...so I think Stratelier is onto something with the First Prize and Grand Prize idea

(I can't remember what they said when I got a full out match, but I do remember getting a master ball!)

Hitting up the guide in the hotel in Geosenge after you destroy the ultimate weapon; she says the ideas of the stones being gravestones weren't so farfetched. Then there's the construction worker who is laughing over the fact that now there's a huge hole in the ground; never mind the flipped over houses nearby. :sweat:

I'm trying to get a male Smeargle to sketch Ion Deluge.

Just one problem: My Lanturn has Volt Absorb.

- Lanturn used Ion Deluge!
- Smeargle used Sketch!
- *triggers Volt Absorb* It doesn't affect Lanturn....

CRAP. This is going to be tougher than trying to teach Smeargle Transform!

Maybe I should get a Mareep....

The first time a ran into a female Wobbuffet. Those lips... o_O

The way Spinda staggers about weirds me out too.

Don't even get me started on Mr. Mime. *shudders*

I haven't gotten very far in the game yet (about to watch the fireworks, actually.... reading this thread will make that interesting, lol) so the most awkward thing for me, so far, is Trevor. o_O I thought he was a girl, based on his hair, until he was intro'd with a male name.

The first time I saw some of the faint animations it broke my heart a little bit. I was all "Oh those poor pokemon!" The feels!

I was lost on my way to something in Lumiose City where you get paid for services, and so I talk to a taxi driver trying to earn more cash so I can purchase more Poke Balls and Revives as I train. I probably should just take on Clemont. However even without the full fare, I still managed to do it. When I didn't have enough money, I got thrown into a Pokemon battle. The guy I lost to at first had a level 66 Krookodile and then I had no money. It has the ability Moxie, which means every time he knocks out an opponent, ME of course, it raises his Attack, and then I found out the Mega Ring is only a one time use per battle. I tried to defeat it with level 40 Pokemon. I searched for that same guy and after a couple more fights with Sandile and Krokorok, I manged to take out the Krookodile without actually hitting it. I tried to, but it missed. It was all Blaziken's fault. He missed with Blaze Kick and then when it used Outrage, it got fatigued and had max attack, so two attacks toward itself took it out. It seemed weird.

Also when you go to make the beds in that one place I was looking for, you have to do it in under 75 seconds. I tried to find every room, but it took me over 99 seconds. I tried to waste no time on it at all.

Shauna. Not the firework things specifically, but I always get so much secondhand embarrassment from her.

When Valerie starts rambling about how much she wants to be a pokemon.

The random tall guy you meet when you're going out of the desert area, what was that all about?

The girl in Laverre who wants you to show her a big pokemon, when she started talking, I was taken by surprise and thought of posting here until she clarified she was talking about pokemon. Same with the guy who wants to see a tiny pokemon, but because I met her first, I already knew what he was going to say. I think everyone in Laverre is weird but not in a good way.

The guy in the power plant who was hiding and got stuck.

When Valerie starts rambling about how much she wants to be a pokemon.

The girl in Laverre who wants you to show her a big pokemon, when she started talking, I was taken by surprise and thought of posting here until she clarified she was talking about pokemon. Same with the guy who wants to see a tiny pokemon, but because I met her first, I already knew what he was going to say. I think everyone in Laverre is weird but not in a good way.

Those fairies man. I bet it's those fairies.

The dude who asks you "What do you like better? Long or short?"

That one Flare grunt in Laverre who doesn't seem aware that
his organization is done for and that a large hole stands in Geosenge because of Flare.

I was just running around looking for some Pumkaboo, hoping to find a Super Sized one, and I ran into like this HUGE one! And I was like, OMG, it must be teh Super Size!! So I threw balls on balls on balls at it and finally caught it. Then I ran to the Pokemon Center to see it and I thought it was Super Sized. I checked my Dex to see it was just Large Sized. :(

On the bright side, it was Modest anyway.

I decided to join a community of other people playing X and Y and found a thread full of Awkward X and Y moments which made me relive every bit of awkwardness Pokemon X had to offer.
*Shudder*

I was just running around looking for some Pumkaboo, hoping to find a Super Sized one, and I ran into like this HUGE one! And I was like, OMG, it must be teh Super Size!! So I threw balls on balls on balls at it and finally caught it. Then I ran to the Pokemon Center to see it and I thought it was Super Sized. I checked my Dex to see it was just Large Sized. :(

How do you use you pokedex to see which ones you've caught? This would change my life.

What I did when I was collecting Pumpkaboo was this: I'd catch one and then check the pokedex to see whether there was a new size on there. Then to confirm I compared them on the computer. It's a lot of work though so I'm hoping there's an easier way.

The first time a ran into a female Wobbuffet. Those lips... o_O

This, too. How do Wobbuffet even have lipstick in the wild?

How do you use you pokedex to see which ones you've caught? This would change my life.

What I did when I was collecting Pumpkaboo was this: I'd catch one and then check the pokedex to see whether there was a new size on there. Then to confirm I compared them on the computer. It's a lot of work though so I'm hoping there's an easier way.

That's what I do. :p I catch and see if there's a new size on the Pokedex~

I'm not sure if you know this already but the super sized pumpkaboo has a lower pitched cry than the other 3 forms. You can easily tell if a pumkaboo is super sized just by listening to its cry when you first encounter it.

I'm not sure if you know this already but the super sized pumpkaboo has a lower pitched cry than the other 3 forms. You can easily tell if a pumkaboo is super sized just by listening to its cry when you first encounter it.

O_O I didn't know that. Thanks, that'll make it easier!~

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom